I seriously need some good advice, not bs criticism please!

Options

Replies

• Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    My question is, what are you eating? Sugar turns directly to fat.. almost every processed food has sugar in it. I would try to avoid sugar the best you can. Remember that carbs turn to sugar as well. Good luck

<<<<19% body fat on this 45 year old woman would disagree with this statement. Besides its just silly. Please take the free nutrition class at https://www.coursera.org/
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    My question is, what are you eating? Sugar turns directly to fat.. almost every processed food has sugar in it. I would try to avoid sugar the best you can. Remember that carbs turn to sugar as well. Good luck

Wrong. As long as you eat in a deficit, it doesn't matter what you eat. You will lose weight. Eat smart in a deficit, do some cardio and lift weight and you will lose fat.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I eat well and do cardio and lifting and am at 16% body fat. My diary is open, feel free to look it over if you'd like. You can't spot lose fat, you just have to put in the time and stick with your calorie deficit and stick with your cardio and weights.
  • Anniebotnen
    Anniebotnen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I saw virtually no fruit (except a few apple slices) or any vegetables except the occasional potato when I looked at your diary. As others have said, adjusting your calories to lose slowly would probably be your best approach. One way to lower your calorie intake would be to replace some of the bread you are eating with fresh vegetables and a little fruit. They are loaded with vitamins and minerals and the fiber helps you feel full!
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    It's all about that caloric deficit and patience. Keep your lifting up. Don't be afraid to use cardio as a tool. As opposed to some on here who preach, it ain't gonna come close to eating your muscles away unless you are running for hours and hours on end. Find your true caloric maintenance level (not what some website told you it was, they are only as accurate as they can be) and net 500-700 below it. You will get there soon enough.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    It's all about that caloric deficit and patience. Keep your lifting up. Don't be afraid to use cardio as a tool. As opposed to some on here who preach, it ain't gonna come close to eating your muscles away unless you are running for hours and hours on end. Find your true caloric maintenance level (not what some website told you it was, they are only as accurate as they can be) and net 500-700 below it. You will get there soon enough.

This. As you get closer to goal, you can lose at a slower rate. Realistically, you will see abs when you get to around 17-19% body fat. That's when mine pop out. And even then, some women only see them in the morning or when glycogen is depleted.
  • Pattyrobbins
    Options
    I'm wondering if maybe the fat around the middle is stress induced? I'm just finishing nursing school and understand that every time we feel stress the hormone cortisol is secreted from the adrenal glands. If it is not used for energy shortly after it's released, it is stored on our waist as fat. The body does not know the difference between good stress and bad, so it doesn't matter if your stress is from worry or from hitting the lottery-either way-use it or store it. Also, our body's favorite source for energy are carbohydrates, it's what your brain uses to run best and it will always be the 1st source the body uses for fuel. Therefore, if you have a bunch stored, or from a recent meal, you will not burn fat. Period. We only burn fat once the carbs are depleted. I am not advocating eliminating carbs, but if your diet is carb HEAVY and you don't burn them, they land on the waist.
  • mereditheve
    mereditheve Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    First, your calorie intake is higher than it should be. Increase your protein and fiber intake and reduce your sugar intake so you don't feel as hungry since you say that any fewer calories and you feel like you're "starving." What you appear to be eating are calorie-dense foods; if you opt for lower calorie, higher volume, you will still feel full without adding unnecessary calories.

Are you doing exercises to strengthen your core? While that does not reduce belly fat significantly, it does help with posture which can make you look leaner. As a previous poster said, you can't spot reduce fat -- you'll lose it wherever your body decides it wants to lose it. Where you carry weight is largely genetic.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Just for reference to those saying she is eating too much at 2800-3000
    I lose on 2400-2800, and I am 135Ibs, so different strokes for different folks and all that.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Also, our body's favorite source for energy are carbohydrates, it's what your brain uses to run best and it will always be the 1st source the body uses for fuel. Therefore, if you have a bunch stored, or from a recent meal, you will not burn fat. Period. We only burn fat once the carbs are depleted.

Continuing studying on the above comments - only 1 comment in there was kind of correct.

The rest is wrong.
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    Just for reference to those saying she is eating too much at 2800-3000
    I lose on 2400-2800, and I am 135Ibs, so different strokes for different folks and all that.

I'm your weight and no way in heck I would lose on 2400.
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    You do really eat a lot, and not many fruits or veggies. I would cut your cals by 200-300 for a few weeks and see if that helps.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    If you're using your HRM as your gauge, know that it will overestimate calories on strength routines. So you may be over consuming calories.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • loisfloyd
    Options
    Hi sneckerdoodle - cute name! I am just getting started so I certainly don't have any criticism! My friends who look fabulous and have very, very little fat anywhere do the Paleo diet and crossfit. I am going to a crossfit intro class myself this weekend and I am seriously overweight - but I have a positive attitude for the first time in years! :) I hope this was helpful. Blessings to you
  • TKhamvongsa
    TKhamvongsa Posts: 287
    Options
    Work on your calories in vs. calories out. You can't spot reduce so you'll have to lose fat by adjusting your diet.
  • sabsat1
    sabsat1 Posts: 2
    Options
    I just saw a commercial on the Tummy Tuck Belt. I ordered it. I have not received it yet. Also you might want to try Rasberry Ketones to help burn calories. The ketones have helped me. My doctor is changing my medications so I had to stop using them for two Months, but they really work. Look on Google for Doctor Oz Rasberry Keotone. I used Vital Mend.
  • Morgaath
    Morgaath Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    BENNYDOOR -- My question is, what are you eating? Sugar turns directly to fat.. almost every processed food has sugar in it. I would try to avoid sugar the best you can. Remember that carbs turn to sugar as well. Good luck

Please, provide me a link to a scientific study on that "Sugar turns directly to fat" concept. I would love to read it because it goes against everything nutritionist currently know about the human body.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I just saw a commercial on the Tummy Tuck Belt. I ordered it. I have not received it yet. Also you might want to try Rasberry Ketones to help burn calories. The ketones have helped me. My doctor is changing my medications so I had to stop using them for two Months, but they really work. Look on Google for Doctor Oz Rasberry Keotone. I used Vital Mend.

Hi there. I just wanted to tell you to not take the remarks to this post personal. Its going to get ugly.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    PSMF google it.
    Please don't do this without medical supervision.