Halfway!

Options
Hello! I wanted to share my story because I love reading success stories from people. :) I have been significantly overweight for almost a decade. I gained weight during grad school because of stress and lack of time, then more weight dealing with infertility/miscarriage stress, then more weight having 3 babies. I am 31 and have tried multiple times to lose weight in the past few years, but I never make it more than a couple weeks before I quit and go back to my old bad habits (mostly way over-eating). I joined MFP last spring and started out strong, lost a few pounds, but then got derailed after a weekend vacation and quit again.

I started logging my food again on January 5th so it's been almost exactly 3 months. Usually I change everything really quickly all at once, but this time I was much more laid-back about it. I wasn't even particularly motivated! Just figured I would see what happened.

I started out at approximately 210 pounds at 5'2", so significantly overweight for my height. I was wearing a size 18. I had no energy for my kids and was mortified every time I saw a picture of myself. I can't believe that was only 3 months ago?!?!

Currently I weigh a little over 180, halfway to my goal of 150 (though once I reach that I may want to lose more). I have lost 3.5 inches around my bust, 4.5 inches around my waist, and a whopping 6 inches around my hips! I've gone from a size 17/18 jeans to a size 11/12 jeans. I know I still have a ways to go, but I feel so encouraged with the quick progress I've made.

Below are "before" and "during" pictures. The first picture, someone snapped of me while on vacation over Christmas. I almost instantly deleted the photo but for some reason stopped myself. I couldn't believe how awful I looked. I also can't believe I'm posting it on the internet, lol. The second picture I took today while in a dressing room trying on jeans that fit, that I never thought would fit. For the first time in years, I didn't see a fat person looking back at me in the mirror.

halfway_zps80ca1154.jpg

What I have done:
1. Exercise! I work out 5 days a week at home doing mostly fitness blender exercises on youtube, though I also do yoga once a week and run on the treadmill sometimes. I haven't been in such good shape in a really long time!

2. Eat chocolate! Ok yes I eat healthy too, but I indulge in a significant amount of chocolate EVERY day. And not just like 4 m&ms or something. ;) This is the first time I've ever done that before, and I swear it's one of the things that has allowed me to keep this up for longer than 2 weeks. Usually I feel like I have to cut ALL of that out.

3. Weigh my food. At first it seemed a bit obsessive, but I was surprised to find out how easy it really is and how much more accurate.

4. Cut out processed stuff. Yes, we still occasionally eat at McDonalds or buy frozen corn dogs, but the majority of our meals are made from scratch. Partly because of my weight loss, and hubby's blood pressure. It is more work but worth the effort.

So thanks for letting me share my story! Like I said, I still have a ways to go but it really is therapeutic to type it all out and think about how far I've come!

Edited because I can't figure out how to get the picture to show up! Grr!

Replies

• valente347
    valente347 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Wow! It looks like you lost way more than 30 lbs!
  • LexiBlack12
    LexiBlack12 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    This is amazing!!! Keep up the great work! :)
  • danilee1020
    danilee1020 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    major difference, inspiring. Thank you for sharing. You carry your weight well, wish I had your butt. :)
  • michelle_816
    michelle_816 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Great job! And I agree, it definitely looks like you've lost more weight!
  • LittleMissFit83
    Options
    Wow, great progress! I completely agree with all these tactics. :)

It's especially important not to deprive yourself of your favourite foods, in my opinion.

Good luck with the rest of your weight loss! :flowerforyou:
  • VastBreak
    VastBreak Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Your progress is fabulous!! My inspiration of the night!
  • SharonNehring
    SharonNehring Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    WTG! You look fabulous!
  • jennifer_a00
    jennifer_a00 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Well done! You look great, keep up the good work!
  • Juggernaut_D
    Juggernaut_D Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    You're doing amazing!! Keep it up! You Rock!!
  • WallyH4EverVersion
    WallyH4EverVersion Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Wow , you look fantastic! :smile: Great job in losing the weight and in your realistic and practical attitude towards how to lose weigh and keep it off !

Keep it up, you are on your way to reach all your goals! :bigsmile:
  • claudineer
    claudineer Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    So proud of you. You are kicking *kitten* and taking names. You look great!
  • pkoll
    pkoll Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    The difference in your 2 pictures is very noticeable! Take it easy enough so you can maintain the loss. You are on your way!
  • ballito
    ballito Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Great work.
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress......well done!
  • nialcun93
    nialcun93 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You sound so positive and extremely proud of yourself. Keep up the great work; it's working for you and you look fab x
  • wendyg311
    wendyg311 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    YAY!! It does look like more than 30 lbs. Good for you!
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    good job!
  • texasfarmer
    texasfarmer Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Great job. Keep it up!
  • Anniebotnen
    Anniebotnen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Fabulous! You look great!
  • Empressmee
    Empressmee Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Good job! You look great keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!