How do you eat your cottage cheese?

Options

Replies

• DontEatTheCake3
    Options
    And, don't eat stuff you do not like. No point in it. It is not like Cottage Cheese is a free food or a miracle food. Far to many great things out there to eat besides it. This topic makes me think it is like work!

I agree completely! However, I tried it and although its good while its plain, I was sure it would taste even better with other things added to it. As I said, I want it because of the protein. I've been super hungry lately, and the particular cottage cheese in my house right now is under 100 calories for 10g of protein, which is great in my opinion.
  • DontEatTheCake3
    Options
    I like mine on a baked sweet potato as a meal. YUM!

That sounds delicious. Making note of this one!
  • DontEatTheCake3
    Options
    sometimes with fruit (especially pineapple- yum!), sometimes with just lots of fresh cracked black pepper and sometimes with a bit of catalina salad dressing mixed in. That might sound gross, but it's sooo good!

That DOES sound good. I'm going to have to try pineapple, I'm seeing that a lot on here. Thanks!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,617 Member
    Options
    Pineapple and cottage cheese is yummy. Or I add some no sugar added peach chunks from those single serving dealies. Or just cinnamon, splenda and vanilla flavoring.

I just tried mixing some flaxseed in the other day and.....no.
  • WattsJA
    WattsJA Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Try different brands. I eat it just plain with a spoon (and have been since I was a child) .. BUT there are only certain brands I like.
  • jsmith30030
    jsmith30030 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Great ideas here - I'm more of a savory fan so I make this:

2% cottage cheese - add sliced green onions, about 1 tbl chopped walnuts, a splash of Worcester sauce and lots of black pepper. Eat that in a bowl or even better - stuff it into a homegrown tomato
  • miniimuscles
    miniimuscles Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    With Salad Supreme seasoning. Omnomnomnomnomnom
  • strive2behealthy
    strive2behealthy Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    In the morning I love dicing up peaches and apples and having it with cottage cheese.
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    - Base for protein pancakes
    - Salt&pepper
    - Coconut sugar, cinnamon, strawberries, almond butter
    - Add protein powder
    - Alfredo sauce by pureeing with cauliflower, parm cheese, LCL cheese wedge
  • aGabrielle2015
    Options
    Mixed with a tablespoon of apple butter. so yummy.
  • momxs2
    momxs2 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon, dry cranberries and walnuts!!

Love it!! Enjoy!!
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Avocado, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, little sea salt & cracked pepper :)
  • kmvs2015
    kmvs2015 Posts: 4
    Options
    with pineapple or homemade cranberry sauce. Yum!! Peaches, cinnamon applesauce, mandarin oranges(canned in water no added sugar):heart:
  • Sharonmdenham
    Sharonmdenham Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I plan on incorporating cottage cheese into my diet since it's a good source of protein, and I'm just wondering, how do you eat yours?

Plain cottage cheese is just weird tasting in my opinion, so does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks! :)

I love it with pickled beets not mixed in just on top or next to it so every bite can have both flavors.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Full fat knudsen with salt and pepper and saltine crackers.
  • louisefranks
    louisefranks Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have full fat with pineappe (nicer texture) and put it on a nairn's cheese oat cake. I eat a low carb high fat diet though, so it's not for everyone. The weight is dropping off though, so I must be doing something right :)
  • peanutbutter_runner
    peanutbutter_runner Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I like mine with a spoonful of salsa. Takes care of salty cravings :)
  • sadiebea25
    Options
    Pico de gallo, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Sometimes with chopped up cucumber added. Very filling!
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I plan on incorporating cottage cheese into my diet since it's a good source of protein, and I'm just wondering, how do you eat yours?

Plain cottage cheese is just weird tasting in my opinion, so does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks! :)

I love it with pickled beets not mixed in just on top or next to it so every bite can have both flavors.

Oh, why didn't I ever think of that?!
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Bump for reading at home. Need ideas 'cause I'm tired of just mixing it with different fresh fruit.