MFP Encourages "Convenience" Nutrition

Options

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I like convenience foods. They are convenient.
    Reality encourages convenience nutrition.

harry-and-hermione-high-5.gif
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    I don't find it hard at all to log fruit and veg.
  • MrJThomasEsq
    MrJThomasEsq Posts: 144 Member
    Options

I find that I make better logs when I have enough fruits and vegetable (and sufficient water).
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

I find that I make better logs when I have enough fruits and vegetable (and sufficient water).

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I pre-apologize for what is probably a mischaracterization of the topic on my part, but...

My intuition just tells me this is kind of just another I-don't-like-tracking-it's-all-about-quality-not-quantity threads, just in a slightly different disguise.

We just might have a winner here, folks!!
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else fell like this site lends itself to prepackaged foods and/or commercial dining? It's easier to get nutritional information from those sources but you're really doing a disservice to your health!

I think MFP is what you make it. I started 360 days ago and have never eaten anything that just could be scanned with a bar code, plus I do not live in the US and log a-typical stuff and still never had any problems.
    I think we all need to take responsibility. If for example there is any disservice done to your health it is done by you and not MFP:
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    It's the nature of convenient foods to be, well, more convenient.

Mind. Blown.

45822-Keanu-Bill-and-Ted-whoa-gif-Yr7D.gif
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    OP had been here for almost THREE YEARS...made this incendiary post, and then deactivated.

Was this just some kind of final hurrah on her way out the door?

If so, well done, OP...well done. :drinker:
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Does anyone else fell like this site lends itself to prepackaged foods and/or commercial dining? It's easier to get nutritional information from those sources but you're really doing a disservice to your health!

And that's what this whole weight loss thing is really about, isn't it? Doing what's easy.

MFP doesn't encourage me to do anything. It's a tool. How you use the tool is up to you.

Silly to quote the main topic. Of course that's what you're replying to.

LOL

Someone makes a post where in closing they say, "How you use the tool is up to you."

OP criticizes post for quoting OP essentially saying that they're using the forum tool incorrectly.

:laugh:

Don't ever change, MFP.

Don't. Ever. Change.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    *looks at grapefruit she's having for a snack*

Well. I suppose it was convenient. Just had to peel it, weigh it, and head out to the porch to nom.

WAYT DOE.
    DID U WEIGHT DA GRAPEFROOT B4 YOU PEELT IT OR JUX DA PART UNDR DA PEAL?

Irrelevant.

It was a grapefruit, not sweet potatoes...

...er, I mean, SWEAT PERTATERZ.

Totally different approach.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else fell like this site lends itself to prepackaged foods and/or commercial dining?
    No.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I pre-apologize for what is probably a mischaracterization of the topic on my part, but...

My intuition just tells me this is kind of just another I-don't-like-tracking-it's-all-about-quality-not-quantity threads, just in a slightly different disguise.

We just might have a winner here, folks!!

I was thinking that, or a good old-fashioned "I need someone else to blame because I ate eight burritos from the gas station last night" posts.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Nope... I totally disagree. I have never had any trouble finding any raw/USDA official entries in the MFP database. I don't eat very much packaged food, and MFP worked great for me.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Totally disagree. Many have no clue about macros before joining this site. It's also very difficult to fill your diet with prepackaged foods if you're actively tracking sodium. Haven't heard of any other weightloss plans/diets or websites that help with this.
  • Teenie71
    Teenie71 Posts: 52
    Options
    No, I dont think they encourage this at all, in fact, the exact opposite. That's my opinion anyways.
  • angdpowers
    angdpowers Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I don't feel that way at all -- actually never.

I key in everything on the computer (no scanning with phone) and really, no one is going to "encourage" me to eat prepackage stuff. I mean, they can try (ie tv, radio, magazines) but meh, using MFP or not, its the persons choice.

But yea, I've never had a problem finding good/accurate nutritional info on here for all my fresh produce & meat/poultry/fish.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Not at all. MFP doesn't make my food choices for me. In fact, it makes it easier for me to count the calories in things I cook for myself.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

Yes, "convenience" food is easier. By definition.

^THIS.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Obviously MFP is in cahoots with all the evil processed "big food" conglomerates and secretly they are brainwashing people to eat fast food and frozen dinners. Wake up and smell the Waffle Taco people!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Yes, 100% This is the reason I no longer log my food. When you eat a variety of home prepared foods from whole ingredients this site is not user friendly for logging meals.