I'm just curious about heights and goal weights :)

Options

Replies

• FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    5'5" and my goal is 134.. its not the 118 I have dreamed about since the birth of my first child but that would be too skinny on me and at my age. plus 134 will make it an even hundred lost. :drinker:
  • bc2ct
    bc2ct Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    6'1.5" (188cm), 185lbs, goal = swap out another 9lbs fat for muscle (same weight, 19% body fat ideal)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Danielle. My goal weight is currently 100lbs, but I'm extremely iffy on that. I only put it in there because I needed a number. For a height of 5'3'', it's considered just above underweight. For a height of 5'4'', it is underweight. I'm 5'3.5''! It definitely needs to change. But back on topic, what's your height and what's your goal weight? :) If you've achieved your goal weight, congratulations to you!! And if you're making your way there, keep going.. you've got this!

Oh and feel free to add me. :)

Keep in mind the BMR ranges don't take into account your body type, muscle mass, etc. For me to get low end of my BMR range I would have to burn about 20 Lbs of muscle or more. According to BMR, I'm "overweight"...but I'm at a perfectly healthy BF% and I'm by no means a huge body builder or anything.

A lot of people become over obsessed with some arbitrary number and don't even understand the BMI ranges and what those numbers represent and end up doing more harm than good. If you have to burn muscle mass to get to some number, it's not the right number.

Personally, I'd pay way more attention to your BF% than hitting some number on the scale that is at the low end of your BMR. Most people I know who are at the low end of their BMR are pretty much sticks with very little in the way of muscle...ironically, most of these people also want to be "toned"...ironic because you have to have muscle to be "toned" and muscle has mass and thus weight. In that RE, this is a pretty good read...

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

but how does one calculate their bf%.......(the magic of google, ladies and gents. brb.)

A decent set of calipers will set you back around $15 - $20 and used in conjunction with taking measurements ( use a seamstress's measuring tape, $3) works pretty good in my experience.
  • chimebird
    chimebird Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    If I were you I'd start with a slightly higher goal.

Here's why: When you're overweight and you've been that way for a while, you can't really know how much you should weigh, and that's ok! This is pretty much the only thing BMI is useful for, is giving you a goal to reach for when you're starting out.

You can and should modify this goal as you go along! I was in the same position as you when I started, so I set my first goal in the dead center of "normal weight" according to my BMI. Later on I found out that for whatever reason (bigger frame, bigger muscles, just being a generally dense person? ha) it's right for me to be a little heavier than "normal." And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

I'm worried that if you set your goal closer to the "underweight" side of things, you're going to set yourself up for problems once you get closer to your goal. Might be that your body wants to be a little heavier than that. And it will tell you if that's what it wants, you'll know because you'll be blindly fighting like a madwoman to lose those last few pounds. It's not worth suffering just to reach an arbitrary goal. I hope this won't be the case! But do be careful of this when you get there. Best of luck!
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    5'10 gw 148

current weight 165.

I actually look good at this weight but just wanna see how far I can go. Want to reveal more muscle. We will see. If I don't like ill have fun eating my way back up. Then maybe ill eat more to build more muscle and not feel uncomfortable doing it. Lol
  • vivelle90
    vivelle90 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and I'd like to weigh around 125-130, currently around 145-150. I was "skinny fat" at 122 (my smallest) and apparently I looked sickly. So I'm looking to replace fat with muscle, and we'll see where I end up.

Oh my goodness we're so similar. I'm 5'6.5" and started at 137, now 132 and would like to be 125-130lbs. I looked skeletal skinny fat (skinny without a nice stomach) at low 120s as well. Can't wait to tone up!
  • MrsPaulSmith
    MrsPaulSmith Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    5'9" Goal weight - 140ish.
  • Crimson_Fire
    Crimson_Fire Posts: 2,504 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5
    GW: 130-135ish
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    5'8, GW: 128?
  • bjg2993
    bjg2993 Posts: 107
    Options
    5'7.5", currently around 140lbs, aiming for between 133-135lbs which is the weight I have been happiest at. I might not even get that far though, and I'm pretty good with myself at the moment - finally fitting into the UK size 10 clothes I've had stored away for two years :)
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2". I can't comfortably keep my weight below 115 lbs. I don't look good any thinner.
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 1/2. Anything under 140 is too thin for me.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and pretty happy right now with my weight at 190 but I definitely don't want to stop losing until 170-ish and then reevaluate. I can't imagine my end goal being lower than 150. Probably in the 160s or 170s.

(just for reference I am 37, was 5'8 and 180-185 lb at age 14 and very pleased with that...was WELL over 200 lb from age 16-36)
  • JenniCali1000
    JenniCali1000 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and am currently 128. I do not currently have a goal of losing more weight, but instead am working on getting my BF down and building muscle. I figure a few more pounds will come off in the process.
  • cecesmiles
    Options
    5'8
    goal 140-150 :)
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    I'm about 6'1" and my end goal weight is 215lbs. I'm not seeking the Skeletor look.
  • 75barbie
    75barbie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Im 5'5" 135 now and my goal is 125. Any lighter than that and I look sick.
  • yourfitnessenemy
    yourfitnessenemy Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    5'2'; whatever weight gives me a flat stomach (right now I'm thinking around 100).
  • Ryan_Reborn
    Options
    6'1 and my goal weight is 190.

I'm @ 215lbs. 25 to gooooo. ez peez
  • Rainboots80
    Rainboots80 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and my goal weight is 140