Join me: 1000 squats and 700 Crunches Challenge

Options
Hey there!
I've always wanted to try this but felt all alone so I never lasted for more than a week.
The challenge is to complete 1000 Squats and 700 Crunches in a week. You can do this however you like, as long as you reach the goal at the end of every 7 days.
I decided to do 143 squats and 100 crunches per day.
Lets do it for all of April!! Who is up for it? Log in your completes on this Topic.

I'd love some support from all of you!

Replies

• krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I would like to first say I have deep respect for your aim - I almost fainted just looking at those numbers but good luck in advance! :blushing:
  • conquertheself
    conquertheself Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I would like to first say I have deep respect for your aim - I almost fainted just looking at those numbers but good luck in advance! :blushing:

Haha yes it does seem like a lot. I hope it goes well! Thank you for the support :happy: :smile:
  • superlilmomma
    Options
    Heck yeah someone who has a tough goal made ready to do it I would love to give this my all. But one wuestion what kind of squats
  • conquertheself
    Options
    Heck yeah someone who has a tough goal made ready to do it I would love to give this my all. But one wuestion what kind of squats

Love the enthusiasm :D Sorry for not being specific but for this goal, I am going to try regular body weight squats. You can do whichever kind you like as long as you are working those glutes!
  • superlilmomma
    Options
    Great. I am going to start tonight no scents in waiting right. :-)
  • conquertheself
    Options
    awesome! I already started. You can break it up during the day for example 50 crunches in the morning and 50 at night. The same goes for the squats. Let me know how it goes. I am so excited for this challenge!

All the best !!
  • superlilmomma
    Options
    Me too. We got this
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Nah, I'll pass.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Why do 1000 squats when doing 20 (3 sets of 5, 2 times a week) with some weight on your back will accomplish more?
  • buxombrunettebabe
    Options
    I'm in!! :)
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Why do 1000 squats when doing 20 (3 sets of 5, 2 times a week) with some weight on your back will accomplish more?

+1
  • conquertheself
    Options

well why not? Its a challenge and it needs determination. And how can you be sure if what you are saying will accomplish more? You can add weights to the 1000 squats if you want to make it more challenging and accomplish a lot more.
  • conquertheself
    Options
    I'm in!! :)

Great! Lets get started today, keep us updated !!
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options

well why not? Its a challenge and it needs determination. And how can you be sure if what you are saying will accomplish more? You can add weights to the 1000 squats if you want to make it more challenging and accomplish a lot more.

Well no - all you'll do is make yourself tired. Have you never heard of the law of diminishing returns? Crunches are pretty much a waste of time anyway - they mainly work your back muscles. And 143 body weight squats a day will just aggravate your knees.

Why not spend your time on specific exercises instead of throwing something against the wall to see if it sticks?
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I opened this thinking for some reason that it was going to be 1000 squats & 700 crunches for the MONTH.

I'm pretty sure I couldn't even do 100 of both of these in a week without dying. I did like 15 minutes of pilates on Sunday, including a few squats, and my legs were so sore I could hardly walk on Monday. I'm still minorly sore today.

Good luck to you. I totally admire you. Hopefully someday I'll be so fit I can do this!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    ught-iron-house-letter-y-LET-Y-2.jpg
  • superlilmomma
    Options
    143 squats and 100 crunches down I turned it into a circuit workout for today. Man I feel good and sore. Loving the burn .
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

double-overhand_knot.jpg

(Oh wait...now I remember.)
  • Platform_Heels
    Platform_Heels Posts: 388 Member
    Options

Well no - all you'll do is make yourself tired. Have you never heard of the law of diminishing returns? Crunches are pretty much a waste of time anyway - they mainly work your back muscles. And 143 body weight squats a day will just aggravate your knees.

Why not spend your time on specific exercises instead of throwing something against the wall to see if it sticks?

If you're doing ab exercises and feeling it in your back then you're doing it wrong.

Or maybe my back is in my front because my abdominal muscles are always sore when I get done with a good ab workout. Never my back.
  • superlilmomma
    Options
    Y r u so argumentative if u dont want to do it then u shouldnt have clicked it. It two things that most people people have problems with and it keeps it simple. Thats it