Whats a good age to start cursing?

Options
124»

Replies

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Cursing shows a lack of self discipline and only really shames yourself.

There are times where cursing might be obvious, but self-control should be a goal.

Teach your kids that cursing is "not" cool and that often, it is used in mean spirited ways and even when joking, it can be taken incorrectly.

I assure you I have no issues with self discipline. I really do not understand topics like this. This is an entirely cultural artifact, it has no direct influence on intelligence, health, longevity, or success in life. Your feelings on the topic are purely the result of your own personal experiences and have no correlation to the experience of anyone else, so trying to judge someone using your standards, when they are not the standards of the other person, is only a reflection of YOU.
    100% agree.
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options

Never trust someone who never curses.
  • BillyJan1992
    BillyJan1992 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I vote never. :angry:

I agree on the never part.

+1
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    Like saying what is a good age to start hating/bullying/killing/abusing.. Do I even need to answer? If for every curse they spill people donate a 25cents for a cause world would have been in a better shape.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    I'm just going to leave this here, because the pedestals in this thread are starting to touch atmospheric levels. I'm beginning to worry about people's available oxygen levels.

http://www.psychologicalscience.org/index.php/publications/observer/2012/may-june-12/the-science-of-swearing.html
  • Perplexities
    Perplexities Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I couldn't care less if someone curses casually, while in a neutral state, or happy.
    (Think Debra From Dexter.)

I don't myself but I certainly wouldn't think anyone was "less than" simply because they did.

However excessive cursing out of anger shows a lack of control, and isn't professional at all in my opinion, or at least doesn't portray professionalism in my eyes personally.
  • EmbraceTheDarkSide
    EmbraceTheDarkSide Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I wish this site had a "not serious" font :/
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options

You would think the whole "chit-chat fun and games" would clue people in..... I understood what you were going for, then got thoroughly annoyed by the responses.
  • BigVeggieDream
    BigVeggieDream Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    Im not a big fan of swearing at all.
    It puts me off when a man will swear constantly. Theres better words to use than swear words to show how your feeling.

I most definitely agree! :smile:

I agree, I find it unappealing when women do it.
  • Perplexities
    Perplexities Posts: 612 Member
    Options

You would think the whole "chit-chat fun and games" would clue people in..... I understood what you were going for, then got thoroughly annoyed by the responses.

In the same way you chose to post a serious reply, so did they.

I don't see the difference other than they were replying to the OP, or replying to someone who had replied to someone who replied to the OP.

Clearly your superior for being further down the chain though.

+1 for you, for understanding the OP wasn't serious and choosing to reply serious, that's much better than replying serious to a not serious reply that you thought was serious initially.

(Not serious.)
  • ComradeTovarich
    ComradeTovarich Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Like saying what is a good age to start hating/bullying/killing/abusing.. Do I even need to answer? If for every curse they spill people donate a 25cents for a cause world would have been in a better shape.

1376208350826.jpg
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    However excessive cursing out of anger shows a lack of control, and isn't professional at all in my opinion, or at least doesn't portray professionalism in my eyes personally.

The only time that happens with me is when I'm in a major argument with my SO. Since he doesn't pay me, I don't think I have to behave in a professional manner. Or is a relationship somehow a business?