From 237 pounds to 126 pounds w/ pics

jessmar123
jessmar123 Posts: 12 Member
This is a long post.. scroll down if you just want to see my pics.

I’ve been using MFP everyday since July 2013 and what a tremendous blessing this site has been in my weight loss journey. I made the decision to really care about my health and weight after I had my first child in May 2013. I am 25 yrs old and I am 5’7”. I weighed 237 in May 2013 I was able to lose 35 pounds before starting MFP. So I started MFP at 202 and I am down to 126. I have never felt so amazing in my life. For once in my life I’m not afraid to look in the mirror. I’m in a healthy weight range and I have so much more energy then ever before. It makes me so happy to have the energy to play with my son and be able to create a healthy lifestyle for my family. I have tried several times to lose weight before but I have always just given up after a couple of weeks. This time around was different because it wasn’t a “diet” it is a lifestyle change. I eat what ever I want. YES you read that correctly I EAT WHAT EVER I WANT! Just in moderation! Moderation is the key to success! You don’t have to give up on all the great foods you love. I knew that If I wanted to change for a lifetime that I would have to make decisions that were doable for a lifetime..I knew that if I deprived myself from chocolate or any other foods that I love I would give up. So I decided to keep track of everything i ate using MFP and I also exercise 5x a week doing intense cardio and 3x a week I lift weights. I also weigh every single thing that goes into my mouth. I eat clean majority of the time but If I want a slice of pie or some other snack I make sure it is a small piece and that it fits into my macros for the day. I love this lifestyle change of eating habits and so glad to be where I am at today..I'm still a work in progress and still have a long ways to go with toning up but I wanted to share my story to help encourage others on their weight loss journey.

may 2013- 237 pounds

100_5063_zps5f0dc5ce.jpg[/URL]

100_5053_zps0f6a9163.jpg[/URL]

Feb 2014-126 pounds
IMG_0813_zpseb1c7b99.jpg[/URL]

IMG_0263_zpse838276e.jpg[/URL]

IMG_0212_zps2e6ad027.jpg[/URL]

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!