Making water more appealing

Options

Replies

• Nialuv24
    Nialuv24 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    There's a water I buy sometimes called Hint. It's naturally flavored w/fruit essence they have quite a few diff flavors. My favs are raspberry lime, blackberry, and watermelon. I've got it from Giant Eagles for $1.89 for a 16oz bottle.
  • acceber2287
    Options
    I love cucumbers or strawberries in the summer. Light and refreshing!
  • holliebevineau
    holliebevineau Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I make herbal tea and pour it over ice. Its very tasty. Especially the blueberry one that Walgreens makes.
  • holliebevineau
    holliebevineau Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    add scotch.

^^This too:drinker:
  • Getfit2lookgood
    Getfit2lookgood Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    lemon, lime, cucumber, mint and cranberries chopped up in a huge pitcher make water yummy. I usually refill the pitcher 3 times before throwing out these ingredients and making fresh. or u can chop these small and put in ice cube tray with water and freeze, use a couple ice cubes in your water, taste refreshing.

These are great ideas!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I use Mio...it tastes super good and it helps me drink lots of water.

Mio has artificial sweetener. She doesn't want that.

I've developed a sensitivity to artificial sweetener, and I hate the non taste of water too, so I end up drinking tons of unsweet tea.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Lipton brand has flavor packets---no aspartame as I do not consume it either!
    I am currently in love with the Lipton Green Tea and Honey with Mango Pineapple [flavor packets] YUM. I dislike water but I will drink 3 bottles of this stuff a day if I could :)

I'm going to have to find some of those. :)
  • skrlec70
    skrlec70 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    ugh me to bleuchhh! im trying to get down my first bottle now, ITS 639PM where I am LOLOL
    so much for my weigh in tomorrow, postponed until Monday morn lol
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Will be reading through this thread more later... used to be able to do fake sugar but my gut did something obnoxious last time I thought diet pop was a bright idea.
  • Tmm10910
    Tmm10910 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of unsweetened black and herbal teas, also I really love Safeway Select sparking waters, especially the grapefruit flavor.
  • SueTN2
    SueTN2 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I like to slice an Apple very thin slices and add 1 Cinnamon stick to 1/2 gallon water and ice. Store in the fridge and refill 3 times.
  • tedsmama
    tedsmama Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    +3 for Sodastream. Freaking love mine. I've always been a seltzer junkie, though. Loves me some carbonation. :drinker:
  • wife228
    wife228 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I used the sodastream crystal light mixes without carbonating and they are great. The have Splenda which is listed as sucralose on the bottle.
  • GradatimFerociter
    GradatimFerociter Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Take a long walk in the desert.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I've discovered I hate distilled/purified water. I can drink spring water all day. Just a different flavor, I guess.
    A lot of people hate the taste of distilled. Reverse Osmosis taste slightly better. You can get reverse osmosis water filtration units with remineralization, so that you get the calcium/magnesium that make your water taste like spring water.
  • tweetiejovi
    tweetiejovi Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    add your delute like orange and summerfruits from robinsons
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I don't know what temperature you drink your water at, but for me the colder the better. I prefer it to be ICE cold.
  • maram29
    maram29 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I know it sounds weird, but some people find fruit and cucumber refreshing. I believe the cucumber should be peeled to be most effective. You don't need a lot, either. Just a couple of slices in a half gallon. I've seen oranges, pineapples and lime as well as lemon. Hope this helps.
  • yolohunter
    yolohunter Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I flavor a lot of the water I drink with Everly. It is like crystal lite, but it is all natural. So delicious! It is a relatively new company, so you can most likely only buy it online for now. Really good flavors too- I just stocked up and ordered like 10 boxes of it because it has helped me increase my water intake by over 6 glasses a day and now I'm finally exceeding the minimum. There is another company that has a Mio-like product, but that claims to be all natural, called Stur. I've read some articles about Stur that say there are still artificial ingredients, so I would stick with Everly- tastes better too!

I also love sparkling water (agua con gas)- most other countries where I've lived it is the norm to have both still water and sparkling water offered at most places, so I got turned on to it years ago, and it is still one of my favorite beverages- so refreshing! I've noticed some sparkling water has added sodium, so I would recommend checking the label to make sure because there are definitely brands w/o added sodium too!