Options
12346»

Replies

• rachelg145
    rachelg145 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    135.gif

LMAO!!!!

Ditto, for some reason this is the funniest thing I've seen on here, and there is some funny stuff that people post.
  • pumuckel35789
    pumuckel35789 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the tip! It never fails , people always have to be ugly !!!!!!!!11
  • pumuckel35789
    pumuckel35789 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    :love:
    Thank you for the tip! It never fails , people always have to be ugly !!!!!!!!11
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
  • RaggedyAnnazon
    RaggedyAnnazon Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I just kind of want to get this off my chest, and put it out there for new folks. MFP is basically a really great place to get support. There are a few people, however, that feel like it is necessary to be insulting. For the most part it just rolls off my back, but I have supporting people in my life. I feel bad for the folks who this is there only place to get support and they get ugly hateful comments. So for you new people … if someone is ugly don't engage them … if you make friends with someone who puts you down ditch them. There are those who feel being nice is "enabling" and being mean "is being supportive."

I just tend to remember that people think thye can say more on the internet, I think because they feel like theyre talking to a post not a person. I think it would be different if we were all in a face-to-face group.

A lot of them I just see as Internet Trolls, and try to view their comments as primarily entertaining rather than insulting.
  • RaggedyAnnazon
    RaggedyAnnazon Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    hi guize.
    i have experienced the same thing here. i asked a question (without searching) about a cleanse while i'm on a sub-1,000cal/day diet while logging light dusting as a 600cal burn. the cleanse didnt seem to be having any positive results and i was tired all the time, but i read on a site that was authored by my sisters friends brothers ex-roommate that cleanses are good for the toxinz. also, i couldnt figure out why i had no energy...im eating PLENTY! some days i cant even get to the ,1000 calories.

anywho...i came to the forums and asked my questions.
    next thing you know i had people telling me that cleanses are a waste of money, and that my body cleans itself of toxinz wiff my organs. some nerve!
    THEN people had the AUDACITY to tell me that 1,000calories a day was not enough food!
    some jerk suggested i calculate my TDEE (or some crap i know nothing about) so i could sustain healthy weightloss via caloric deficit. he even offered to help me run my numbers but i bet he was a creep and just wanted to see me naked.

ONE person in my thread said they had started the same cleanse i was looking at the day prior, and that they felt GREAT! i expected so much more support on a web site that is meant to SUPPORT.

today i was going to ask about doing a water fast and eliminating all carbs, but i figured forget it...people are just jerks here anyway.

so i went to waterfast.com and they are VERY supportive of water fasts.

this site is full of bullies.

:yawn: sarcasm

trololololo
  • ndj1979
    Options
    People are just so down about themselves that they have to be hurtful to people, I guess. And it doesn't help that childish people think it's funny to read arguments on forums and post ridiculous "gifs" which egg on the bullies because people approve of their rudeness, which is what they were aiming for, to be "cool". Obviously none of these people have fulfilling lives or they would be nice instead of rude and ugly. It's not so fun to be on the other side, getting made fun of even if it is "only the internet". Just sayin...

I think you are taking internet forums way too seriously ….
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Some other sites are starting to talk about a phenomenon they call 'internet Asperger's* Syndrome.' With only the written words on the screen in front of a forumite, s/he is not necessarily able to pick up communication cues gleaned from other forms of interaction that can convey empathy. As a result of this perceived lack of empathy, the reader's jimmies become summarily rustled, and the response escalates things.

ETA: *Asperger's is a serious issue; I am in no way intending to demean those with a legitimate diagnosis of it by using the term in this context.
  • Loves418
    Loves418 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    135.gif

NOW I want popcorn and I have no calories left...:cry:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Some other sites are starting to talk about a phenomenon they call 'internet Asperger's* Syndrome.' With only the written words on the screen in front of a forumite, s/he is not necessarily able to pick up communication cues gleaned from other forms of interaction that can convey empathy. As a result of this perceived lack of empathy, the reader's jimmies become summarily rustled, and the response escalates things.

ETA: *Asperger's is a serious issue; I am in no way intending to demean those with a legitimate diagnosis of it by using the term in this context.

Huh. That's not where I thought you were going with that. :flowerforyou:
  • atfirstblush
    atfirstblush Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    It's a shame that some people feel it's okay to post mean remarks. We are all on this site to get healthy, if they can't be nice maybe they need to not say anything at all.
  • martini83
    martini83 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    gif love :heart: :heart:
  • ndj1979
    Options
    hi guize.
    i have experienced the same thing here. i asked a question (without searching) about a cleanse while i'm on a sub-1,000cal/day diet while logging light dusting as a 600cal burn. the cleanse didnt seem to be having any positive results and i was tired all the time, but i read on a site that was authored by my sisters friends brothers ex-roommate that cleanses are good for the toxinz. also, i couldnt figure out why i had no energy...im eating PLENTY! some days i cant even get to the ,1000 calories.

next thing you know i had people telling me that cleanses are a waste of money, and that my body cleans itself of toxinz wiff my organs. some nerve!
    THEN people had the AUDACITY to tell me that 1,000calories a day was not enough food!
    some jerk suggested i calculate my TDEE (or some crap i know nothing about) so i could sustain healthy weightloss via caloric deficit. he even offered to help me run my numbers but i bet he was a creep and just wanted to see me naked.

ONE person in my thread said they had started the same cleanse i was looking at the day prior, and that they felt GREAT! i expected so much more support on a web site that is meant to SUPPORT.

today i was going to ask about doing a water fast and eliminating all carbs, but i figured forget it...people are just jerks here anyway.

this site is full of bullies.

….
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I also have had people be rude with comments here, but you know what, it's life. I think rudeness is a sign of poor social skills. We are all here to learn, but some people make comments I don't think they realize how it comes across. Just go on and don't engage. Life is life and move on.
    Have you considered that when you encounter what you perceive as "rudeness," perhaps assuming everything means what you want it to mean, focusing on the negative only, and your inability to see what their comment was intending to convey are your failings?
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    hi guize.

Epic.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Just listen to the informative replies and advice. The people that REALLY know what they are talking about are rarely passive aggressive/rude/whatever. Everyone else can just go *kitten* themselves.
  • chelseafxx
    chelseafxx Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I just kind of want to get this off my chest, and put it out there for new folks. MFP is basically a really great place to get support. There are a few people, however, that feel like it is necessary to be insulting. For the most part it just rolls off my back, but I have supporting people in my life. I feel bad for the folks who this is there only place to get support and they get ugly hateful comments. So for you new people … if someone is ugly don't engage them … if you make friends with someone who puts you down ditch them. There are those who feel being nice is "enabling" and being mean "is being supportive."

This is the reason I never post on these boards and just google my own info. I don't need the lack of support from those who think they know everything about fitness. I'll figure it out on my own. :happy:

Yeppp all of this :) Google gives you the same answers without all of the side comments that may hurt some people's feelings. Some people like message boards, some people don't. The whole world really needs to understand that whole "to each their own" thing.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread. With that said, if you feel you are being attacked, please use the report function so a moderator can evaluate the post. In some cases, there are legitimate attacks against a poster and moderators give strikes or warnings for those actions. But in many cases, people correlate disagreement with attacks. It's ok to disagree but not ok to attack.

The forum guidelines include this item:

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are disrespectful. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting.This includes posts that encourage the dramain a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,

psuLemon
This discussion has been closed.