weightloss pills that worked for you

Options

Replies

• mereditheve
    mereditheve Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    There's a reason why every diet pill review says that it works great in conjunction with diet and exercise... because it's the diet and exercise part that works... not the pill.

Most importantly, be patient. The weight didn't appear in one day and you're not going to lose it in a day either.
  • jessilyn76
    jessilyn76 Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    diet pills are a crock..........i'm just in for the copious amounts of sarcasm that are about to begin!!!!
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    The original Metabolife worked wonders years ago. As long as you took it the way it states on the bottle you wouldnt have any troubles. But because of some idiot housewives who took a whole bottle in one day and killed themselves, they pulled it as unsafe. Best stuff ever. Never been able to find anything like it since.

Of course you were fine, you're a mannequin! Plastic science is different than human science.

Diet pills are the dumb.

Eat less, move more. Read this?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • FitForMe83
    Options
    Ladies please share if diet pills work for you. And which ones.

Most diet pills, unless prescribed by a licensed physician, are not regulated by the FDA and can contain ingredients that are harmful to your body in a number of ways, including, but not limited to, kidney, liver, and heart damage. There's no miracle weight loss solution, unless you consider diet and exercise a miracle. It's not fast or easy, but it's healthy and sustainable. And learning to live a life of healthy eating and exercise will enable you to keep the weight off in the long run.
  • angellll12
    angellll12 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Rider16-1.jpg

I workout in the morning and in the evening .......
    Intense workouts that leave my legs burning to the point where it hurts to walk.
    been doing this for months and not dropping pounds. My body sucks....
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Rider16-1.jpg

Intense workouts that leave my legs burning to the point where it hurts to walk.

Well, like weightloss pills, they work best with a good diet :)
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Rider16-1.jpg

Then you are not eating at a deficit..... weight loss is 80% what you eat and 20% exercise
  • 007sweetpea
    007sweetpea Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My running shoes :)
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Exercise burns a sadly small amount of calories when compared to the number of calories your body burns daily just to stay alive. That 300 calories you burn during a run compared to the 1800 calories or so that makes up your BMR.

Exercise is more about getting fit than aiding weight loss really. I mean it helps, don't get me wrong, but as other posters have said weight loss is about diet not about exercise. You can eat a couple extra pieces of fruit and "erase" the calorie deficit you got from an hour run.

Exercise is an important part of getting healthy though so I am not trying to say you should stop exercising, far from.
  • emacb123
    emacb123 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I don't eat more then 500 Cal's a day...but I'm short 5'2- I can't eat 1200 calories if I wanted that's too much for me.
    I cut out meats, and bad carbs such as bread and potatoes, chips, sweets.
    Pineapple, watermelon strawberries...and sometimes ill have a palm full of dried fibre cereal.
    Rider16-1.jpg

Then you are not eating at a deficit..... weight loss is 80% what you eat and 20% exercise

500 calories isn't enough food for a baby let alone a fully grown adult. Actually in my opinion 1200 calories isn't really enough either, even for someone who is 5'2. I'm not sure if you are actually only eating 500 calories or not but if you are doing that you are causing yourself tremendous harm and you need to stop, seriously.

Also there is no such thing as "bad carbs".

If you are eating nothing but fruit (sugar) and cereal (complex carb sugar) then you are subsiding on sugar only and are basically malnuroshing yourself in a way that your body must be desperately catabolizing your muscle at this point.
  • joan23_us
    joan23_us Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I don't eat more then 500 Cal's a day...but I'm short 5'2- I can't eat 1200 calories if I wanted that's too much for me.
    Pineapple, watermelon strawberries...and sometimes ill have a palm full of dried fibre cereal.
    Rider16-1.jpg

ANGEL you are doing it wrong eating that low of a calorie per day hoping to shed all the fat.... firstly you should address your metabolism be honest to yourself, if you do not have the "metabolic capacity" to coax the fat in your body you have to do something about it, please watch this 6 part series video it will open your mind about training and nutrition, all the knowledge you need.... I can only show you.... you will have to DO TO MAKE IT WORK....

