5'0 ladies: how many calories do u eat

Options

Replies

• Star_1234
    Star_1234 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I eat between 1200 to 1350 cals a day to lose weight. Im 4ft 8. I was worried i was noy eating enough but it looks like im eating ok for my height range.
  • pinkachuu
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and 108lbs; maintained at my original goal of 110lbs eating at 1500. Currently working on losing the last few bonus pounds eating at 1400 and exercising, though I'm more focused on body composition now.

Being short and losing weight sucks tbh...10lbs really makes a world of difference on us.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    Being short and losing weight sucks tbh...10lbs really makes a world of difference on us.

QF mother f'en T
  • carinthea
    carinthea Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft (just, well actually 1cm below that but for the sake of argument!!!). I currently weigh 229 and oh boy is that hard (it wasn't hard to get to, medication and a sedentary lifestyle...) anyway, I am currently under the doctor and eat 1000kcal a day and struggle with that (not because I need more but because I fill my diet with veg and low-fat proteins and am stuffed). I am only in my second week back on MFP - find that now I am actually using it properly it's really motivating - but last week I lost 5lb, but as you can see from my start weight I have a LOT to lose...I know that later on I will put the calories up but right now I can't really exercise (reason I am under the doctor)...really pay when I do. I think that you have to listen to your body and hear what it is telling you.
  • adorable_aly
    adorable_aly Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I'm 4"11 and 116lbs, I eat 1400 a day and don't eat exercise calories, and have one day where I eat a few hundred cals more. I can lose on 1200, but I was too hungry and tired, so I bumped it up. To be fair I'm working on dropping body fat and weight train 6 days a week, and do cardio on top. I am not sure how much I'm losing per week yet because I only recently changed it, but even if it takes longer eating more, I can be more consistent, which is what will get results in the end.
  • Star_1234
    Star_1234 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Im looking to be friends with petite ladies like myself for support and motivation so please add. X
  • Jlmervin03
    Jlmervin03 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and 150 lbs, I eat 1400 calories a day, and eat about 50% of my excercise calories. Still losing weight.
  • Blokeypoo
    Blokeypoo Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2.5 and lost 28lbs on 1400 cals a day. I was using Biggest Loser site then so didn't eat cals back and I was exercising but nothing hard core. Been maintaining over a year now so it seems to have worked for me.
  • sola24
    sola24 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    5 ft tall and eating 1650 calories per day :) doing mild exercise like pilates and light walks so not logging my exercise calories and not eating it. still losing around 0.25lbs per week
  • ninav1980
    ninav1980 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    5'1 here, I eat about 1000-1200 and I try not to eat back my exersize calories.
  • gemmamummy
    gemmamummy Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11 and weigh 102lb and eat 1400 kcals a day, although I will have a few naughty overeating days here and there. Generally I don't weigh myself as I'm aiming to gain muscle, I just measure my waist/arms/hips once every couple if weeks. I work out 4 times a Week with a mixture of cardio, weight and now some insanity training chucked in for good measure. Don't stress about eating 1800, I was eating like that for a while n have found the old jeans getting a little tight so have reduced it to 1400.
  • Pmsylvester
    Pmsylvester Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    5' tall
    CW 154 lbs

<1200 calories day, don't eat exercise calories back

Also, I'm 52 years old. Can't drop weight like I used to.
    Very sedentary except for gym and dog walking.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft and one inch. For me it depends on the day. If I'm on a fasting day I'll do 500, that's twice a week. If I'm on a day off I try to only eat to maintenance (1840) and if it's a normal day I try and log about 1500.
    I don't eat back my exercise calories which is why I try to eat to maintenance on some days because I know I need the fuel.
  • ninja8tofu
    ninja8tofu Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and I weigh 148.8, 38 yo and currently I eat 1420+ about 85% of my exercise calories, which usually falls between 1800-2100 calories a day. I am aiming to lose .5 a week (I'm about 14lbs from goal). I lost more than that this last week, but I'm thinking I underestimated calorie burns or something.
  • amw5471
    amw5471 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    5'0 on the nose I eat between 1400-1600 calories a day and have been steadily losing.
  • rhenry086
    rhenry086 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've been eatin 1800 lately when I should be eating 1250 :blushing: so id like to know, how many calories other shorties like me eat :)

Usually around 2,000-2500. Should be under 1400, but I find I still lose weight, with all the exercise I do.
  • Asheea
    Asheea Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm another 5 footer. MFP had me at 1200 calories but that is just too little food for me. I've manually bumped it to 1400 and stay ether under it or hit 1500. With exercise calories I can go up to 1900 but the most I eat is 1500.
  • mldouty1
    mldouty1 Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and per this app, my calorie intake should be 1200. I haven't been using it for a while, so I haven't been keeping track, just came back on today. I would guess that normally I'm close to 1700, though. Which is why I need to keep track really closely - it's easy to lose count throughout the day!! I have read in many places that going under 1200 calories for anyone is not healthy, and also can be counterproductive to losing weight... Not sure if that is true.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    As of today, 2000. But I lift, so, there's that.
  • RozayJones
    RozayJones Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    It's all about trial and error for me - I was eating 1200 cals and it wasn't working - switched to 1400 which seems like way too much so I am changing again this time to 1300 eating back 1/2 of my exercise cals.....