No Alcohol April

Options
12345679»

Replies

• eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    114 days for me as of today. I has been easy for the most part. I will get tougher on Saturday as we are having some people over for an Easter meal and I've been asked to make up a spring sparkling wine cocktail (I lean to elderflower liquor and a dry cava for that) and then wine for the meal (likely Lamb, maybe Bunny)
    This type of thing is the only time i find it hard (I managed Christmas day though by drinking Soda with Homemade Cherry Bitters)
  • Kimmywells
    Kimmywells Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I would like to take my hat off to all of you, and I wish you all the best.

I would like to join ,but I am not sure I can give a 100 % commintment. I need to do this but, I know it is going to been hard. I been calulating my drinks on my WW plan as well as MFP on weekdays, but not on weekends and then I over drink & make bad food choices. I think it will help with my weight lost as well as make me feel better inside & out.
  • eddiesmith1
    Options
    I would like to take my hat off to all of you, and I wish you all the best.

I would like to join ,but I am not sure I can give a 100 % commintment. I need to do this but, I know it is going to been hard. I been calulating my drinks on my WW plan as well as MFP on weekdays, but not on weekends and then I over drink & make bad food choices. I think it will help with my weight lost as well as make me feel better inside & out.

Start by just logging everything, the only person you cheat by not logging is yourself. It will give you the real info to make your decision. I quit because i was drinking to excess and decided i needed the break from it. Not sure when (or if) I will have a drink again, but i know i feel better because i haven't drank for just under 4 months
  • byronyucker
    byronyucker Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    So after April are we having drinks to celebrate or quitting forever lol?
  • LittleMissAlx
    LittleMissAlx Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    It was all going so well.... 18 days without alcohol. But I did a lot of exercise today and had so many calories left over that it was so easy to be tempted....
  • MaddieCakes06
    MaddieCakes06 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Only two more weekends to get thru.

WE CAN DO THIS!
  • MaddieCakes06
    Options
    Wow yesterday was TOUGH! Out with friends all day, skipping around from happy hour to happy hour and ending the night at a bowling ally. I'm happy to stay I stuck it out and drank NO alcohol, just ginger ale for me all night! My friends may think I'm pregnant, but I'm proud of my choices! And I saved a ridiculous amount of money!

ONE MORE WEEKEND!
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    I pretty much failed every day this week. I know it's missing a little alliteration, but maybe someone can join me for no alcohol May?
  • DanaLeo33
    DanaLeo33 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I will definitely join you on this!
  • DanaLeo33
    Options
  • DanaLeo33
    Options
    I pretty much failed every day this week. I know it's missing a little alliteration, but maybe someone can join me for no alcohol May?

• margav
    margav Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm still with it and feeling great. But yes: every person eyes me up and down when they realize i'm not drinking because they think I must be pregnant :)
  • eddiesmith1
    Options
    I had a sip of a pitcher cocktails I made for people we had over to test the balance but otherwise still alcohol free (that meal was a challenge with cocktails wine and champagne - somehow Sparkling water with Bitters just doesn't make up for Champagne)
  • JohnIVC
    JohnIVC Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I just completed 40 days Alcohol Free - finally had 4 beers over Easter weekend - tasted so good, but felt guilty. the first 30 days were pretty easy, the last 10 was difficult but that was due to exposure at family events.
  • tlc4ever
    tlc4ever Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I cheated last weekend and had two cocktails on Friday night. I didn't sleep well that night and it was the first time in over two weeks I went over my allotted calories.

Then last week I went for a massage. I always feel guilty getting one because it's a luxury and I feel like I'm wasting money. While laying there feeling so good I realize I probably spend $100 or more each month on drinking between what I buy for home consumption and what I pay when going out. I decided I will spend that money on a monthly massage to de-stress, and continue to exercise for stress relief. Win, win!

So as for now I've decided to go through May, and maybe further.
  • MaddieCakes06
    Options
    After a 12 hour day all I wanted was a big glass of wine.

So I poured myself some raspberry lemonade crystal light in a big wine glass and called it good!
  • Alpha12
    Alpha12 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Forgot to quote, but I would definitely join you in May!
  • eddiesmith1
    Options
    Saturday past was 19 weeks for me no alcohol (so I managed,through Christmas, New Years and Easter without it) This is probably the longest I've gone without a drink in 36-38 years, Only thing i truly miss is wine with a good meal
  • sandyyb1
    sandyyb1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just saw this thread and boy did I need it! I have been on a plateau for a very long time and I wanted to see if quitting the wine would help. I'm only on day 3 and struggling! I wish I was the kind of person who could have only one glass, but once I have one...that's the end of it. I am eager to follow your posts and your successes!
    I'll call this week my "jump start" and go for alcohol free MAY!