PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME WITH CARBS

13»

Replies

• jmv7117
    jmv7117 Posts: 891 Member
    I think you're getting all your carbs from fruits and veggies which seems good to me! As long as it's not from white breads and sugars you should be fine:)
    Why are white breads and sugar bad? We can't lose weight if we eat them?

While white sugar (aka refined sugar) gets a bad rap and many of us avoid it for health reasons, sugar can be problematic when trying to lose weight for two reasons. First, it can trigger cravings. Second, sugar just like sodium causes fluid retention that masks weight loss. So you can lose weight but may not notice it or it may be harder to lose weigh due to cravings that cause you to eat more than you should.
    I'm not talking about individuals with medical reasons.
    So basically what you are saying is that it comes down to lack of self control not that they are "bad" for us.

No, I'm not saying anything about self control or even labeling white breads and sugar as bad. I am saying they can be problematic especially for weight loss. I personally avoid them for other health reasons not weight loss but I do think if someone is having problems losing weight, added sugar is one nutrient to minimize.
  • changing4life
    changing4life Posts: 193 Member
    I thought this said CRABS?! I was gonna recommend a salve. . . .

LOL
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Open your diary so we can check and help you out.
    Not going over Carbs is hard...I've been doing it for over 580 days now.... I could help.

Carbs is almost everywhere..... taking the good ones,leaving the bad and go for more veggies and lean meat is the key.
    More protein,less carbs. Depending what's your goal...Someone who's bulking will go the opposite way lol. All depending.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,147 Member
    I think you're getting all your carbs from fruits and veggies which seems good to me! As long as it's not from white breads and sugars you should be fine:)

While white sugar (aka refined sugar) gets a bad rap and many of us avoid it for health reasons, sugar can be problematic when trying to lose weight for two reasons. First, it can trigger cravings. Second, sugar just like sodium causes fluid retention that masks weight loss. So you can lose weight but may not notice it or it may be harder to lose weigh due to cravings that cause you to eat more than you should.
    So basically what you are saying is that it comes down to lack of self control not that they are "bad" for us.

No, I'm not saying anything about self control or even labeling white breads and sugar as bad. I am saying they can be problematic especially for weight loss. I personally avoid them for other health reasons not weight loss but I do think if someone is having problems losing weight, added sugar is one nutrient to minimize.
    You said sugar can trigger cravings. So that means the individual will go and eat things that are not planned or over eat foods. How is that not a matter of self control?
    I think the person means if these are around they have less or no self control.........it certainly is a self control issue and controlling trigger foods helps people with that issue.
  • jmv7117
    jmv7117 Posts: 891 Member

You said sugar can trigger cravings. So that means the individual will go and eat things that are not planned or over eat foods. How is that not a matter of self control?

It is a physiological trigger not a mental one.