I'm just curious about heights and goal weights :)

Options

Replies

• hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    5'5" and my goal currently is 140lb. This puts me just into the normal weight range, but I've no idea what I'll look like when I get there. I'm expecting to either move the goal posts as I get nearer or, more likely, start concentrating on body fat or other fitness goals.
  • strengthandhonour4eva
    strengthandhonour4eva Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    im 6ft 215lbs built like a wardrobe, want to lose 15-20lbs
  • nataliesweet19
    Options
    5´3, 110 lbs. want to lose 7 lbs and tone up
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    5'5 goal weight is 130 but i dont care whatever weight I feel happiest with will be goal
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    I'm 6ft 1in (185cm)
    My goal weight is 180-185
    Currently 190
  • ExpectantHope
    ExpectantHope Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4, my goal weight is 105-108lbs.
  • myuhmaya
    myuhmaya Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    My goal height is 5'4, I only have four inches to go!
  • Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I'm a bulky 5"7.5' lady. So says my dietician and doctor haha. That means that i've got bigger bone structure that the regular ol BMI scale doesn't consider in. According to the BMI i should weigh between 120lbs and 160lbs for my height. However, my doctor and dietician agree that under 167lbs is my healthy point. THEREFORE i switched my original goal of 140 to 150lbs :o
    At least for now. That's about 77lbs to go. or 8 months. :) If all goes to plan. My ultimate end game goal isn't about a number though, it's where i feel the best :)
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3.5" 116 lbs and bulking. Who knows? Wherever the gains may take me...
  • goodbyefreshman15
    Options
    We are the same height. I believe 103 lbs or under is considered "underweight" for us, but don't quote me on that. I've also seen 105 lbs as underweight by some sources as well. I think anything below 100 lbs for our height is a little too low, unless you are naturally that way, but it mainly depends on your frame as well. I've always been the happiest with my body around 110-115 lbs. I was unhappy as a 90 lb stick and unhappy as at a curvier 138 lbs as well.

I'm currently 111.5 lbs. My goal weight is 110 lbs, but may end up at 108 lbs once I'm finished. I say that because I'm not going from 1400-1500 calories all the way up to 1900 in one day. I will need to gradually increase my calories once I reach my goal. I hope to transition into maintenance by the end of the month ( April ). I do not want to get below 105 lbs.

Thanks for the info:)
  • EmbraceTheDarkSide
    EmbraceTheDarkSide Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    My goal height is 5'4, I only have four inches to go!

I laughed
  • goodbyefreshman15
    Options
    Hi! I'm Danielle. My goal weight is currently 100lbs, but I'm extremely iffy on that. I only put it in there because I needed a number. For a height of 5'3'', it's considered just above underweight. For a height of 5'4'', it is underweight. I'm 5'3.5''! It definitely needs to change. But back on topic, what's your height and what's your goal weight? :) If you've achieved your goal weight, congratulations to you!! And if you're making your way there, keep going.. you've got this!

Oh and feel free to add me. :)

Keep in mind the BMR ranges don't take into account your body type, muscle mass, etc. For me to get low end of my BMR range I would have to burn about 20 Lbs of muscle or more. According to BMR, I'm "overweight"...but I'm at a perfectly healthy BF% and I'm by no means a huge body builder or anything.

A lot of people become over obsessed with some arbitrary number and don't even understand the BMI ranges and what those numbers represent and end up doing more harm than good. If you have to burn muscle mass to get to some number, it's not the right number.

Personally, I'd pay way more attention to your BF% than hitting some number on the scale that is at the low end of your BMR. Most people I know who are at the low end of their BMR are pretty much sticks with very little in the way of muscle...ironically, most of these people also want to be "toned"...ironic because you have to have muscle to be "toned" and muscle has mass and thus weight. In that RE, this is a pretty good read...

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

but how does one calculate their bf%.......(the magic of google, ladies and gents. brb.)
  • goodbyefreshman15
    Options
    I'm 5'3.5" 116 lbs and bulking. Who knows? Wherever the gains may take me...

wonderful attitude :)
  • torshi
    torshi Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' nothing....currently in the 238's...I don't looke like I weight that much thanksfully, but it doesn't change the scale.

Goal weight is to be in the 150's.
  • Bounce4
    Bounce4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    6' tall. Goal weight is 165. I might be happy at 175 though.

I have no idea what my body fat percentage is. Never measured it. High I'm sure.
  • adriadawn19
    adriadawn19 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and right now my current goal weight is 150 but that is still considered overweight. I want to get to 150 and then re-evaluate what my goal is from there :)
  • sarpearbear22
    sarpearbear22 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and I'd like to weigh around 125-130, currently around 145-150. I was "skinny fat" at 122 (my smallest) and apparently I looked sickly. So I'm looking to replace fat with muscle, and we'll see where I end up.
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    5'8 and hoping to get to 163
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    6' 0" happy with my current weight between 170 and 175.

I weighed 145 in college due to lack of funds/food. Yep - scrawny then!
  • wideturn
    wideturn Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and I'm currently around 135 and I'd like to be around 120-125