Short Gals (under 5'3) unite!

Options

Replies

• ColleenLaNeve
    ColleenLaNeve Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    5'2 here, starting out at a whopping 212 lbs..I know I've got a long way to go, so my current goal is set to 180 lbs - baby steps! Feel free to add me :)
  • Idontwanttobeahamplanet
    Options
    I'm 5'0" currently 168lbs. My goal weight is 130. Add me :)
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" started at 270lbs, currently at 180 ish. Trying to recover from holidays! Feel free to add me, still have a bit to go!
  • allieO3390
    allieO3390 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 3" and have been on MFP since February. I have lost 30 pounds and am looking to lose another 30 to get to my goal weight. Feel free to add me!
  • TKhamvongsa
    TKhamvongsa Posts: 287
    Options
    4'9" 135 lbs. GW = 125 lbs.

Working on strength as well.
  • BajanGem
    BajanGem Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello, I recently joined MFP. I'm 5'1" and weigh 160lbs, down from 192lbs. My goal is 135lbs. I've been reading through the forum and thinking of starting T25 altho it is costly for me.
  • thegreatestthing
    thegreatestthing Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thread full of spinners?

I'm pretty sure either a) no one else knows what a spinner is or b) this is a one-and-done kinda thread lol.
  • MisspelledMe
    MisspelledMe Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi! Another 5' 2" girl here. Will turn 26 later this month, joined MFP about a month ago, and have lost 14 pounds so far. Trying to go from 240 to 120, and am down to 226 already.

Would love to meet a few new friends. :)
  • eeriesilence
    eeriesilence Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    5'3! I've been using MFP for almost 3 months, down 25 lbs, with another 43 until I hit my goal weight of 120. :) Feel free to add me, I love talking to new people!
  • GuineaPiglet
    GuineaPiglet Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and 170. Not an old profile pic, I just don't carry much weight in my face. :). I put on a ton of weight....50lbs....during my last pregnancy while on bed rest for seven months and got into some really bad habits. 7 years is probably long enough to keep on the "baby weight"! Not sure of my final goal weight.....just taking this one pound at a time. I have an open food and exercise diary to my friends. I'd love some fellow shorties in a similar stat range....feel free to add me!! I'm more interested in becoming fit than just losing weight. I haven't put forth a sincere effort to do this before, but I'm motivated and confident that in a year I'll be in a normal weight range.
  • ProvenceBelle
    ProvenceBelle Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am 5'3" and I have lost 10 lbs in 10 months. I met my goal and I am just trying to maintain. I love to run and I have begun cycling. I really love MFP! Everyone is so supportive.
  • avril2626
    avril2626 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Heightists...all of you :)
  • jsherrill0613
    jsherrill0613 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies Im new to MFP! What kind of exercise is everyone doing on a daily basis? I am 5'2 with alot of weight to lose. Thanks

I normally do Zumba or cardio such as 30 day shred daily.
  • candyliquor
    Options
    Wow, so many short people here! xD Anyway, hi! I'm 5'3'' (though my brother would argue that I'm 5'2'' but I'm older so that means I'm right! ;D) and my goal weight is to get down to 150 from 250. I just started here so I haven't weighed myself since last week (which is when I started) but I plan to tomorrow, not that I expect to have actually lost anything. xD Would love friends for motivation and support! I think that's something everyone who's on this kind of journey needs. :)
  • thegreatestthing
    thegreatestthing Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies Im new to MFP! What kind of exercise is everyone doing on a daily basis? I am 5'2 with alot of weight to lose. Thanks

On a daily basis? I walk A LOT. I lift heavy a few times a week, and at least once a week I dance (most often holding a heavy baby.) Sounds like nothing but when you think about it, it really is.
  • prosaiche
    prosaiche Posts: 29
    Options
    5'1 and 213lbs..
    And loving it.
    On here just to make it easier instead of having an in person journal. Lost that thing so many times throughout the years. Was told to check the website out so here I am.
    I'm not looking to lose weight, since I've not lost more than 4 lbs since I had my son and have been on birth control sense. Learned to accept how I look and I love it. Don't even look my weight!
  • shirleycoale
    shirleycoale Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    70 yrs. young, 5', and 241 lbs when I started. I've been using MFP for about 6 weeks and love it. I'm down 9+lbs as of yesterday. I also have been motivated to get a fitbit and am working on building up my steps. I'm finding the process of writing down everything I eat and seeing immediately what my calorie count is to work for me. I've tried WW multiple times and lost weigh and gained it back plus 20#. Again and again. That's not going to happen this time.

I'd welcome friends because I find it is motivating to encourage each other.
  • MEK1960
    MEK1960 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 feet 2. Highest weight 189, lost some before finding MFP and my fitbit. Currently at 153. Goal is 140. I agree, we short gals have problems no one else understands- we have nowhere to hide it! SO I guess we better get rid of it! :)
  • jsherrill0613
    Options

On a daily basis? I walk A LOT. I lift heavy a few times a week, and at least once a week I dance (most often holding a heavy baby.) Sounds like nothing but when you think about it, it really is.

At least 5 times a week but usually 6. I also have an 8 month old to carry around. My husband likes to walk so I do that with him too. It doesn't sound like nothing to me! Walking is great exercise!
  • jsherrill0613
    Options
    I meant I do one or other daily.. both almost daily haha