whats for dinner tonight?

Options

Replies

• Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Salad, Ziguenerschnitzel, spatzle, red cabbage. For dessert I am making angel food cake with sweet red wine and blackberry sauce.

Ziguenerschnitzel sounds delicious--I just Googled it and bookmarked the recipe.
  • SuperC_85
    SuperC_85 Posts: 393
    Options
    Got a big old fat Rump Steak to put on the braai tonight.
    Not sure what's going with it yet, probably some potatoes and salad nom nom nom
  • SuperC_85
    SuperC_85 Posts: 393
    Options
    It's Friday right? BEER !:drinker:

Oh yes and this! lol already logged it in!
  • Lola2248
    Lola2248 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm leaning towards peri peri chicken and rice and salad.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I decided on chicken fried rice. Not terribly creative but terribly easy at least.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Crock pot chicken with brown rice and green beans.
  • Amandawith3kids
    Amandawith3kids Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    lasagna. and garlic toast probably. YUM. mom is browning the beef now for the sauce and it smells SO GOOD
  • Keeta83
    Keeta83 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Mussel pasta in a white wine sauce....Mmmm can't wait!
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Chicken and feta stuffed manicotti with a spicey red pepper marinara sauce.

I'll wash it down with a nice red wine and follow it with something chocolatey
  • cweaver1981
    cweaver1981 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Crockpot turkey meatloaf and salad...I might even splurge on a baked potato if I have enough calories.
  • AusAshMommy
    AusAshMommy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I'm in the Friday Night = Pizza Night group, been a tradition to hit the same Pizza place every Friday night for 2+ years!
  • ninav1980
    ninav1980 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    well, I wouldnt call this cooking.... but..... Im making turkey hotdogs wrapped in reduced fat cresecent rolls, mustard for dipping.

Very low calorie..... first time to try, so not sure of taste, crossing fingers though!
  • sherbearee_
    Options
    I'm planning on making sloppy joes with some good old Ruffles. Watermelon for dessert.
  • tinkybell16
    tinkybell16 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Lean gammon steak cut into small pieces and boiled egg with a large salad, fat free dressing and a little blue cheese - it being Friday and all!!
  • pistachiopeas
    pistachiopeas Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Well, tonight is homemade pizza night. We make the dough from scratch using the Jim Lahey no-knead dough recipe. We make our own tomato sauce and then load with veggies and part-skim mozzarella. I'll do a kale salad on the side. You know what's a great resource for recipes? http://food52.com/ They also have columns dedicated to "dinner tonight" or cheap meals, etc. If you tell me what you like, I can suggest some easy recipes.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Oven roasted Brussels sprouts with bacon and lemon. Salad with mixed greens, Swiss cheese, nuts and berries. Haven't decided yet on the meat.
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Cooking spaghetti for the family and have a chicken salad with some cantaloupe ????
  • kellylee6887
    kellylee6887 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Cilantro Lime Shrimp with low fat oven baked Onion Rings and coleslaw. YUM
  • SPeffer1
    SPeffer1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I do always plan in advance, but Fridays are always leftover days. I'm so not excited about my dinner. But I'm having roasted veggies, soba noodles and black beans.
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    spaghetti bolognaisse