WHAT THE ACTUAL FREAK

Options

Replies

• miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I just...

I love you, myfitnesspal.

I love everything about this thread and the VD I caught reading and laughing.

:laugh:
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I just...

Co-signed.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Regardless of the weight loss/gain issue, I would be remiss not to suggest considering a Plan A... I don't think Plan B is meant to be taken so often but only as an emergency. Have you considered a more permanent method that is workable for you?
    at the moment, im uninsured and cant afford birth control and even before then, my doctors wouldnt put me on it because im so sensitive to hormones that everything would kill my libido or make me gain weight and my doctors didnt want me gaining weight when im already over weight.

A box of condoms is MUCH cheaper than Birth Control and Plan B. And if you can't properly control your sex life as it is, maybe killing your libido is actually a good option.

All of the above are a lot cheaper than a child too. So, at least she is doing the world a favor by not reproducing and making another child that she can teach the same things she is doing.
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    Regardless of the weight loss/gain issue, I would be remiss not to suggest considering a Plan A... I don't think Plan B is meant to be taken so often but only as an emergency. Have you considered a more permanent method that is workable for you?
    at the moment, im uninsured and cant afford birth control and even before then, my doctors wouldnt put me on it because im so sensitive to hormones that everything would kill my libido or make me gain weight and my doctors didnt want me gaining weight when im already over weight.

plan B should not be used as birth control. A baby is a lot more expensive than birth control. Have you considered condoms or abstinence.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    This is something that stuck with me in my Health class in high school: If you are having unprotected sex, boys are having sex with the last 5 guys she's been with; girls are having sex with the last 10 girls he's been with. That's a lot of unprotected germs for the sake of some lovin'.

As for the weight gain, you are working out too much and your muscles are retaining water. That and the entire month's worth of BC hormones you claim you can't take each time you have a Plan B.

My advice is to get your priorities straight, close your legs, buy some condoms, and find someone who isn't spreading germs all over the place--including you.

LOL those numbers literally make no sense. I get the message behind them and the importance of being protected but throwing out nonsense numbers isn't the way to educated people. Why 5 or 10????

Cause in some communities, scare tactics work.
  • somefitsomefat
    somefitsomefat Posts: 445 Member
    Options

plan B should not be used as birth control. A baby is a lot more expensive than birth control. Have you considered condoms or abstinence.

In theory, depending on your beliefs of course, abstinence is only 99.999999999999999999999% effective ;)
  • Platform_Heels
    Platform_Heels Posts: 388 Member
    Options

You're the reason that people want to take Plan B off the shelves.It's NOT meant to be used as birth control! While I'm not personally a proponent for the BC pill since it messes up your hormones horrifically, I AM a proponent of birth control. Seriously, condoms are not that expensive and you can buy them online for wicked cheap. And if your boyfriend doesn't like the feel or doesn't want to wear them then either go on the pill or stop having sex.

Seriously.
  • Tabithas_Transformation
    Options

Sensitive to hormones? Plan B is hormones. Find a different plan A!
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    at the moment, im uninsured and cant afford birth control

Here's a thought: stop having sex. If you can't afford birth control, you can't afford to be pregnant either.

Why isn't birth control free in the US, that always surprises me.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    WHAT THE ACTUAL FREAK

Best and most appropriate thread title eva!!
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    From OP's profile:

"M boyfriend is a great support in my life and he's helping me learn o balance my nutrition and eat better. I'm a southern caucasian woman and he's a california-raised korean. His mind-set is a lot healthier than mine. I think he brings amazing balance to my life."

First, I thought this guy wasn't your boyfriend. Second, if you have a boyfriend and you're still sleeping with this guy then you have a lot of things to think about other than plan B and why you gained a couple of lbs.
  • sseqwnp
    sseqwnp Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    It's definitely water weight, but I really hope you increased your calorie intake when you started lifting. If you don't supply your body with enough energy, you will end up with an abundance of cortisol in your system... cortisol is a problem...

Definitely, huh? You're better than web md.

Might be a tumor. OR maybe one of those tumers that falls out of your vagina after about 9.5 months. What do you call those again? Plan B has a high failure rate. Like 20% Failure rate if you don't take it real soon.