part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAvW6xBZjSk&list=PLYdkxp9hJ4i58l583rJV7r2LMAiYFJ9gm

part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mic4IELz61w&list=PLYdkxp9hJ4i58l583rJV7r2LMAiYFJ9gm

part 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdFFrBByv-E&list=PLYdkxp9hJ4i58l583rJV7r2LMAiYFJ9gm

part 4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6wkDDnSKV0&list=PLYdkxp9hJ4i58l583rJV7r2LMAiYFJ9gm

part 5 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tp3ZIFKkLg&list=PLYdkxp9hJ4i58l583rJV7r2LMAiYFJ9gm

part 6 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWpKW7sxXPY&list=PLYdkxp9hJ4i58l583rJV7r2LMAiYFJ9gm
  • JulsiePie
    JulsiePie Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2"......I ate 500 calories for lunch alone.

Girl, you gots to eat! Seriously! Please please please! Go look through the success stories and see how they lost their weight!

No magic pills, just hard work and real food!
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    500 calories is entirely too low! I'm 5'1 and my intake ranges between 1400-1600, sometimes more. I weigh and log everything. I workout 5 to 7 days a week. I haven't cut anything out except full sugar soda and only because I'd rather eat those calories. I promise you, your body burns more then 1200 calories in a day. Even on my lazy days I burn about 2200 throughout the course of a day.
    I suggest you see a professional to help with your food intake.
    Rider16-1.jpg

• mrsfyredude
    mrsfyredude Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    diet pills are a crock..........i'm just in for the copious amounts of sarcasm that are about to begin!!!!

^
  • Illini_Jim
    Illini_Jim Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    "Heh heh, Heh heh, Heh heh, Heh heh, Heh heh, Heh heh, Heh heh,”
  • sunshine4040
    sunshine4040 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have taken Ripped fuel before. I did lose, but I know it was more the fact that I was eating next to nothing, and constantly on the go. I DO NOT recommend them. I took them because I worked night shift, and needed the energy they provided, plus I was lifting weights at the time also, and it helped with that, supposedly. Can't really say if it truly did or not. However, I will say, the only thing that works for long term is watching what you eat, and exercise. Most diet pills leave you jittery, and with a rapid heart beat. I actually have a cousin who has permanently damaged her heart due to diet pills.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Really? There is no magic pill. Just hard work, motivation and healthy eating.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    There's a reason why every diet pill review says that it works great in conjunction with diet and exercise... because it's the diet and exercise part that works... not the pill.

Most importantly, be patient. The weight didn't appear in one day and you're not going to lose it in a day either.

Exactly!

All of those liars claim the same thing and give people a false sense of security. It's the exercise and proper diet that causes the weight to drop and not that garbage they produce.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    I've used phentermine, but it's not a "diet pill", it's an appetite control pill. The pill doesn't lose weight for you. You still have to get to the gym & sweat. The pill just makes it easier to eat reasonable (healthy) portions.

It was so surprising and _wonderful_ the first few days I took it - I was not hungry!!! :bigsmile:
    I've never felt jittery or keyed up, never had trouble sleeping, nothing bad has happened.

I've had it for 2 months now, and I think my body has pretty much reset its hunger thermostat, which is what I expected / hoped would happen. Even on the days I don't take it, I'm rarely hungry.

My doctor said that usually it's taken for 2 months, then the person is off of it for a month or two, because of concerns over blood pressure, so I'm expecting to be on my own for at least another month.

But now that the hunger trigger has been set to a more normal & healthy level, I don't anticipate much of a problem, if any, with my appetite during that time.

However... I have been steadily losing 1-2 lb per week while on it; this last week when I haven't taken it, I've stayed level or gained a couple pounds, even though I've increased my exercise to 45-55 min on the elliptical every day, and 25 min of weightlifting at least every other day (sometimes every day, depending on how I feel). As I said, _you_ have to get to the gym & sweat.

So there's no magic pill, but there are things that can help you achieve your goal.
    Good shoes can help you be more comfortable while you're walking, or doing whatever other cardio exercise you choose.
    A food scale & measuring cups can help you learn portion sizes.
    Phentermine is something that can help you control your appetite, learn to eat reasonable portions, and potentially reset your body's hunger mechanism. But you have to see a doctor.
    It's a tool. The good or bad, success or failure, depends on what you put into it.