IF YOU COULD TURN BACK TIME

Options

Replies

• mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I would never have started smoking. (I quit a long time ago, but still have a few if I'm drinking.)

^^THIS^^

I was going to say nothing, because I feel like I've learned from my past and it has helped me become who I am today, but I totally would have to agree with this!
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    The only thing I can think of is taking my Professor's advice, and to be like Avis. To try harder. But if I had done that, I wouldn't have dropped out of school and joined the Navy, and I would have never picked up Larro {the} Darro as a handle. I have been so lucky to get to where I am in one piece, with my mind, body and a little bit of change, that I wouldn't risk changing anything.
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I should've never EVER dumped the good guy... for the bad boy who I ended up marrying, had a baby with, divorced 2 years later and the good guy got married, remained married, has a nice big house, and is still smiling 30 years later... **** !!!

this is because anyone can bend at the knee. lol
  • Gman1973
    Gman1973 Posts: 103
    Options
    Mine is all about a girl, and to quote J Cole nobody's perfect but she was perfect for me. She never did anything thing to me other than love me. Only thing was she lived in VA and I live in NC. We would take turns coming to see each other every other weekend.... and it was magic.... In her words life was full of rainbows and butterfiles. She was great like that. We were together almost 2 years and she started having personal issues that kept us from seeing each other. But we would Skype or go to the gym at the same time and talk on the phone so it was as if we were getting to workout together. We would even watch the same TV programs while on the phone anything to feel closer to one another. After going almost a year like this I broke..... told her I couldn't do it anymore, I needed more than a phone call. She fought to keep me and like the fool I am I wasn't hearing it. Now a year later I know what I had..... I know what I lost. She keeps in touch with my best friend (who is a girl) and still ask about me on occasion but she let's her know she has moved on and that although she loves me she can't be hurt by me again. And as for me all I can do is learn from my mistakes but if I had a Time machine I would go back if only to be able to hear her voice say my name one more time
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Nothing, because I wouldn't end up where I am now. I quite like where I am right now.
  • PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I would tell myself to not get so drunk that one night that I couldn't enjoy myself.
  • RunBakeLove
    RunBakeLove Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Mine is all about a girl, and to quote J Cole nobody's perfect but she was perfect for me. She never did anything thing to me other than love me. Only thing was she lived in VA and I live in NC. We would take turns coming to see each other every other weekend.... and it was magic.... In her words life was full of rainbows and butterfiles. She was great like that. We were together almost 2 years and she started having personal issues that kept us from seeing each other. But we would Skype or go to the gym at the same time and talk on the phone so it was as if we were getting to workout together. We would even watch the same TV programs while on the phone anything to feel closer to one another. After going almost a year like this I broke..... told her I couldn't do it anymore, I needed more than a phone call. She fought to keep me and like the fool I am I wasn't hearing it. Now a year later I know what I had..... I know what I lost. She keeps in touch with my best friend (who is a girl) and still ask about me on occasion but she let's her know she has moved on and that although she loves me she can't be hurt by me again. And as for me all I can do is learn from my mistakes but if I had a Time machine I would go back if only to be able to hear her voice say my name one more time

Not to sound like a teenage girl...but whoa. I teared up a little. I can relate to this. My BF travels every week for work. He is gone M-F (sometimes I get lucky and he doesn't leave til Tues!) and every other weekend we have his son from his first marriage. Every other weekend alone just never feels like enough time but it is what it is and I would rather get what I can than be without him at all. I hope things work out for the better for you.

I don't think I would change anything. Being divorced, the obvious one would be not to marry at 19. But then I got a divorce and things kind of fell into place. Not sure if they would've if I wasn't where I was when I was.
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I'd go back about 4 years and change some lack of caring/boredom on my part. This in turn would have hopefuly prevented the residual fall out that has been occuring for the last 3 years. (no I didn't typo the numbers, I'm going for prevention of the event althogether rather than just wishing the one event away, because I think the event would have happened eventually without a change in attitude and things could even be worse than they are now. I don't really feel any wiser or better off in any way other than being more cognizant of the impacts not caring because nothing else is better. I could be very happily done with the impacts of that attitude. I've learned the lesson , I don't need it beat into me.
  • bethcox16
    bethcox16 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    i would have gone out with my best friend before it was too late </3
  • Chimis_Siq
    Chimis_Siq Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I would have gone to Medical School at 17 , as opposed to Business School. I would have been a doctor already...

Now , later on in life, Im going to medical school...
  • Mustgetbuff
    Mustgetbuff Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I would have studied something more practical in university rather than trudge through four years of post-secondary that I didn't even enjoy in the end.

I also wish I had stuck with dancing when I was a kid.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I'd go back and do something to prevent my buddy Al's death. It definitely did NOT happen for a reason, and that's the stupidest statement on the planet. No offense to anyone who uses it, but you're just wrong. And, I'd buy the winning lottery ticket numbers for the next draw, on the same day.
  • ShreddingIt_84
    Options
    When my mom met my dad
    I hate knowing i will die! :sad: :cry:
  • beckyboooo87x
    beckyboooo87x Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I probley would have been there more for a friend that committed suicide at 21 so sad. And went uni instead of dating losers and doing drugs but ya know we live and we learn.
  • Gman1973
    Options
    Really some sad stuff when I go back and read these
  • daveymac31
    daveymac31 Posts: 118
    Options
    Would have taken the job playing pro hockey in Sweden. I instead played in VA. Still was hoping to make it to the NHL. I blew out my knee in an on ice accident. Who knows, if I played over there, I may still be playing, or just ending my career.

Wouldn't have gotten married when I was 23. Just to find out years later, she cheated on me all along. Wasted 8 years of my life.

But now I am engaged, so I guess it ended up pretty good! Plus my fiancé still has my autograph from when she met me when I was 20! LOLOLOL!!!!
  • Gman1973
    Options
    Would have taken the job playing pro hockey in Sweden. I instead played in VA. Still was hoping to make it to the NHL. I blew out my knee in an on ice accident. Who knows, if I played over there, I may still be playing, or just ending my career.

Wouldn't have gotten married when I was 23. Just to find out years later, she cheated on me all along. Wasted 8 years of my life.

But now I am engaged, so I guess it ended up pretty good! Plus my fiancé still has my autograph from when she met me when I was 20! LOLOLOL!!!!
    That's so cool
  • Mitzki5
    Mitzki5 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Would have made my wife go to the Dr earlier to catch her cancer at stage 1 and not let it get to stage 4.
  • Mitzki5
    Mitzki5 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
  • 3rdwoozie5
    3rdwoozie5 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Go back to the week before my son was killed while serving in the Army.