From 25k to couch potato... Training suggestions?

Options

Replies

• MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    the hardest part is actually getting to the couch. ive found if you have the will power to sit down, you will be ride it out. after a while, you will begin to enjoy it and before you know it you will be slouching and even taking the occasional nap.

form is important too. your fingers need to support the remote and you press the buttons with your thumb. ive seen people holding it with one and and pressing the buttons with their index finger. i recommend using individual remotes too. universal remotes can be good but you cant achieve true lazyness if you give yourself the chance to have the remote you need out of reach and then NOT get up to get it.

if you really want to go for endurance, keep a smartphone, tablet or laptop handy with either a mobile data or wifi network within range. also, if you are going to be sitting for more than 1 hour at a time, you will need to ensure you have proper hydration and sustenance. usually a bag of chips and large bottle of soda will be enough.

good luck with your journey.

I never thought about the remote thing! Good idea!

Oh, a nap sounds great... I can feel it working already!
  • mizvandyk_82
    Options
    My suggestion would be to start with Netflix. If you dont already have a high powered blender, start shopping for one..not for protein shakes but for thick thick milk shakes daily!!
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    My suggestion would be to start with Netflix. If you dont already have a high powered blender, start shopping for one..not for protein shakes but for thick thick milk shakes daily!!

Do they sell blenders on the home shopping channel?
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    home shopping channel is not for beginners. start with ebay or craigslist. if you go straight to home shopping you might strain your credit card.
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    home shopping channel is not for beginners. start with ebay or craigslist. if you go straight to home shopping you might strain your credit card.

Oh... Good call. Thank you!
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Kijiji is good as well. There's always lots of DVDs and other items to help you become a couch potato there.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    vhdl53.png
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Are you making a group?
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options

You're going to have to get up to answer the door when the delivery guy comes, so please make sure you log every single calorie you burn. If you get up to go to the bathroom, log those calories as well.

This is so not the case... a sign on the door indicating the delivery guy should "Just Come In to Avoid Waking Sleeping Child" (or add whatever reason you want) will save you fron having to get up. And, for added validity -- a doll with a blanket (either on your person on just on the couch beside you) will ensure they will come straight to the couch and drop off the items so you don't have to get up waking said child. :flowerforyou:

ETA: I was going to edit the typos, but that required too much typing. Instead I typed this to let you know why I edited (or didn't edit....)
  • MireyGal76
    Options

You're going to have to get up to answer the door when the delivery guy comes, so please make sure you log every single calorie you burn. If you get up to go to the bathroom, log those calories as well.

This is so not the case... a sign on the door indicating the delivery guy should "Just Come In to Avoid Waking Sleeping Child" (or add whatever reason you want) will save you fron having to get up. And, for added validity -- a doll with a blanket (either on your person on just on the couch beside you) will ensure they will come straight to the couch and drop off the items so you don't have to get up waking said child. :flowerforyou:

ETA: I was going to edit the typos, but that required too much typing. Instead I typed this to let you know why I edited (or didn't edit....)

Classic! And if I make the sign out of crayon... Even more legit!
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I would also suggest the following:

* Artificial sweetners
    * Fast food delivery from each visitor, preferably alternating between McD, BK, and Wendy's as these are non-delivering establishments you'd have trouble getting otherwise
    * Carbohydrates in multiple form, excluding vegetables, as these are known to be thigh gap producers
    * Fruits -- the sugar in them is bound to put you well over your sugar allowance each day
    * Diet Sodas, lots of them. They'll either make you fat again, or they'll kill you. Whatevs....
    * You'll want to eliminate the pets/children/husband from your home. Just pack them up and move them out. They cannot be trusted to assist and refrain from eating all the wonderful goodness you'll need to be successful. And, you cannot be trusted to go cold turkey and stop getting up to help them.

Best of luck - Seriously, I believe in you :smooched:
  • Frood42
    Frood42 Posts: 245 Member
    Options

I live in the UK. We're not allowed to have a TV without a licence ...

Incorrect, and under what circumstances you need one is clearly described on their website.

"You need to be covered by a valid TV Licence if you watch or record TV as it's being broadcast. This includes the use of devices such as a computer, laptop, mobile phone or DVD/video recorder."

http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one/

So you can use, say, BBC iPlayer without a license as long as you download the programmes after they have been broadcast.

You cannot watch the broadcast/live feeds via BBC iPlayer without a licence, and if it is your first time using the site it will specifically ask if you have a licence when trying to watch the broadcast/live feeds (or if you have not watched them over a certain time frame, cannot remember the time frame though).
  • MireyGal76
    Options

I live in the UK. We're not allowed to have a TV without a licence ...

Incorrect, and under what circumstances you need one is clearly described on their website.

"You need to be covered by a valid TV Licence if you watch or record TV as it's being broadcast. This includes the use of devices such as a computer, laptop, mobile phone or DVD/video recorder."

http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one/

So you can use, say, BBC iPlayer without a license as long as you download the programmes after they have been broadcast.

You cannot watch the broadcast/live feeds via BBC iPlayer without a licence, and if it is your first time using the site it will specifically ask if you have a licence when trying to watch the broadcast/live feeds (or if you have not watched them over a certain time frame, cannot remember the time frame though).

Ok... Double Whoa.

I am so glad I live in Canadia!
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    I would also suggest the following:

* Artificial sweetners
    * Fast food delivery from each visitor, preferably alternating between McD, BK, and Wendy's as these are non-delivering establishments you'd have trouble getting otherwise
    * Carbohydrates in multiple form, excluding vegetables, as these are known to be thigh gap producers
    * Fruits -- the sugar in them is bound to put you well over your sugar allowance each day
    * Diet Sodas, lots of them. They'll either make you fat again, or they'll kill you. Whatevs....
    * You'll want to eliminate the pets/children/husband from your home. Just pack them up and move them out. They cannot be trusted to assist and refrain from eating all the wonderful goodness you'll need to be successful. And, you cannot be trusted to go cold turkey and stop getting up to help them.

Best of luck - Seriously, I believe in you :smooched:

You are the best and most supportive person here!
    *bursts into happy tears*
  • in4nomz
    in4nomz Posts: 230
    Options
    1) Go to the store.
    2) Buy all the Little Debbie products
    3) Eat all the Little Debbie products
    4) Watch the dreaded thigh gap vanish into something more...voluptuous.
  • mizvandyk_82
    Options

^THIS be careful with HSN. ..ease into it maybe starting at 15-20 minutes a day then work up from there
  • Marcia315
    Marcia315 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I am sorry to tell you but it is all about genetics. Your bones are obviously small so you are damned to a lifetime of fitness and thigh gap.

No! I didn't always have a thigh gap! Please tell me you are mistaken!

Did running make me small boned too?

No, it made you bulky. Sorry, men no longer like you.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    A full bag of chips errday will help.

Poutine though - that's how I got rid of my thigh gap
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    All these suggestions are FLABULOUS!!!

Thank you so much!

SEE! I knew MFP was a supportive place to be!

:flowerforyou: