Potato Famine

Options
Potato Famine

I am desperately hoping you good people can help me.

A few months ago my wife joined this fitness buddy site here. She thinks she needs to lose weight. I don't see it, but I try to support her. Women and their weight loss. Sheeesh.

But ever since then, I haven't had a decent meal to eat.

First it was the juicing. Then the neanderthal diet thing. Then the post-modern veganism. And the clam juice cleansing.

Now, she has decreed we're never going to have potatoes again. For Pete's sake! NOT MY POTATOES!!!

Where on here is she getting these ideas? Is everyone on here like this? WHAT'S NEXT????????

All I want is my potatoes.

i just want potatoes

Replies

• ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    Not everyone here is all about fad diets. You can find some balance and moderation. Just talk with her.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Sending a friends request. lol.
  • Mady1911
    Mady1911 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    You better start cooking for yourself if you don't like what she's having!
  • Sad_Grandpa
    Sad_Grandpa Posts: 129
    Options

I don't cook.

Last time I tried cooking, I nearly burned down the house.

• PatsyFitzpatrick
    PatsyFitzpatrick Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Geez.you can make potatos in the microwave. Bake them in the oven. You do no how to operate these appliances. Cook them for yourself. Then she will not be responsible for your pouting. My husband has his angry eyes on just like Mr Potato Head when he does not like my new diet menu. So he cook :) No worries. :wink:
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

I don't cook.

Last time I tried cooking, I nearly burned down the house.

Tie a ballon to her. Seriously, no one touches my potatoes.
  • V0lver
    V0lver Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Do you even Cauliflower?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    And the clam juice cleansing.

:laugh: :blushing:
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    tumblr_myssd3jFnh1s6krrko1_500.gif
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    Does she think you need to lose weight?
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    I'm offended by your use of the term "potato famine." To make light of such a historical tragedy by comparing your lack of French fries to mass starvation is inexcusable and reprehensible behavior. I think you should engage in a few days of quiet self reflection and perhaps sign up for sensitivity training. Humor has no place in this day and age. Shame on you.
  • Mady1911
    Mady1911 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Don't see why she would cut them out, they're aprox 78 cal/100g...if you boil, mash or bake them I don't see why not have them, they're ok and fill you up. I'm having potatoes a couple of times a week, also bread, rice...they are my favourites.

Grandpa, as to your cooking skills, no one's been born knowing how to cook...get a decent home/contents insurance and give it a go. I don't know anyone who's cooking and hasn't burnt the pan at least once in their life. On the other hand, I kinda feel for you! I started MFP last year in August but if the planned meal was no good for me, I'd prepare myself something different without putting pressure on my family to eat what I eat. True, now they've changed to...but it was gradually done and by their choice only.

Ta-da and good luck!
  • GillianMcK
    GillianMcK Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    April Fools!!!!
  • Sad_Grandpa
    Options
    Geez.you can make potatos in the microwave. Bake them in the oven. You do no how to operate these appliances. Cook them for yourself. Then she will not be responsible for your pouting. My husband has his angry eyes on just like Mr Potato Head when he does not like my new diet menu. So he cook :) No worries. :wink:

I cookef potatoes in the microwave once. They exploded like a grenade. Apparently, you have to stick a fork in them first. But tKe it out before starting the microwave. Cause that's bad too...
  • Sad_Grandpa
    Options
    Do you even Cauliflower?

Nope. Cauliflower I can't stand.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    you could tell her that there's archaeological evidence for neanderthals eating root vegetables

not potatoes specifically as they're from the Americas, but you don't have to mention that....
  • Sad_Grandpa
    Options
    you could tell her that there's archaeological evidence for neanderthals eating root vegetables

not potatoes specifically as they're from the Americas, but you don't have to mention that....

I'll try anything. Be right back.
  • Sad_Grandpa
    Options

I'll try anything. Be right back.

No go. She's not sciency. I get clamato juice for breakfast.

Who invented that stuff?!?!
  • joolywooly33
    joolywooly33 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Very inventive April Fool...actually creating a profile :huh:
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Do you even Cauliflower?

Nope. Cauliflower I can't stand.

Maybe try sweet potatoes she might agree to eat them?