Chick's definitely preg. Maybe time to switch from Plan B to RU-486
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Most likely water retention (in your muscles, or caused by hormones) or you are eating more than you think.

Please do something to address why you have taken Plan B so much recently. I am actually surprised you were able to get it that often from a doctor. It wreaks havoc on your body doing that, and there are much better, safer, more reliable forms of birth control.

A world's worth of THIS.

Plan B is for the occasional slip up- NOT a contingency plan.

If you don't want to go on birth control (which I get- I don't take it because I've had some pretty adverse side effects), use a condom (they make both male and female varieties). Or check with your doctor about an IUD- they have programs that will subsidize the cost for certain individuals.

Be safe. Have fun, but be safe.

I WANT the IUD so bad!! but my doctor REFUSES to give me one because I havent had kids yet and it can rupture the uterus and render me infertile.

It's like either way I go I cant win.
    He cant use condoms, we tried. He literally cant keep it up. He cant feel anything through them and I even made sure they were the "barely there" thin condoms.
    I cant do birth control because of hormones
    and I cant get the IUD because I dont have kids.

im being screwed over everywhere and cant really get my body to ever do what I want.

I know people have replied in some form to some of this, but I'm not reading 8 pages of comments to see if someone has mentioned this -

Read Taking Charge of Your Fertility. If you decide to follow it, FOLLOW IT TO A "T!" Or, it definitely will not work.

That said, and as has already been said - use a diaphragm (you would have paid for it by now with the money you have spent on Plan B), your boyfriend may get used to condoms if you keep trying, or, you know what? STOP having sex. If you can't afford kids, or don't want them, you either sholdn't be having sex, or you should be doing everything in your power to have it safely. Period.

I mean, seriously? Be responsible.

ETA: In response to your weight increase, it may be water weight, or you might want to get a pregnancy test as others have suggested since PLAN B IS NOT 100%.
  • mrsfyredude
    mrsfyredude Posts: 177 Member
    Options

Her FB has an "issue" using them. I don't want to say the word but it rhymes with Limpotence.

ROFLMFAO! :drinker:
  • Platform_Heels
    Platform_Heels Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I WANT the IUD so bad!! but my doctor REFUSES to give me one because I havent had kids yet and it can rupture the uterus and render me infertile.

It's like either way I go I cant win.
    He cant use condoms, we tried. He literally cant keep it up. He cant feel anything through them and I even made sure they were the "barely there" thin condoms.
    I cant do birth control because of hormones
    and I cant get the IUD because I dont have kids.

im being screwed over everywhere and cant really get my body to ever do what I want.

Then stop having sex.

Seriously.

Oh, and as someone else pointed out Plan B has hormones in it so I call bull on not being able to get the birth control pill.
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I just...

My side hurts from laughing and then the sadness for the OP starts.
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Options

Sensitive to hormones? Plan B is hormones. Find a different plan A!

So, so much this. How can this not be throwing you out of whack? Plan B is just birth control pills--it acts the same way to prevent ovulation. Please let this be a troll. Please.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I seriously cant go to a doctor right now.

People clearly dont read. I'm uninsured, I'm unemployed. I don't pay for the plan b, he does.
    He's not my boyfriend so regular birth control is not his responsibility.
    His only concern is keeping himself from having a fourth kid.

He cant keep it up with condoms, We tried.

Since you guys seem so much more focused on what im doing in my bedroom which was not the question i asked.

IS WEIGHT GAIN A POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECT FROM THAT MANY HORMONES?!
    Or is it the training?

Thats all i asked, that's all you ****ers need to be focusing on.

LOL

You hear that people?!? FOCUS!

:laugh:

ETA:
    FOCUS or GTFO

BWAAAHAHAHA!!!! :laugh:

Please tell me it keeps getting better in the next six pages...oh, please.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    I have nothing to add that hasn't already been said.

Been lurking in the thread all day at work, but now I actually need to close my computer (sigh) so bumping to not lose such an excellent form of entertainment.

At least, not lose it until the mods find it....
  • stephlyons323
    Options

FYI, it's $10 a month at both Walmart and Target for generic birth control without insurance. Just make sure your doctor writes that generics are ok on your prescription.
This discussion has been closed.