Replies

• StephSixtos
    StephSixtos Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    PEACHES!! So yummy!!
  • accebersmith
    accebersmith Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    With pico de gallo when I want something spicy and savory, or with mandarin oranges and/or pineapple when I want a something sweet.
  • PAnn1
    PAnn1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Top mine with no sugar added mandarin oranges or fresh tangelos from my tree.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    with a touch of strawberry jam or fruit.
  • kdunlap2014
    kdunlap2014 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I eat mine with sliced strawberries and a packet of trivia/stevia....it's delicious! Make it ahead and it gets better????
  • Love_Is_My_Fuel
    Love_Is_My_Fuel Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    a gazillion years ago when in WW, I would make this ' not-so-Danish pastry' and remember it as YUMMY!

Ingredients
    1 slice crisp toast (I used whole wheat)
    2 ounces (1/4 cup) nonfat cottage cheese
    ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
    ⅛ teaspoon vanilla
    ½ teaspoon sugar or sugar substitute
    Instructions
    Mix the cottage cheese with cinnamon, vanilla and sugar or sugar substitute. Spread on toast and place under the broiler until warmed through and beginning to bubble.
    Serve while warm.
    Variation: Top with 1 – 2 tablespoons drained crushed pineapple.
    Martha’s Notes

Nutritional Estimates Per Serving: 118 calories, 1.2 g fat, 17.6 carbs, 1.2 g fiber, 10.5 g protein

now i just eat it with a spoon (or fork)....

This sounds delicious..I'm going to try it on light rye :)
  • MyTBttm82
    Options
    Everyone has excellent suggestions! I like to add fruit to it or in a salad. I used to love it in Lasagna.....you can see why that landed me on this fitness site...LOL. Seriously good for you at adding foods that are good for you. Oh, there used to be an excellent salad my Grandmother made, jello with cottage cheese and pears. You could use sugar free jello, mix it with the water as directed then add cottage cheese and fresh diced ripe pears.
  • sjrja
    sjrja Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    On top of a baked potato with sliced tomatoes and balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Also love it with salsa mixed in and use as a dip for veggies or triscuit thins...
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I blend it in my smoothies. I like to add the cottage cheese to my soy milk and whip it up until it's nice and smooth then add whatever else to it. I find if I don't blend it up first I end up with little bits of cottage cheese in my smoothie which I find unpleasant.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    I like mine on a baked sweet potato as a meal. YUM!
  • nikkihk
    nikkihk Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    In Lasagna.

Tastes good with Scrambled Eggs too.
  • FlatTummyTrish
    FlatTummyTrish Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    On toast, on rice cakes, on crackers, ryveta biscuits, on anything really :) Loove cottage cheese!
  • kerryforward
    kerryforward Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese with sliced strawberries and a sprinkle of Splenda.

It's delicious as a side dish with spaghetti (it's kinda like ricotta).

It's also awesome with applesauce swirled into it. I tried that recently and loved it.

Other than that, my favorite fruit to eat with it is pineapple. But any fruit (especially canned fruit) will do. Sweet or savory, doesn't matter. It is a creamy, salty wonder food!
  • dwm2112
    dwm2112 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    With a spoon :smile: Just kidding. I usually eat cottage cheese for breakfast, so mostly I add fresh strawberries, banana, peanut butter, oatmeal, wheat bran. (No I don't use all of those at once!)
  • qtfrog99
    qtfrog99 Posts: 25
    Options
    There is a post in the recipe section called Oatmeal Cottage Cheese Pancakes, they are so good and they fill you up.
  • neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    With a little strawberry preserves. Ahhh-mazing!!!!
  • 1948sixty
    1948sixty Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Have added it to my morning smoothie...adds additional protein and makes smoothie nice and creamy. Also will mix with a can of tuna in place of mayonnaise.
  • kitza101
    kitza101 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I scoop it up with apple slices. Good stuff!

My lunch today is cottage cheese mixed with tuna, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, olives, cracked pepper and some cholula hot sauce, on crackers. Really yummy!
  • mijobuel
    mijobuel Posts: 3
    Options
    I am new to this site. Where is this recipe for the oatmeal cottage cheese pancakes? I havent seen any recipes.
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I love it with fresh fruits like cantaloupes, peaches, pineapples, or strawberries. Delish!