What do you miss the most?

Options

Replies

• avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I miss French fries and cheese. Not that I can't or don't still have them, but I miss the ginormous quantities and frequency with which I used to have them. Alas.
  • scraver2003
    scraver2003 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    My weekend binges of watching movies with bags (yes, multiple bags) of potato chips, cheetos, corn chips, vats of french onion dip, quarts of ice cream, and huge quantities of chocolate. Now *THAT'S* how you reach 325+ lbs at only 5' tall.

There was great comfort in getting lost in that food and passing out in a food induced coma........

OMG. We used to have what we called "Fat Sunday". Our friend would come over and join us. We... well... we don't do that anymore. I don't miss the bingeing. (How DO you spell that?) I miss having my friend over on Sundays and us all watching TV and relaxing together. We still hang out - just not every Sunday.
  • kerndog87
    kerndog87 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I don't miss any food in particular, but I miss being able to just stop thinking about calories for a night. When I go out to a bar I can't help but enter every drink I have for the night, it was a lot more fun to just let go and forget about it for a night. Maybe when I get closer to my goal I won't feel so anxious about having a night to just let it go and have fun.
  • applecheeksaz
    applecheeksaz Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Double stuff oreo's I just don't buy them because i will eat the whole bag sad but true.
  • slimbettie
    slimbettie Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    An entire huge slab chocolate (family size), balanced out with a party size pack of salt and vinegar chips and washed down with huge glasses of soda. :blushing:
    Have not binged once since I started here in May last year though.
  • fpelletier
    fpelletier Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Not much really, I eat pretty much everything I did before in smaller portions and what fits in my calories for the day.
  • don666car
    don666car Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I MISS MY BEAST FRIEND SHE WAS A CO-WORKER SHE USE TO BE AT MY SIDE DAILY NOW I ONLY SEE HER ONCE OR TWICE A MTH MISS YOU JACQUI
  • hope19862000
    Options
    I gave up cola for lent but I'm going to try and stay off it for good, I miss the fizz :(
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    My ignorance about my portion sizes. Now I'm like WUT? :noway: And gobs of cheese on my food. I love cheese. :love:
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I MISS MY BEAST FRIEND SHE WAS A CO-WORKER SHE USE TO BE AT MY SIDE DAILY NOW I ONLY SEE HER ONCE OR TWICE A MTH MISS YOU JACQUI

my fav post today, just sayin'
  • amykay9377
    amykay9377 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I miss the mindless gorging/binging. On a Saturday, having a huge breakfast, then vegging out on the couch with a huge bowl of popcorn, then a bag of chocolate, then maybe some ice cream, and of course a big dinner of fried food (like chicken fingers and french fries), and then more junk for dessert. I always felt like *kitten* after a day like that, but now that I don't do it anymore, I miss it sometimes. I still get the idea on Saturday that it's Fat Couch Day, but I never do it, or do it in extreme moderation (i.e. just a bag of popcorn, then I get up and do laundry or something).
    Oh, and recovering nicotine addict here - 7+ years, I don't miss that at all! Even in the most stressful of situations, I want food before I want a smoke.
  • kk_140
    kk_140 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I miss eating what I baked. I still bake every Friday night like I have for years, but now I have 1 treat instead of 4 or 5 of them. There was just something really special about making something with my hands and skills for my friends and family and then consuming something delicious with them all without any thought of how many calories is in one.

Plus now if I bake a cheesecake from scratch and it turns out perfect, I just cut a tiny sliver and then have to deal with everyone saying things like: It's a special occasion, come on have all you want.

No one realizes that if I do this every Friday it is no longer a special occasion lol.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I don't miss anything as I still eat the foods I used to, just not in stupid portion sizes and not everyday.

Everything in moderation.
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Nothing, I make sure i get it to fit into my day when I want it.

I miss all you can eat buffets and that is about it.
  • kk_140
    kk_140 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Oh, and my favorite pizza. Stuffed crust pepperoni pizza with extra cheese from Pizza Hut. I used to eat 4 slices in a sitting. 480 calories a piece! Now even when I ordered it for a special occasion, I couldn't enjoy myself; my mind was to stuck on the calories.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    I miss nothing, probably because I eat everything!
  • drangonfly2323
    drangonfly2323 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I miss eating as much as I want, even though I'd feel sick afterwards. I still eat everything I use to just smaller portions and not everyday.
  • Flowerbaby2
    Flowerbaby2 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    JoshD8705 wrote: »
    For those who have been working hard towards their goals, and who have had to give stuff up and make lifestyle changes, one question:

WHAT DO YOU MISS THE MOST?

Chocolate cake? Twinkies? Potato Chips and Dip?

I'll start. For me, I didn't miss the unhealthy food as much as I miss the cigarettes. I stopped smoking, which is a good thing. But I won't lie. I still crave them at least a few times a day. Even after a month of cold turkey.

I got a month of quitting smoking too. To prevent failure on quitting I have a 5 pack of 0 nic carts and a blu ecig w/charger pack sitting in a drawer. That way I have a safe way to relapse briefly.

To answer the topic I miss all you can eat buffets being taken as a personal challenge lol.

• AmigaMaria001
    AmigaMaria001 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Snacking while watching TV at night! Endless snacking until bedtime!
  • SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Well, I love cooking. And I really love cooking rich foods with butter, bacon, wine, red meat, pasta, cream. It's not even the eating of these foods so much as they are such an inherent part of my cooking style that when I am on track diet wise, I end up not being very interested in cooking. I'm trying to retrain myself in that regard, while still fitting in some of these indulgent meals.