Short Gals (under 5'3) unite!

Options

Replies

• likklemoo
    likklemoo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a short gal too, 5'2 at 119.5 lbs. Heaviest at 128 lbs. Been making effort to gym 3x a week and currently working towards 110lbs. Need friends :)
  • sarafischbach9
    sarafischbach9 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3.5". The one thing that could make my life easier is being a few inches taller. Jeans would look a lot better on me!

I'm currently 111.5, down from 136-138 in December. I maintained for quite a while, but then I started to gain weight in 2013 from eating out too much and not exercising enough. Just got off the tracks, I guess. Also my scale broke in 2012 and wasn't able to monitor my weight until I finally got a new battery for it around Christmas and was shocked to see I went from 117-123 in 2012 to 136 in Dec 2013.

I don't have much more to lose. 1-2 more lbs I'm hoping to shed off this month. Anyone else can feel free to add me but I will be transitioning into maintenance hopefully by May.
  • baileyang33
    baileyang33 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    5' here! I started at 167 down 21! 20 to go! Friend me!
  • valeriemcmichael77
    Options
    Nice work!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and have been here a little over a year. I've had a lot of success following mfp and working out:)
  • valeriemcmichael77
    Options
    How do I join? I'm 5' 1" and too heavy.
  • stormyxpony
    stormyxpony Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    5ft 1' here. I'm at 184.8 lbs. WAS at 195 lbs.
  • foxlme
    foxlme Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    My wonderful hubby says I'm 5'3" minus 1". :) Good things come in small packages, amiright?!? :D I have been on and off MFP for about a year and a half, but I was pregnant for most of it. MFP has helped me get down to my pre-baby weight and now I'm trying to reach my goal weight for the first time since, well, high school? Freshman year of college? UGH! My hubby used to do this with me but stopped after he hit his goal in A MONTH (grrrrr men's metabolism), so I'd love some new support! Please feel free to add me and I'll cheer you right back!
  • jenmom2myboys
    jenmom2myboys Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I am 5 foot and looking to hit 110 and then reevaluate from there.
  • smc864
    smc864 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3!

SW: 203
    CW: 145
    GW: 140
  • spara0038
    spara0038 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    5'2" and started at 150lbs at the beginning of February, 138 now! Goal of 120 or whatever I feel comfortable with. Want to look good in that wedding dress in December!

I think our height/weight/gender makes it a little hard to lose weight. MFP started me out at 1200 cal/day. Didn't have much success there, but at 1400 cal/day, I'm doing much better and have more energy :-)
  • mandieme0w
    Options
    Hi friends!
    I just joined. I am 5'3. I used this about 2 years ago and lost about 80lbs. I am back at it again to drop some weight Ive added. Summer is right around the corner :)
  • lawlorka
    lawlorka Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", I started at 156lbs, currently at 133lbs and have 13lbs to go until my goal weight of 120lbs.

I've been on here since last September, and log in every day (except for when I'm on holidays with no reception on my phone!!!!).
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I"m 5'2" and 181 here. I lost over 50 lbs so far. I have ways to go yet. My goal weight is 112 lbs.

Anyone can add me if they like.
  • scispence
    scispence Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and 138 lbs. Goal weight is 114. The slow creep of weight gain turned into a galloping race in the last year (this being over 40 nonsense!!), so I joined MFP. I've never counted calories before, but it's working well so far. I'm REALLY grateful for the "LNS fighters" group (late night snacking). If anyone else struggles with this issue I'd highly recommend it.

Anyone can feel free to add me.
  • Jlmervin03
    Jlmervin03 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'1 1/2 and 150 lbs. My goal is to lose 30 lbs before I turn 30. Feel free to add me!!
  • antonioaida
    antonioaida Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'1" and weigh 111.5 my goal is to get down to 105 and lose body fat. I want the flattest abs in town.
    Anyone feel free to add me. :wink: :wink:
  • cesha83
    cesha83 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I am 5'1 and I started at 214 and am down to 211. I have used MFP before and lost a good bit, but now I'd like to stick with the program and my goal is 140ish. I am not picky. I'd be happy anywhere under 150!
  • OneStepLighter
    OneStepLighter Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft and so far, have lost 67 LBS (CW is 173) and right now, I'm up and down with my weight *it seems like when you're closer to reaching your goal, it's hard to reach it* but that's not stopping me! I'm pushing through and determined to get at my GW! You & anyone else can add me! :)
  • amethyst7986
    amethyst7986 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" & 176-- Trying to lose weight, get in better shape and shop in those single digits sizes again! I would like to get down to 125-130, I've never been super skinny and really don't wanna be. I like have some substance to my body!

Question for those ladies who have lost weight already: I know that we all lose weight differently, just like we carry it differently, however, my concern is losing weight and having my breast deflate...anyone have this problem?