weightloss pills that worked for you

Options
Ladies please share if diet pills work for you. And which ones.

Replies

• KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    The only thing diet pills ever lightened was my wallet.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Unless prescribed by a dr and you are monitored while taking them by the dr, you are on the wrong site. Miracle cures, magic pills etc, are not the answer. Doing a poll where you ask perfect strangers for pill reviews, it sounds like the perfect start to health problems :(
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    Weight loss pills do not work.

Eating well and moving more work.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Based on your posting history, it might be best if you took questions like this up with your doctor or a dietitian who could give you some guidance.
  • mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    H2O --- it doesn't come in pill form

Calorie deficit --- You can't get that in a pill either ...

Hmm ... maybe protein? No that's in chicken.

Well, sorry! No pills :)
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    they are about as useful as energy drinks... well a zero cal energy drink any way lol.

you will only burn body fat at the rate you create an energy defecit.

they haven't created anything that will actually increase the amount of fat your body will burn.
  • sblanch81
    Options
    I just did the Fat Flush diet. It was very helpful and i lost 5 pounds in two weeks and 10 inches.
  • melissamarah
    melissamarah Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I took diet pills briefly when I was in college, first Dexatrim, and then something I found online. Yeah, I lost a bit of weight, but it all came back almost immediately.

Here's a list of what I lost:

HAIR. Yep, clumps of my hair fell out in the shower. This was when I stopped taking them.

Sleep. My heart would race, I was jittery and irritable during the day. When I'd try to sleep, I'd only toss and turn.

Comfort. I had massive migraines with the Dexatrim. I also had pretty bad stomach pains.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I lost 75 lbs with the "eatlessmovemore" pill! Highly recommended! and never fails!
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Based on your posting history, it might be best if you took questions like this up with your doctor or a dietitian who could give you some guidance.

I read your post history too, Angel. I agree with the above post. Maybe there is something else going on with your metabolism. Taking diet pills generally dont work in the long run. Some can elevate your blood pressure or cause other problems. Check with your Doctor or consult a dietician.
  • DLo_122
    DLo_122 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    H2O --- it doesn't come in pill form

Calorie deficit --- You can't get that in a pill either ...

Hmm ... maybe protein? No that's in chicken.

Well, sorry! No pills :)

Perfect answer!
  • mlanders22
    mlanders22 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I lost 75 lbs with the "eatlessmovemore" pill! Highly recommended! and never fails!

Me, too!
  • Tristaan
    Tristaan Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Oh no you didn't! lol

Seriously though, stick with moderate exercise and good nutrition. Instead of spending the money on pills that will make you jittery and irritated until you fidget them through your system, spend it on a nutritionist or some personal training sessions. You'll have much longer lasting results. :)

Full disclosure though, Xenadrine RFA1 about 12 years ago. Not even sure if they still sell it. It contained ephedrine and made me jittery as heck. But I was in my 20's and thought that was just the sign of it working. I'm older and wiser now.
  • mckat08
    mckat08 Posts: 79 Member
    Options

How ironic, my doctor just put me on the same pill and it is really working well.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Simple answer is that there is no "magic" pill.

Consuming food and beverages at calorie deficit and moving more.

A method that you can sustain for life will work.
  • MystikPixie
    MystikPixie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    The original Metabolife worked wonders years ago. As long as you took it the way it states on the bottle you wouldnt have any troubles. But because of some idiot housewives who took a whole bottle in one day and killed themselves, they pulled it as unsafe. Best stuff ever. Never been able to find anything like it since.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Rider16-1.jpg
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options

Hi5! This one totally works!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I found a Boardman taken three times a week was very effective.

http://www.boardmanbikes.com/hybrid/hybrid_team.html