eating

Options

Replies

• stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Lol. You are missing something special. I think pb is awesome with just about anything but with apples is super awesome! :)
  • Emi1974
    Emi1974 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I eat the bulk of my calories at night :noway:

I wish I could ditch the habit
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    If I am hungry, I eat. If you are using MFP to track, make sure your settings are correct. Most people are not sedentary and should start with at least the "Lightly Active" option. Also, don't try to lose too much too soon. Setting your weight loss goal to 1 or 1.5 lbs. a week will give you more calories to eat as opposed to trying to lose 2 lbs. per week with less calories allocated. Eat plenty of fruits and veggies along with drinking plenty of water.
  • 12bfree
    12bfree Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Sugar free chewing gum and a tall glass of lemon water will normally subdue my late night hunger pangs.
  • Int3rceptor
    Int3rceptor Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Lol. You are missing something special. I think pb is awesome with just about anything but with apples is super awesome! :)

Right then - I'll give it a go!
  • BigVeggieDream
    BigVeggieDream Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    I began to notice I would get hungry about 10-11pm at night, so I started going to bed at 9pm and I don't eat late anymore.
  • Natmarie73
    Natmarie73 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I do most of my working out at night and afterwards am usually a bit hungry but I don't sleep will on a full stomach so usually will not eat after 4.00 in the afternoon. If I'm a bit peckish I will have a protein bar after my workout and lots of water. I eat the bulk of my food in the mornings.

I have never ever woken up in the middle of the night hungry coz I like my sleepy time too much.
  • nikkihk
    nikkihk Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm not losing like I should because I eat at night.

X calories a day are still X calories a day no matter if you eat them at 8 AM or 10 PM. They don't gain special fat building powers after 8PM. Just eat when you are hungry and stay in your deficit..
  • 24lol25
    24lol25 Posts: 49
    Options
    I do all the time. I just yell in my head, " DON'G DO IT! PLEASE DON'T CHEAT NOW!!!" Lol
  • SharonNehring
    SharonNehring Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I believe the "secret" is to pick nutritious foods when eating late. When I'm tired, I'm more likely to go for chips than carrots so
    I try to plan ahead and select something before it gets to that point. I also know I like a late snack so I plan for it and save back those calories to make room for it.
  • AlishaRutledge25
    AlishaRutledge25 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Something I do is save some of my calories bc I stay up late. Around 10pm im starting to get hungry again, so I got these personal bags of popcorn. They are 100 calories a bag. So then I'm tied over till I go to sleep. They have them at wal mart for $4-5 for 10 bags. Hope that helps!
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    When I get hungry at night I eat.

Me too

I always have extra calories leftover so it makes it easier to eat anytime I desire. I tend to eat the bulk of my calories later in the day.

Edit: Notice you are eating 1260 calories or less... might want to up those calories so your body and mind do not feel so deprived. That may help you feel less hungry. :wink:
  • KaHam6
    KaHam6 Posts: 36
    Options
    I always try a full glass of water first and if I'm still hungry I too save up some calories at night for a snack. Although on days I work out I always feel like I've had plenty to eat. Since obviously the more you burn the more you can eat.
  • ncscott11
    ncscott11 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Cereal with unsweetened coconut milk is a great night time snack for me. It's still somewhat sweet (and I'm not talking full sugar cereal) but not that full of calories. Or popcorn...but I'm a popcorn addict :)
  • Hitesc
    Hitesc Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Eat.
  • IndyMode
    IndyMode Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I like to eat at night while watching tv or reading right before bed, I usually eat fruit, like cuties(my favorite, they are like candy) or grapes, or a cut up a variety(mangoes, strawberry, kiwi, grapes, bananas) and eat a bowl of fruit salad. I get my sugar fix, it's filling and I still have my bad habit of eating in front of the tv. lol Also I think about how much I will regret it in the morning if I give in to eating a bunch of junk food right before bed.
  • murdledoe
    murdledoe Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I log all 3 meals in the morning and allow for a snack. I need my snack in the mid afternoon, but because I had pre-planned ahead I know I can have it without going over my goal.
  • phantasmagical
    phantasmagical Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Any chance you'd be willing to share the pumpkin pudding recipe? It sounds delicious! :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    I eat at night....

I usually have a snack around 3 or 4 and then another one around 6 or so and I eat dinner around 8 - 8:30 and then desert. I eat breakfast, but it's usually pretty small and I eat a decent lunch...but really, I prefer to just eat from about 3:00 on to bed time.
  • tiger_striped
    tiger_striped Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I like to sleep late in the mornings then stay up late at night, so I often skip breakfast, have a light lunch, then fill up at dinner and save plenty of calories for evening snacks. Fruit and chocolate! That's my idea of a diet. :)