Motivational techniques that have helped you lose weight?

2»

Replies

• liftingandlipstick
    liftingandlipstick Posts: 1,857 Member
    I put a dollar in a jar for every pound I lose, but that's less about motivation, and more about the fact that I KNOW I'm going to need entirely new clothes, and I can't afford to do it otherwise :/

I have some too-small clothes already in my wardrobe that I hung up on my bedroom wall at motivation- want to fit into those jeans? Then get moving!

I have a problem with rewarding myself buying things, because either: I would just buy it anyway, because I need it, or because it's cheap enough that why wait? But there are a few things that I've set aside:

Once I complete the C25K training course, I'll buy the Zombies!Run app. I can't listen to both at once, but I've heard great things about Zombies!, so I want to try it.

In another 17# loss, I'll buy myself some cute undies. I'll definitely need new ones at that point, but I'd usually stick to something utilitarian. So having something fun will be great :)
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    For example I've seen the weight loss jars....does anyone have something that they do for themselves that motivates them to keep going? I've been at a plateau forever and I'm getting so discouraged.
    Motivation comes and goes it's Habit that keeps it going long term. Get some good habits.