Tired of being obese, depressed, need some buddies!!

Options

Replies

• twinsmom1117
    twinsmom1117 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have about 50lbs to lose and am also trying to make healthy lifestyle changes. Feel free to add me...I need all the ideas and support I can get as well :-)
  • DWW529
    DWW529 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well.
  • rubyred138
    rubyred138 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I too have struggled with my weight for years. Just start slow, even just doing 5 minutes of walking around is better than nothing. It will take time to build up to going longer. I am always looking for buddies for support & to support! feel free to add me :)
  • TwirleySlims
    Options
    Feel free to add me too, we are all aiming for the same thing......Calorieless food :D
  • kdillson70
    Options
    Exercise is the best anti-depressant....and it's FREE! Take the kids to the park, walk around the track for 30 minutes and you will burn about 130 calories. This is a lifestyle change so it wont happen over night, but taking one step at a time will do wonders for your attitude and depression. You can do this! Feel free to add me!
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    Congrats on taking the first step!
  • _Alicyn_
    _Alicyn_ Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have been there too!! I felt stuck in a rut and hopeless. Some days I felt like I could never win. I would be depressed about myself then just eat more. I had lost 60 pounds and recently gained back about 15 so I am on my journey again. Just think to yourself how far you would have came if you would have stuck to the first diet you ever started. Use that as your motivation :) also think SUMMER!! I know I'm sick of feeling bad about myself in even a tshirt and jeans. Make a plan, stick to your plan and always remember why you started in the first place. Make a motivation wall or jar. You can take two jars labled "pounds to lose" and "pounds lost" and put the amount of weight you want to lose in marbles in the pounds to lose jar and every time you lose a pound put one marble in the "pounds lost" jar.. this is a great motivation tool. Good luck and I wish you the best :)
  • jessiej99
    jessiej99 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Be tired no more, we can do this!!!!! Add me for support and good laughs as we win this battle.
  • PRguez
    PRguez Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I will add you I am looking for pals too so we can push (gently) & encourage each other.

:)
  • CaptainMilda
    CaptainMilda Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm bouncing up and down, reached my goal weight but gained over half of what I lost back due to an injury...

Feel free to add me
  • brookeokelly
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I love a good support system! Accountability helps SO much and it's nice to go through the journey with other people :)
  • snudgie
    snudgie Posts: 34
    Options
    Hi - I am a fellow newbie on this web site. Feel free to add me if you like, I am an obese gentleman of 44 who is trying to get healthy. It's a battle sometimes, so the more supporters the merrier! When I signed up I couldn't believe how many nice and supportive people there are in just one place. Good luck on the new lifestyle!
    Pascal
  • 86sarahb
    86sarahb Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, my diary is open for food ideas :smile:
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    hey all feel free to add..im here daily and am always happy to support
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I have been there too!! I felt stuck in a rut and hopeless. Some days I felt like I could never win. I would be depressed about myself then just eat more. I had lost 60 pounds and recently gained back about 15 so I am on my journey again. Just think to yourself how far you would have came if you would have stuck to the first diet you ever started. Use that as your motivation :) also think SUMMER!! I know I'm sick of feeling bad about myself in even a tshirt and jeans. Make a plan, stick to your plan and always remember why you started in the first place. Make a motivation wall or jar. You can take two jars labled "pounds to lose" and "pounds lost" and put the amount of weight you want to lose in marbles in the pounds to lose jar and every time you lose a pound put one marble in the "pounds lost" jar.. this is a great motivation tool. Good luck and I wish you the best :)

I love this idea with the marbles! What a great way to keep that in the front of your mind. I'm going to do this and put the jars on my dining room table for a constant reminder :)

OP - I have struggled with my weight since I started having kids (18 years ago). I'm an emotional eater and suffer from depression. This site has been wonderful for me to connect with others going through the same struggles and emotions. It's wonderful that you are reaching out to others. Feel free to add me as a friend.

If anyone else would like to add me, just send me a friend request. I'm vegan, but I have friends of all eating styles and I don't judge.
  • Chance535
    Chance535 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me also. I am older than you and have been overweight all my life. Good luck on your journey!
  • jenm0611
    jenm0611 Posts: 13
    Options
    Feel free to add me, the more encouragement the better. I have been fighting with my weight for years and I used to use my "busy" lifestyle as an excuse. I had two kids who were into everything, worked full time and took care of an elderly grandmother. Some of it is still true but the kids are both gone....should have a lot of free time but still making excuses. Time to own up and take responsibility.
  • mbarbuto116
    mbarbuto116 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, Sending a friend request. I need some help too.:smile:
  • SuMcP
    SuMcP Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I've been here for over 2 years and I'm not going anywhere - logging keeps me on track. Ping me a friend request if you like - you can do it :flowerforyou:
  • poohbah4
    poohbah4 Posts: 127
    Options
    The hardest part of this journey, at least in my opinion, is at the beginning. A person decides they need to lose a lot of weight (50 lb, 100 lb, 150 lb) and on their ticker all they see is that they've lost 5 lb or 10 lb, and the goal seems unattainable . . . so far away. And there's all these people whose tickers show they've lost 50 lb, 75 lb, even 200 lb. It is sooooo depressing, an impossible struggle. But if they persevere, one day their ticker shows that they've lost 36 lb (that's me right now), and soon it will show that they are half way to their goal, and then it's over the hump and downhill to the finish (if there ever IS a downhill in this struggle). And it occurs to them that even the people who have already lost 100 lbs once looked at a ticker with 10 lbs on it. So hang in there. We are all your buddies! :flowerforyou: