Skinny Saturday Challenge!

Options
2»

Replies

• FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Good morning all....I know I have been MIA but I need to pull myself together and it starts today. Should be a good one. I referee soccer this AM and I coach my team this afternoon. I am hoping to either go for my C25K run again tonight or do a video. I have the water jug ready to go and I think I am going to make a new recipe for Butternut Squash soup tonight which is a good comfort food while being healthy.

Good luck to all and I will checkin this evening.

Butternut squash sounds yummy and healthy! So glad to see you back! We missed you and are sending good thoughts your way. Glad you are taking care of yourself and getting back in the game. Hope the soccer team had success! That must be great exercise. Gooooooooooooooooo you! :flowerforyou:
  • stuartme123
    stuartme123 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! It's so hard for me to get myself out of my apartment on Saturdays - I just want to veg around all day, especially after a week of school - which means that I'm constantly tempted to graze throughout the day. I'm so glad that I saw this topic!

I usually don't exercise on the weekends (it's easier to fit the gym around my class schedule during the week). But today it was so gorgeous that I decided to go for a walk around the residential area near my campus. I called my parents at the beginning of the walk, and ended up walking and talking for an hour and a half! It just feels so great to get moving.

To continue with the Skinny Saturday Challenge, I am going to commit to not grazing on delicious carb-filled things, and if I feel the need to eat, finish up the baby carrots or the apples in my fridge instead!
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    It sounds like we are all having a good SSC. I know I am! I did another 60 minutes of Leslie Sansone videos--a couple of new ones from the WalkCLub website. Kicked my butt, too! Whew!

Been drinking LOTS of water and green tea (my new love!), rearranged my bedroom furniture and am now taking a break before I go out to clean up my hanging plants. They need deadheading REALLY badly! Food has been very good and I plan to keep it that way!
  • rebmcg
    rebmcg Posts: 29
    Options
    I'm in starting right this minute. I am contiinually sabotaging my weight loos with weekend snacking cutting back on the exercise instead of taking the opportunity to double up--ditto with water intake.
  • janna674
    janna674 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    so my day went perfect ...got my 16 + cups of water in and doubled my exercise...had fudgesicle for dessert at 530p and havent had any thing since except water....feeling a little bloated from the water hopefully i dont retain it all..still had over 200 cals left on my food diary too!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    ok so i'm a little late but i would love to join and keep each other accountable on saturdays. apart from eating out its hard to find people on the boards on saturday so it wud be nice to have a group to talk to specifically on wkends or atleast read ur posts throughout the day.

Hope everyone had a great Saturday! :smile:
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I am off to bed soon but wanted you to know that my SSC was a HUGE success! Thanks, Fab, for keeping this going. Once my job ends at the end of the month I hope to join you for the Skinny Wednesday Challenge also!
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    Saturday was a great food day for me but not anything else.
  • rebmcg
    rebmcg Posts: 29
    Options
    'Thanks to this challenge, my Sunday went better than it has in months. Stayed away from the snacke, did some cooking ahead and got in a walk.
  • nolachick
    Options
    'Thanks to this challenge, my Sunday went better than it has in months. Stayed away from the snacke, did some cooking ahead and got in a walk.

great job! same here! no exercise but sensible meals only.
  • nolachick
    Options
    Happy Saturday Everyone!
    Hope everyone is making smart choices today.
    I doubled up on exercise with a step class and run at the gym I burned a whopping 900+ calories :drinker:
    had some cereal to hold me over before i head to the mall for some shopping and have a greek salad :)
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Go here for the new thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/125798-skinny-saturday-challenge?page=1#posts-1710772

A new thread is posted each week. Good luck all!:flowerforyou:
  • lungti
    lungti Posts: 9
    Options
    I needed this!!! I work a twelve hour shift today, so I've been sitting here excusing my way out of any exercise, other than the long walk I took my dog on this morning!!! I'll commit to this and get my butt to the gym when I get home!!! Thanks for the motivation!
  • EternalMysteria
    Options
    I love this idea! Funny, I was just telling my boyfriend it's so nice out today, that I may have to take a second walk. Every morning I do 10 minute abs and 10 minute legs. I'll have to do that again after dinner :wink: Enjoy the weekend everyone!