Looking for 40 ish people

Options
Yikes!! I contribute more and more things to my age these days. One of them is weight!!

I'm looking for friends!!

I'm a middle school math teacher, getting married in December. I'm the up and down dieter, who needs to make real changes this time!!

Please friend me!!

Replies

• kimmerd37
    kimmerd37 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hello and Welcome. I have also been an up and down dieter for my whole life. I decided in 2014 to make the change. I told everyone that 2014 was my year. I am 46 and welcome new friends. Anyone feel free to send friends request.
  • sapicsr
    sapicsr Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am 49 and never really dieted however over the past 7yrs I put on 30lbs! Yup the 40s have not been good to my body and I would like to get close to where I use to be before I turn 50. I have no one to blame but myself as I enjoy my wine that I make. Friend request are sent, I log on here daily. Look forward to sharing the journey with you and any others who want to be MFP friends.
  • beckylou66
    beckylou66 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Becky, I'm turning 40 soon (September), I log on most everyday and am supportive when I have time to be and if I don't I don't say anything. I'm not a fan of the thoughtless "atta boys" or whatever. I would love to have some new friends .... beware though.... at the moment I am eating low carb, so if you don't like my choices please don't add me.

Please add me :smile:
  • teelynn35
    teelynn35 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm 46 and trying to hard to become stronger. I struggle daily with junk food cravings. Trying to cut way back on red meat. That one is HARD!!! Anyways, I'm on here almost daily. Feel free to add me :)
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I wish I'd seen this 20 years ago. :laugh:
  • Darcie45
    Darcie45 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'n 45 and have been up and down with my weight since I had my children (now 17 and 19). I log on every day and love to have new friends!
  • erikarobles
    erikarobles Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    ADD ME:)
  • GrrrlX
    GrrrlX Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    42 now and put back on 20 lbs of the 30 lbs I lost 12 years ago with WW. Add to that low thyroid, creeping cholesterol and care taking of my MIL with Alzheimers. Trying to put on muscle and get fit for the upcoming motorcycling season which starts this month! :)
  • mssstazzz
    mssstazzz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello :)

I'm forty and getting married in December too! On 12-13-14 :D
  • celesteoglesby
    Options
    Hi, I am 49, been on a weight loss, healthy living lifestyle for many years. Highest weight 222.5, right now I am 122. I struggle daily. I welcome friends.
  • family_girl2626
    Options
    Add me if you wish. I am looking for 2014 to be my year as well. I have working on reaching my goal for almost 2 yrs now, however have lost some of my motivation. Accountability is a huge thing and more friends might just help me as well . Good luck.
  • carolynwilkans
    Options
    Story sounds soooo similar :) I am 48 and never, ever needed to watch anything I ate until about 5 years ago. Now I look in the mirror and notice the 20 extra pounds that have snuck up on me. I am six feet tall so no one seems to have noticed but my girlie figure has definitely gotten curvier. Just joined the gym two weeks ago. This long Canadian winter has been awful :P
  • Dyann_Alvarez
    Dyann_Alvarez Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Oh! You crazy kids! Just wait - you go to bed at 49 and wake up 50 and it gets BETTER! Just kidding. It really does get harder to lose. If I had only listened to my mother...
  • PlayBall5
    PlayBall5 Posts: 125
    Options
    I am 46 and would like to find some friends which I have more in common with like age. Anyone please ADD me!! I log every day and check back hourly. I am in this for support and motivation. I am looking for friends to support me back. ADD ADD ADD me!
  • FlyersGirlrc
    FlyersGirlrc Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm soon-to-be 42 and new to MFP. My highest weight was 286 and I lost 60 lbs doing WW. I have since outgrown WW, gained back 20 lbs before joining MFP. Now I'm back on track and looking for others who share the same interests and goals.
  • lisadalton71
    Options
    43 here and have the same issue as many of you. Up and down my whole life. I am looking to make some good life style changes so it doesn't creep back on like it has so many times before. Some days I seem to remember this goal other days........
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I'm just about to turn 46, and I'm a preschool teacher. I fooled myself for years, telling myself that all the moving around I do while teaching my class was enough to keep the weight off. And it did pretty much keep it in check for a long time. But in my late 30s, the metabolism changed and I got lazy and the weight piled on. I've been on this site for a year and a half and I love it.
  • LJDaye
    LJDaye Posts: 69
    Options
    Hi, I am 42 and I recently put back on 20+ pounds of the 45 I lost a few years ago. I moved across the country and used it as an excuse to get lazy and slip back into my old ways. I became a grandmother at 40 and I am determined to be a healthy, fit and active Nana! Feel free to add me!
  • Brat442014
    Options
    Hi, you can add me as well.
  • jenmom2myboys
    jenmom2myboys Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I am 42 soon to be 43. I log on every day. Add me.