From 25k to couch potato... Training suggestions?

Options
MireyGal76
MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
Hi.

I'm really active, running pretty much every day, and averaging about 25k a week.

But I'm tired of the attention. I seem to have developed a thigh gap in the process too.

Does anyone know... If I stop running, and just sat on the couch all day, how long it would take to get rid of that pesky thigh gap?

Is it dangerous to just go straight to couch potato status, or should I follow some sort of weaning off exercise process?

Has anyone done this before?

What worked for you?

And do I need to eat potato chips too?

Replies

• fayefayee5
    fayefayee5 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    funny april fools :D

Oh and I peeked at your diary and have to say I LOVE your food time names. gave me a good giggle :D
  • Marcia315
    Marcia315 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Potato chips are insufficient in this situation. You need the cheesecake cleanse. Send me $99 and I'll tell you all about it.
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,462 Member
    Options
    Just keep swimming.
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    Potato chips are insufficient in this situation. You need the cheesecake cleanse. Send me $99 and I'll tell you all about it.

OMG! SO IN! do you take paypal?
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    Just keep swimming.

Wont swimming do the same thing? All the Olympic swimmers I see are so lean. I'm sure that if I start swimming, I'd be worse off!

Why aren't you helping me?
  • Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    Options
    Just keep swimming.

Wont swimming do the same thing? All the Olympic swimmers I see are so lean. I'm sure that if I start swimming, I'd be worse off!

I'm sorry no one is helping you with your journey. I've found that the people on this site are so mean!
  • Marcia315
    Marcia315 Posts: 460 Member
    Options

OMG! SO IN! do you take paypal?

Just send me your credit card. I'll make it easy for you. I'm a giver
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    Just keep swimming.

Maybe you could swim in a big vat of lovely heated oil? I have one simmering over here. :love:
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    Just keep swimming.

I'm sorry no one is helping you with your journey. I've found that the people on this site are so mean!

Thank you! :smooched:

FR SENT!
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    It can be expensive if you don't have Netflix or HBO or Showtime.

First, you need box sets of Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, and that silly fairy tale show set in Maine. All the seasons. And go ahead and get Netflix because there's a ton of stuff on there that will help you in your journey as well.

The diet is strict. You need to make sure your phone and laptop are handy, that you have a good delivery service like Grub Hub so you can order efficiently. There's generally a place that will deliver french fries, so put that place in your favorites so you don't burn extra calories searching for it each time you log on.

You're going to have to get up to answer the door when the delivery guy comes, so please make sure you log every single calorie you burn. If you get up to go to the bathroom, log those calories as well.

I recommend also that you get a cooler and keep it beside you completely full of Diet Coke. If it holds at least 24, that will save you a lot of headache down the road.
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    Just keep swimming.

Maybe you could swim in a big vat of lovely heated oil? I have one simmering over here. :love:

It's that like a new fangled type of hot tub?

Will that make me fat?
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    It can be expensive if you don't have Netflix or HBO or Showtime.

First, you need box sets of Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, and that silly fairy tale show set in Maine. All the seasons. And go ahead and get Netflix because there's a ton of stuff on there that will help you in your journey as well.

The diet is strict. You need to make sure your phone and laptop are handy, that you have a good delivery service like Grub Hub so you can order efficiently. There's generally a place that will deliver french fries, so put that place in your favorites so you don't burn extra calories searching for it each time you log on.

You're going to have to get up to answer the door when the delivery guy comes, so please make sure you log every single calorie you burn. If you get up to go to the bathroom, log those calories as well.

I recommend also that you get a cooler and keep it beside you completely full of Diet Coke. If it holds at least 24, that will save you a lot of headache down the road.

This is fantastic!

My only problem is that I get scared easy, especially of zombies. And won't the fear of an apocalypse make me want to start running again?

Should I maybe watch my little pony reruns instead?
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,051 Member
    Options
    I am sorry to tell you but it is all about genetics. Your bones are obviously small so you are damned to a lifetime of fitness and thigh gap.
  • delmauriac
    delmauriac Posts: 52 Member
    Options

This is fantastic!

My only problem is that I get scared easy, especially of zombies. And won't the fear of an apocalypse make me want to start running again?

No, just find films like "Sniper" or similar where you can learn how to stay very inactive and pick off zombies at a distance using a high power rifle and minimal effort.
  • MireyGal76
    Options

This is fantastic!

No, just find films like "Sniper" or similar where you can learn how to stay very inactive and pick off zombies at a distance using a high power rifle and minimal effort.

I live in Canada. We're not allowed to have guns without a license. :sad:
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    Just keep swimming.

It's that like a new fangled type of hot tub?

Will that make me fat?

Okay, yes, it is like a hot tub. No, it will not make you fat. It's a healthy oil and you will be joined by Mr. Onion & Ms. Green Pepper.
  • delmauriac
    delmauriac Posts: 52 Member
    Options

I live in the UK. We're not allowed to have a TV without a licence ...
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    I am sorry to tell you but it is all about genetics. Your bones are obviously small so you are damned to a lifetime of fitness and thigh gap.

No! I didn't always have a thigh gap! Please tell me you are mistaken!

Did running make me small boned too?
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    the hardest part is actually getting to the couch. ive found if you have the will power to sit down, you will be ride it out. after a while, you will begin to enjoy it and before you know it you will be slouching and even taking the occasional nap.

form is important too. your fingers need to support the remote and you press the buttons with your thumb. ive seen people holding it with one and and pressing the buttons with their index finger. i recommend using individual remotes too. universal remotes can be good but you cant achieve true lazyness if you give yourself the chance to have the remote you need out of reach and then NOT get up to get it.

if you really want to go for endurance, keep a smartphone, tablet or laptop handy with either a mobile data or wifi network within range. also, if you are going to be sitting for more than 1 hour at a time, you will need to ensure you have proper hydration and sustenance. usually a bag of chips and large bottle of soda will be enough.

good luck with your journey.
  • MireyGal76
    Options

I live in the UK. We're not allowed to have a TV without a licence ...

Whoa

That's just... Crazy