Bad, bad, bad

Options

Replies

• MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    On my worst days, I'd eat cookies for breakfast (not just a couple, 1/3rd-1/2 a box), have a huge deli sandwich with chips and soda for lunch, snack on more candy or cookies in the afternoon, stop for snack cakes and milk or an ice cream sundae on my way home, eat a calorie laden dinner and follow it up with one or two big glaasses (like 3-4 cup size) of coffee brandy and milk.
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    a whole pint of Ben and Jerry's Toffee Heath Bar Crunch in one sitting. I could still do it today, but I don't. yeah, I so could.
  • KariOrtiz2014
    KariOrtiz2014 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Eating 3600 calories in a day without thinking twice!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    that is all
    Caramel+Apple+Grilled+Cheese+Sandwich+with+Bacon+500+4075.jpg

Not enough Bacon for me!

See if this helps...

2d1kcjr.jpg
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't think I was THAT crazy with my eating habits before consciously trying to improve them. For me it was more a matter of ignorance and poor choices rather than binges or huge portions.

The biggest thing is probably drinks like Starbucks, I thought of a grande white mocha as being just a bit more sugar and calories than a regular cup of coffee from home. So wrong! Or milk...I still like milk, but in the past a serving of milk for me was about 16 oz or maybe even more. I never thought of 1% or 2% milk as being high in calories or something to watch out for.

I also used too much cheese on stuff I made. I always aimed for it to look like restaurant lasagna or restaurant Mexican food...which meant dumping like 2 cups of cheese on whatever I made to split with my ex-husband. Not even realizing I was consuming about a CUP of cheese on my alfredo pasta which already has a lot of fat.

Yesterday for lunch I had a beef & bean frozen burrito from Aldi, not the healthiest thing but they are tasty from time to time. I topped it with a ton of shredded lettuce, 1/2 chopped avocado, and a TBSP of salsa. It was delicious and around 470 calories total for a very filling lunch. About 4 years ago I used to have those a lot...I would have had 2 of the same burritos and topped with shredded cheddar, light sour cream, sliced black olives, and 1/2 cup of Spanish rice. EASILY 1,000 calories. That blows my mind.
  • candifeola
    candifeola Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    This post made me so hungry
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I really didn't have a weight problem until I was in my late 30s because most of my jobs before then were very active, so eating an entire Red Baron pizza or a Big Mac and a chocolate shake wasn't an issue. It became an issue when I stopped moving so much (thanks to an 8-5 desk job) and quit smoking. So I don't tend to eat that stuff anymore. But I still eat a lot of foods I enjoy, just in moderation. I don't think I could use moderation with a Big Mac. I think I would eat the whole thing. Immediately. So I don't buy them anymore. Sigh
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Napping when I got home from work, then popping some frozen food in the stove and laying around on the couch all evening. My problem wasn't food, just too much vodka and laziness.
  • SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    The girls and I used to go out for "Fatty's" on Monday nights. Nachos, extra cheese, (no meat), extra sour cream, extra guacamole. And then after that the White Chocolate Brownie... it's probably about 4 servings in one, and had ice cream and chocolate sauce and whipped cream. All washed down with several cokes. At about 10pm.

Now I am sawing logs at 9pm because I'm up to go to the gym @ 4:30am!!! Still occasionally do the nachos, regular cheese and salsa... but I rarely see the same girls I used to do that with... because I went and got all crazy n' stuff. :bigsmile:
  • carinthea
    carinthea Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    A girly evening in with my niece. She can eat what she wants at the moment because she is 13 and incredibly active (dances 6 days a week)...we would get a DVD/hire a film from Netflix, buy Doritos and dip, a pizza from Pizza Hut (deep pan Margherita with double cheese), a 500ml tub of ice cream each and a couple of bags of sweets and eat THE LOT in the space of a couple of hours. Easily 4/5000 kcals in an evening. :(
  • crazymama2both
    crazymama2both Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Nothing comes to mind. But now I want a cheeseburger.

RIGHT?! *kicks rocks*
  • ImpishVanity
    ImpishVanity Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Seconds.... and sometimes thirds.... haha
  • foreveran27
    foreveran27 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Drinking soda and eating to the point where I could barely move :/
  • corgarian
    corgarian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I used to be able to put away a pint of ice cream and still have room to snack. Now i can barely get through half of one, and I always feel like poo after.
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I want a grilled cheese. I want one really bad. I want it right effing now.

I always have the fixings to make one and when I feel that way I give it. Its not that many calories for the food fix and I simply make room for it. Yummmm.
  • fificrazy
    fificrazy Posts: 234
    Options
    I was just thinking of how just four months ago, I would eat three grilled cheese sandwiches (double cheese) in my bed before I went to sleep. What do you remember doing before you started MFP and how it would make you cringe today?

... Eh that is a bit cringey....
    a whole pint of Ben and Jerry's Toffee Heath Bar Crunch in one sitting. I could still do it today, but I don't. yeah, I so could.

Technically, it is only 2 cups of ice cream... Eating a pint is pretty standard! I mean, not when you're trying to lose weight, but for anyone who's maintaining that's definitely not very cringe worthy....
  • tishthom
    tishthom Posts: 2
    Options
    Soda pop and sugary energy drinks--all day, everyday. And from January up until recently (two weeks ago), I would have a dessert with almost every meal. Tater tots were another weakness.
  • beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Bought a pepsi and snickers bar from the vending machine almost every day when I went to work. I knew it was bad for me but going to work at 5:30 almost every morning made for a sleepy employee, enter Pepsi. Then I always wanted to workout after work (I worked at a gym) and would be starving because the apple just wouldn't cut it, so I started eating Snickers to stifle the hunger. My workouts didn't always undo the damage I did and sometimes I never made it inside the weight room or to the treadmill.

While I still do this from time to time, It's not as often and it usually fits into my calories.
  • fercar3000
    fercar3000 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    This post made me so hungry

at least I'm not the only one who got hungry by seeing those pics LOL
  • Point202
    Point202 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My weakness has always been sweets and chocolate that people bring into work. I couldn't eat just one cookie or piece of candy. No I would revisit the lunchroom easily 6, 8, 10 times a day to get "just one". I shudder to think about how many extra calories I was eating on days like that.