WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2014

Options
1616263646567»

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,202 Member
    Options
    Forgot to say earlier Vicki, congrats on the weight loss milestone!:flowerforyou: You are a real inspiration in so many ways.:flowerforyou: :heart:

Heather UK
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,749 Member
    Options
    "Heather, I hope you feel better soon! Your menu sounds yummy. It always interests me to read about what you cook because some of it is so very European and, therefore, exotic."
    [/quote]

Ditto!
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    My 2 cents worth of calling people at work. I let all my family know that when Mom is at work she is paid good money to work, not talk on the phone. If I were working the evening shift I would generally call when on break and check on the family but it had to be a true emergency for some one to call me at work. I imagine it must be very difficult now that you can just text a person. There must be a lot of texts from kids telling Mom that little brother or sister did so and so to them. Our nursing unit was quite large and had many places that a person could go and talk, text or anything and no one would know.

My story on meeting and marrying my husband. We started orientation tog ether at the hospital on Nov 19 so that's where we met. We talked off and on after that. I saw him in the coffee shop one day and he didn't have a check from the waitress at the check out so I asked him what he was doing in line. He told me he was going to get a package of gum. I told I had a package and to come up and I'll give you a piece. Yes, the old classic line of which I had no idea I said it until it was out of my mouth! So he came up to get a piece and asked for my phone number and also asked me out for that evening. So we went out on Feb 18th for our first date. That night he asked me out for the next night but I already had a date with some one else. This other guy had a motorcycle and was exciting to ride!!!! But I knew I didn't want to see that guy again after my first date with Charlie. So we agreed on the day after. We were engaged in May, and married in September of the same year. That was going on 42 years ago.

Allison please be kind to yourself. You have had quite a full plate, even overflowing at times. You deserve a good pity day. Just get up, brush yourself off and get back on the healthy diet train.

Speaking of husbands, he brought me a bouquet today after his walk. It was of dandelions and he said to blame it on Hallmark!!!! The only other flowers he has ever given me was when our first child was born. It was a cactus:noway: He said he liked it because of the pot it was in. It is still on his dresser and he keeps keys and whatever in it.

Joyce, Indiana
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, just saying goodnight. :yawn:

I had an active day, which meant I could eat a lot. :bigsmile:

Thinking of all who have worries, and all who have something to celebrate.

Cynthia :flowerforyou:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Be watching for the new thread for May.....it will be posted at my bedtime:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: about 7PM Pacific Daylight Time

:heart: Barbie from beautiful NW Washington where it is too nice to be spending time indoors on the computer
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Good Eve everyone. Nice to see a lot on newcomers,welcome ! Weather was stormy the 1 st of the wk,but not really bad like too many ppl have gone thru.We have friends in a lot of states from when we traveled full time & always worry when storms hit.
    We saw results of a tornado in Ks & Hope to never see that again.

We drove to my dentist in the town we moved from.He is retiring ...was so good to see him.He'd been our dentist for 40 yrs, since he was just starting out.
    Fri we are going back to that town again....so I can get a second opinion from my eye Dr. It's 120 miles rd trip,so makes for a long day. DD is going with us. It's her hometown......she wants to see the house we sold,say hello to a couple neighbors etc.

Went to a beauty school for a perm. The girl & her teacher said I needed a good haircut shaped to my head,no perm.They spent nearly an hr,using small scissors . They did a great job,will be going there for trims.

Alison,maybe your body is just worn out & needs time to rest,before you kick in gear again.

Carol,your quiet times on the beach sounds wonderful & so relaxing :flowerforyou:

I'm off to read a bit before bedtime. Pat in Ohio
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Here is the link to the new thread for May.......I hope to see all you there soon.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1272481-women-ages-50-for-may-2014
  • terewilliams
    terewilliams Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I' ve had a crappy day!:noway: :sad:

Long meeting this morning - I was on my feet with a microphone running around a gymnasium full of people for 2 hours. The car broke its wheel bearings or axle - it doesn't matter which either has a hefty price tag! So that is at least 2 three day vacation road trips out the window if I don't end up buying a new car!:mad: Since I had to leave work early to see about the car I left all my notes for my reply on my computer there!:sad: I'll post them tomorrow!Rather than finding myself a dozen of doughnuts :wink: which I would have done in the past I took Sorm for a long meandering walk and started cleaning the house so a couple of weekend chores got taken care of.

Hope your day was better.:flowerforyou: HAPPY MAY DAY!

Tere
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options