Making water more appealing

Options

Replies

• jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Freeze it then drop cubes of it into Jack & Coke.

That sounds like the best way to consume your water. Well, if you replace the Jack with a decent whiskey, anyway.
    This!
  • billbrendan
    Options
    Try 'True lime'. It's 100% natural cold pressed and crystallized for 0 calories.
  • Jenn842512
    Jenn842512 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Lemon and liquid agave!

Or, sometime I steep a cup of really strong herbal tea, something fruity like raspberry, and then dilute it into a big ol nygalene of ice water.
  • GingerLee13
    GingerLee13 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I do like water, but when I need a break True Lemon flavors like raspberry lemonade and peach lemonade aren't bad.
  • dt3312
    dt3312 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I like water better with ice.
    How about tea or iced tea (without any sweetener)? I drink a lot of tea.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    I hate water. It makes me nauseated. Does anyone have any suggestions for making water more appealing, other than the obvious lemon? Not interested in anything containing aspartame or other artificial sweeteners. Thanks! :)

I use MIO once in a while. It's not bad, but very chemically tasting. Just like a diet soda, but uses propelene glycol as a sweetener. You could always use lemon or lime and what-not. You can also make water from slushy ice and it's not as bad.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I hate water. It makes me nauseated. Does anyone have any suggestions for making water more appealing, other than the obvious lemon? Not interested in anything containing aspartame or other artificial sweeteners. Thanks! :)
    Get a water test. You might need a whole house filter, or a point of use filter for your drinking needs. Water shouldn't make you feel nauseated.

Exercise makes water more appealing.
  • QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Pinterest has a lot of water ideas, especially with fruit. My favorite is to put small pieces of fruit into the ice cube tray and freeze.
  • Kenazwa
    Kenazwa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Get a water filter. Your water shouldn't be so awful it makes you sick to your stomach.

I like slicing some fruit into my water. Strawberries in season are my absolutely favorite. I drink the water, then eat the strawberries (2 or 3).

Sparkling water is a nice change, too.

I like jasmine white tea a lot. The amount of caffeine in it is negligible. I count it as water.
  • Maleficent0241
    Maleficent0241 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I bought a soda stream and just stated carbonating all of my water and added lemon or just drinking it plain. Seriously, I HATE HATE HATE drinking plain water, but now I drink 5 L of the stuff a day!

LOVE the soda stream! I have one too, and drink lots of plain carbonated water. For regular water, I actually tend to get nauseous too if it's not cold enough - not sure if it's due to my GI disorder or what, but it needs to be ICE cold or carbonated for it to go down well for me.

Also, +1 to other fruits and veggies. Any citrus, cucumber, and mint seem to be the most popular, but you really could try anything and see how it turns out - the pomegranate seeds sound awesome! It seems like they would need to be crushed a little first in order to infuse anything into the water, but definitely worth a try.

Tea is a great option too - there are so many varieties out there! I always have at least 10-15 different kinds of tea in my house at any one time.
  • 40DayFit
    40DayFit Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Water is particularly appealing when poured into a curvy glass.

Something about those curves...
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    1. get over it
    2. I put lemon or lime in it and squeeze a few drops of liquid stevia in it and you have lemonade or limeade. (You can do this with any fruit really).
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Get a water filter. Your water shouldn't be so awful it makes you sick to your stomach.

This.

I only drink filtered water.
  • bethwr1
    bethwr1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I was on Spring Break recently at a Waldorf Astoria. They had water dispensers filled with different fruits just to give a hint of flavor. I loved the pineapple one the best!

You might also try sparkling water or club soda with a fresh strawberry or lime.
  • Frank_Just_Frank
    Frank_Just_Frank Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Why not eat watermelons and other watery foods? Its more nutritios than just drinking the water.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    add scotch.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Wow! I honestly thought I would get a bunch of "suck it up and just drink it" responses, lol. Thanks so much! I will try it all!

thats my response
  • votkuhr
    votkuhr Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I like infused water! The ones that I've loved so far are:

- Pineapple + mint
    - Raspberry + lime
    - Any sort of berries
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    make lemon water very tasty with a small bit of sugar because that unaturall kind is not healthy at all
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I saw this on another site. Put a lemon or lime slice in with your ice cube tray when you make it. The ice will not only keep your water cold but flavor your water. Now my husband uses this idea also. Hope this helps..