Short Gals (under 5'3) unite!

Options

Replies

• spunkybue
    spunkybue Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5' and 174lbs. This is my first try at this. I need to lose 50lbs by May 2015. Would love to be part of the short team.
  • spunkybue
    spunkybue Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How much weight have you lost? Way to go! How are you going to reward yourself when you reach your goal?
  • Determinedtowin64
    Options
    i am new, 5'3, and 335 lbs... anyone feel free to add me... it's gonna take a village lol..
  • amandalohr1
    amandalohr1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hi im 4 foot 11 im here to lose weight to gain muscle yall can add me if yall want to
  • jbreeves413
    Options
    I'm 5'1' and have lost a "person" - down 103 lbs. Still at it. Been working at it for a year and 8 months. Slow process for me, but...
    MFP has been a wonderful tool for me. Also, started Couch to 5K last June and have progressed from there. Plan is to run a 1/2 Marathon in January.
  • NeedtoSimplifyDieting
    Options
    I'm not a short girl but I know you can do it. The amount of weight you want to lose is irrelevant as long as you take it day-by-day and concentrate on the "immediate rewards" of dieting. Your life will become better way before you reach your long term weight goal. You can do it and the rewards start right now!

Good luck!
  • laceyjjj
    laceyjjj Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!

I'm 5'2 and 123. This is definitely to heavy on my frame. I'm aiming to get back to 110, the weight I look good at. Please add me, I need motivation! Damn it sucks being short, no eating like real people!
  • thegreatestthing
    thegreatestthing Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi girls! I'm 5' even and somewhere around 215- I've been here off and on for a few years now with 0 success. I actually GAINED overall. I registered for a seminar on bariatric surgery earlier today, I am sick of this! I eat right, I'm active, I don't have a thyroid problem (but I do have PCOS) and it's impossible to lose anything.

All that said, it's pretty weird to be short and overweight-my friends and coworkers don't realize I'm a small person until I'm standing right next to them. Dating is even worse!

Anyway just wanted to say hi and good luck. Feel free to add me, I'm not normally doom n' gloom!
  • romiga
    romiga Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Another shortly in the house! I too am looking for support buddies so please add me!!! I'm ready to get my body and HABITS under control ????
  • jsherrill0613
    jsherrill0613 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am 5'2" and this is day 30 for me on MFP. I started in weighing over 220lbs and now weigh 213 lbs as of last week. I love adding new friends. I am on here every day and usually through the day. I am 34 years old, a mother of 2, and married to a wonderful supportive husband who has also joined MFP. I would love to lose over 50 lbs. Feel free to add me!
  • jbreeves413
    Options
    How do we join this group?
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and almost at my goal (for now) weight (112, aiming for 110). Feel free to add me!
  • Namasteforever
    Namasteforever Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies Im new to MFP! What kind of exercise is everyone doing on a daily basis? I am 5'2 with alot of weight to lose. Thanks
  • louiseduckett81
    louiseduckett81 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 5'2 and currently at 147 and want to get down to 126)
  • tinabell153
    tinabell153 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP for two years, I'm 5'0" and started at 125 got to 104 and now maintaining at 106-107. Trying to gain muscle and lower Body Fat % so I have a flat tummy :)
  • kimsfatlog
    kimsfatlog Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am 4'9' and weighing in at 130. I want to lose enough weight so that when I walk into my Doctor's office for my yearly physical I don't hear the word "obese" along with my name/chart.
  • yturie47
    yturie47 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am 5'1 and have lost 20 lbs since January. Hope to lose another 20 by the end of the year. I lose weight slowwwly and it is hard to stay motivated sometimes. Must admit I need encouragement and like to cheer others on. Don't you think the before and after pictures are so amazing. This is a great website!
  • sorayathegreat
    sorayathegreat Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2". After 3 kids, my body has gone to horrible places. I'm hoping MFP can help. It's been 9 days... nothing so far, but it's ok. It's still early. I know 115 is really thin, but that was a normal weight for me. I have 9 lbs to go....1 1/2yrs hard muay thai training and alot of changes through that, but i think tracking my food will help me with my overall health.
  • Learning2LoveMe64
    Options
    New, 5'3, and over 300 lbs..will be here for the long haul...anyone can add me :)
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Thread full of spinners?