Women...What is the perfect way to be purposed to?

Options

Replies

• moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    He purposed on my bday. we had the talk I knew it would happen but not right then and there. i had unwashed hair and no makeup busy talking about decorating our new home lol. it was my bday dinner but I had to work late so I din't have time to 'prep properly'. However, it was very sweet and did not give me the typical ' will you marry me?' i started crying and calling my friends and family while he sat there and ate his food lol. for us.. it was perfect.

What was the purpose?
  • RadioactivePirate
    Options
    My wife took me out for a nice steak dinner, and then we headed to our favorite coffee shop (where we met!) for after dinner drinks. At the coffee shop she gave me a beautiful scrap book of our life together up to that point, and at the end it said "All this in only three years" then on the next page "Would you like to see what we can do in a lifetime?" and at that point she pulled out the ring.

It was super sweet, and although we had already discussed getting married, the proposal itself was a surprise. My 30th birthday was coming up in a few weeks and my family was coming in for a big party, so I suspected she was going to ask me then, but she wisely decided to do it in private instead of in front of everyone we know.
  • btm141
    btm141 Posts: 9
    Options
    A home cooked, candle lit dinner, then afterwards have a trail of roses leading to the bedroom then my partner being in the bedroom down on one knee with a ring.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    My dear family,
    guess what? Today I found out what my special purpose is for. Gosh, what a great time I had. I wish the whole family could've been here with me. Maybe some other time as I intend to do this a lot. Every chance I get. I think next week I'll be able to send more money as I may have extra work. My friend Patty has promised me a ____ job.
    Your loving son,
    Navin.
  • Dancing_Laeti
    Dancing_Laeti Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I had two ideas for my ex. One was at my mom's wedding and the other was going to be a romantic getaway to Niagra Falls.

It's funny when people mention Niagara Falls, it's only 20min from me :smile:

I say you do it at a nice restaurant, get down on one knee (where everyone can see) and ask her to be your wife.

Weeeell, having been on the receiving end of this scenario, I say 'DON'T do it that way'.
    I think it shouldn't be done in public at all. If you happen to be in a romantic spot outdoors or somewhere that is meaningful to you as a couple, do it there. Don't do it in front of lots of people. I felt ambushed. But then again, I definitely wasn't ready to get married.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I don't know. I've never really thought about it, I guess I always just thought that if I was lucky enough to find a man that I'd marry that wanted to marry me, it wouldn't matter how he asked me. But I'm not really the marrying kind, so I don't think I need to worry about it.
  • freckledjezebel
    freckledjezebel Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    By someone who loves you and wants to be with only you for the rest of his life, and who you love back with your whole heart. The rest doesn't matter.
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I both love to play golf. It was over 15 years ago...we were playing golf at a beautiful golf course on a gorgeous spring day. At the end of the round he put the ring in the cup on the 18th green. When I reached in to get my ball out of the cup the box was in there too! He got down on one knee and proposed to me right there. It was a wonderful day! :smile:
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    I did it the proper way as I should. I went to her father, and I told him of my intent to marry his daughter. Then we haggled over a dowry. I purchased his consent with 3 cows, 2 goats, and a suckling piglet. Later that evening, he sent her to my home crying with all her things, and we consumated the marriage.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Hoping it works out this way....

6i42s5.jpg
  • paygep
    paygep Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    At the risk of sounding bitter and hoping my B won't read this (or maybe hoping he will) ...

A woman wants to be asked, but without having to hint around or having to tell you that she wants to be asked...

Get a ring. Some girls are diamond girls and some girls aren't. Ask your mom, or her mom, or her best friend for help choosing the ring if you aren't sure.

Take her somewhere special, where it's just the two of you, and then tell her how you feel, like how you really feel, from the heart.

Tell her why you want her to share your life.

Then ask!

Oh, and don't wait too long. If it's been like, ahem, 5 years already...
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I agree with those who said to know your audience. My husband and I are both introverts. I didn't want to be proposed to in a restaurant, at a sporting event, or on a holiday in front of my entire family. The way he did it was absolutely perfect for us.

