Bad, bad, bad

Options

Replies

• Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Drinking gallons of sugary soda and sports drinks each week. Regularly eating big 1,000+ calorie / 50g + of fat / 2,000mgs of sodium laden pasta dishes and burgers at chain restaurants.
  • BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Can barely consume 1300 calories of chicken and vegetables when I use to consume 4000-5000 calories a day. I look at the food I use to consume and become nauseous. If I consume even a portion of what I use to I become ill for days. My body has changed what it craves and its nice not to be consumed by food anymore.
  • williamshl10
    williamshl10 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I got another one I thought of. A footlong cheesesteak sub with double meat and double american cheese and with nacho cheese drizzled on top with sauteed mushrooms and onions and Leroy's Sauce. One for lunch and one for dinner, yep :)
  • Modern_Warrior
    Options
    I think it's now time for my healthy snack! :)
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Late night cereal. Sounds harmless enough right? Except that the bowl I used held at least 3-4 cups of cereal, and I filled the milk to the brim. Then, when the cereal was gone there would be milk left so...I'd add more cereal to finish off the milk with. Easily 800-1000 calories worth of cereal in one sitting. And that was a "snack".

When I order a pizza these days, I get a small pie. That's it. SOMETIMES a small soda. I used to get a large pie, with toppings, plus a cheeseburger and fries or onion rings, and an order of hot wings. Plus a 2 liter of coke. I lived alone. All the food was gone by morning. Wow, it makes me kinda nauseous to think about that.
  • ScorpionQwean
    ScorpionQwean Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Eating large portions - pastas w/ a ton of cream sauces and cheese, not exercising, ... nacho's loaded... Arteries were screaming at me to stop... I feel so much better, I think and remember stuff alot better now that I do the complete opposite....
  • williamshl10
    Options
    Can barely consume 1300 calories of chicken and vegetables when I use to consume 4000-5000 calories a day. I look at the food I use to consume and become nauseous. If I consume even a portion of what I use to I become ill for days. My body has changed what it craves and its nice not to be consumed by food anymore.

I love how you worded this. This was my objective of the post, to show how we don't let food rule our lives and how we can look back and find something we used to not be able to live without and see it in a whole new perspective. How we our training ourselves to become more accountable for what we eat, how we are still enjoying what we love, but are being wiser with our choices. Thanks!
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Too much soda and bowls of ice cream as big as my head while watching TV at night. Now I'm basically off soda except when we splurge for 5 Guys, and I eat my Ben & Jerry's in human sized portions. :) For me there's no bad food, only bad portions.
  • msthang444
    msthang444 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Uh... i could literally eat a whole loaf of french bread and not feel bad about it.
  • WJS_jeepster
    WJS_jeepster Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    that is all
    Caramel+Apple+Grilled+Cheese+Sandwich+with+Bacon+500+4075.jpg

Are those APPLES in the grilled cheese?
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    5-6 Dr Peppers a day, lunch consisted of fast food, ex: double cheeseburger, large fries, and since I was already drinking a Dr Pepper, I would just get a strawberry shake. 2nd's at dinner time.

Now I pick healthier places to eat at lunch or bring my own from home. Like today, I grilled chicken breasts last night and threw a couple extra on the grill for my lunch today. I drink sobe water, crystal light packets in water, and 0 calorie monster energy drinks and a lot of water after my sweaty workouts.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    I would eat a huge tub of So Delicious cookie dough & brownie soy ice cream every. single. day (or the caramel brownie type one) & before that when I was vegetarian it was a tub of Presidents Choice peppermint bark chocolate fudge ice cream or Chapmans Gourmet ice creams ...every single day..like im not joking every day

I would eat massive bags of ketchup chips every day , fries , pasta,candy,chocolate bars , also id eat tonnes of oreos and peanut butter and cupcakes most days too
  • msthang444
    Options
    Bought a pepsi and snickers bar from the vending machine almost every day when I went to work. I knew it was bad for me but going to work at 5:30 almost every morning made for a sleepy employee, enter Pepsi. Then I always wanted to workout after work (I worked at a gym) and would be starving because the apple just wouldn't cut it, so I started eating Snickers to stifle the hunger. My workouts didn't always undo the damage I did and sometimes I never made it inside the weight room or to the treadmill.

While I still do this from time to time, It's not as often and it usually fits into my calories.

Girlfriend you and I woulda been best friends. Those are my two primary weaknesses. (drifting off into daydreams filled with 44oz big gulps and the corresponding free snickers....)
  • msthang444
    Options
    Drinking soda and eating to the point where I could barely move :/

OMGosh... I've been there. Swollen stomach and still wanting to eat more...I hate to admit this... but I went out to dinner one night and ate so much I went to the bathroom and threw it up (not on purpose... I was really loving the food)
  • williamshl10
    Options
    Late night cereal. Sounds harmless enough right? Except that the bowl I used held at least 3-4 cups of cereal, and I filled the milk to the brim. Then, when the cereal was gone there would be milk left so...I'd add more cereal to finish off the milk with. Easily 800-1000 calories worth of cereal in one sitting. And was a "snack".

When I order a pizza these days, I get a small pie. That's it. SOMETIMES a small soda. I used to get a large pie, with toppings, plus a cheeseburger and fries or onion rings, and an order of hot wings. Plus a 2 liter of coke. I lived alone. All the food was gone by morning. Wow, it makes me kinda nauseous to think about that.

Cereal is still my guilty pleasure :) I used to use a mixing bowl because those stupid cereal bowls aren't big enough! Now I use the right bowl, still 2 servings (1 serving is still unrealistic, to me ), with unsweetened almond milk. I know the pizza nights too. Loaded large pizza with a hot sub. You apparently can't have just a pizza, right? So proud of the cutbacks we can make and still live. I enjoy MFP more and more everyday :)
  • pghfitgirl
    Options
    Fast food, entire big meals (burger and large fries, half a pizza, etc.) with a giant cup of soda....

Well, I still eat fast food. Just not so much. I mean, who can live without French fries or pizza every now and again????
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go with the OP and talk about in-bed type stuff, but nothing exercise-related (wink)...

I remember, after a night of many beers and shots, taking that last tall boy into bed with some chips and candy bars, watching old Simpsons DVDs. Nothing wrong with The Simpsons, but after what was probably already a gut-busting evening, I'm sure the extra calories weren't helpful to my big, humongous butt.
  • babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Eating a whole bag of Doritos in one sitting. Usually was shared with a friend, but still. :sick:
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    I used to drink soda like crazy! I would have a little coffee in the morning, then after that it was nothing but coke. I still have one every now and then, but not like I used to.