We were separated Mon-Thurs due to circumstances at the time (he was caring for his terminally ill mother on hospice those days) and always really excited to see each other on Friday afternoons. He walked in the door, kissed me, then immediately got down on his knee in the middle of the living room and proposed to me. He had the ring in his pocket (in a box)...that's a good detail for sure. I was wearing a baggy t-shirt with a pair of floral pj pants and I didn't even care! We were both so happy!

I love this! My BF travels for work M-T so on Fridays after work I cant get in the door fast enough :-) That's a great story!

Aw thanks lady!!!
  • fificrazy
    fificrazy Posts: 234
    Options
    No one's gonna make any kitchen/sandwich jokes? Those certainly give women a purpose.
  • KatieLouWho19
    KatieLouWho19 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    When my bf and I had first gotten together we went to a park late at night on valentines day and I had a whole thing set up with candles in the shape of a heart and a gorilla for him. We were way younger so I thought it was cute... now - I wouldn't do that for a man. LMFAO.

Anyways - just recently he proposed to me after almost 6 years of being together.

He told me he was going to make up for valentines day (almost a month later) and he blindfolded me, took me to the same park and had our friends there - he had the playground set up the same way with the candles in the shape of a heart (not as good as mine, but it was made by men, so what do you expect?!) and rose petals all over the playground. He took the blindfold off and then he started his "speech" which didnt make it too far - lol! Neither of us are very serious people - so he said what he said and then got down on one knee - I grabbed the ring and was crying before he had a chance to try to put the ring on my finger! I was wayyy too excited! LOL.

I am very proud of him cause I definitely did not expect it.
  • rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Any way that is thoughtful. I went to a co-worker's birthday and her boyfriend used that opportunity to propose. He had her open a gift, which was a framed comic drawn of the two of them (as super heroes) and in the comic he was proposing. As she read it out loud, he got on one knee. It was such a surprise and I'm glad I could be there for it.

A vacation or getaway, the place you met, the beach, a sporting event, a concert, etc... Just put some thought into it.
  • dianalee9
    dianalee9 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    The perfect proposal is the one that you come up with! You know your girl better than any of us. She will be happy with whatever you do as long as you put some honest thought into it. Good luck!! :smile:
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I think the best way to purpose is to not. I've become so anti- marriage after the years the failed love attempts.

BUT I will say this, when you find a person you feel is really the one, make it memorable by doing something you know they will love.

I have never been proposed to, but if someone did to me, I would imagine it to be somewhere under the stars on a perfect evening.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I think the best way to purpose is to not. I've become so anti- marriage after the years the failed love attempts.

BUT I will say this, when you find a person you feel is really the one, make it memorable by doing something you know they will love.

I have never been proposed to, but if someone did to me, I would imagine it to be somewhere under the stars on a perfect evening.

Will you marry me?

Fixed that problem for ya!
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    Mine was lame.
    We had talked about marriage and I already knew she wanted to.
    I bought the ring and carried it in my pocket for a few weeks. I really wanted the perfect romantic opportunity but, I am about as romantic as a chain saw.
    Anyway, we were out to dinner at a little place on Clematis street in West Palm when a couple that we knew walked by. We said hello and we all just sat there chatting.
    So, the wife asks us "So, when are you two finally going to tie the knot?"
    Tiffany answered, "He needs to put a ring on it first" in her playful voice.
    So, I decided right then and there was the perfect time.
    I stood up, pulled the ring out of my pocket, dropped to one knee and asked her to marry me.
    Everyone was suprised, including myself.
  • KatieLouWho19
    KatieLouWho19 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Mine was lame.
    We had talked about marriage and I already knew she wanted to.
    I bought the ring and carried it in my pocket for a few weeks. I really wanted the perfect romantic opportunity but, I am about as romantic as a chain saw.
    Anyway, we were out to dinner at a little place on Clematis street in West Palm when a couple that we knew walked by. We said hello and we all just sat there chatting.
    So, the wife asks us "So, when are you two finally going to tie the knot?"
    Tiffany answered, "He needs to put a ring on it first" in her playful voice.
    So, I decided right then and there was the perfect time.
    I stood up, pulled the ring out of my pocket, dropped to one knee and asked her to marry me.
    Everyone was suprised, including myself.

That's actually really awesome! NOT lame at all!! How much more of a surprise can you get than to surprise even yourself?!?! :) kudos man! :heart: