any one lost 100lbs in a year, with out surgery?

Options
1235»

Replies

• jcmc99
    jcmc99 Posts: 27
    Options
    What is helping me lose? The thought of not being there for my children, like my parents have not been there for me, because of dying early in life and not taking care of themselves.
    What am I eating? I am on a low carb diet. Not NO carb. Just low. I have between 50-100 g of carbs a day. It is wonderful!!! It was hard for the first week or two. Then it was soooo much better!!! My energy soared!!! Makes me wonder what all those carbs really do to you. It is working. I have lost 20lbs in two months. And that is with taking one weekend a month for cravings. My dr. refers to it as mental health days.
    Odd benifit of my "days off" is that we realized how much better we felt when we were eating better. Hang in there!
    As for exercise, I am walking and taking some time to clean a bit harder for longer periods of time. It was fun to see that the exercise database on MFP had cleaning on it! It is about time! :)
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    bump
  • zognorf
    zognorf Posts: 13
    Options
    I've dropped 40 so far in 2010, and reset my goal to something even more ambitious (220 at 40, from 331 at 38). You can do whatever you set your mind to!

Train hard, expect success!
  • dj_stevie_c
    Options
    You are all so amazing and inspire me so much!:bigsmile: So I would like to ask you a couple questions. Did you change your diet immediatly or work into it? I am afraid of changing everything so drastically that it becomes a "diet" not a way of life. Esp. when my kids and husband fight me on some of the healthier choices and smaller portions I have put out there.:ohwell: Also, what was your choice of exercise? I struggle! I hate exercising and love sweets- bad combination!! So any advice you could give me starting out would be great!! I have about 140lbs to lose. I started at 280 and am now at 271 I am only 5'3" . I have bad knees and a low grocery budget so I try to eat smaller portions. I also hate to cook --so ya I need help. If any of you would like to be my friend and help "coach" me- I would love that!! :bigsmile:

1: Did you change your diet immediatly or work into it?
    - What I did was change the main diet, I dropped 'junk' in my diet and stuck to cooking for myself as much as possible (No, it's not always possible) even just watching what you consume and cutting down a bit can help. This site has been great in helping track where I'm going wrong. I kept a few 'things' like my soft drinks and I was snacking on 'quavers' (which is a low fat crisp type snack) but I've pretty much cut them out now, I find low fat yoghurt are now enough for my sweet tooth and I've subbed my coke for the coffee (though drink nowhere near as much)

To me the idea is to make the big changes, and then make the small changes as you feel comfortable. I still have the odd drink, the odd take out, but they are now rare instead of being the 'norm' like from before I started...

2: Also, what was your choice of exercise? I struggle! I hate exercising and love sweets- bad combination!! So any advice you could give me starting out would be great!!

Walking, Cycling and Gym work, with a bit of swimming thrown in. The thing is there's no point in doing something you don't enjoy, If your a member of a gym then look at their classes, try a few of them out, there's nothing more embarrassing than being the person at the back who doesn't have a clue, but everyone started there if you don't give something fair chance you'll never get anywhere.

If you have bad knees do not jog/run at least not at the start, I suggest you start with just doing a little extra walking. Think positive everything you do is paying towards your future. Swimming would also do you well (though not breast stroke)

Some other bits of advice I'd give.

Never look back and think "should have done, could've done" that doesn't help you, it never helps you. Always look towards what you will do later today, at your next meal, do a bit of planning, something positive for yourself, a swim, a walk somewhere. Learn to enjoy working out, if you have a music player get hold of something you like to listen to, stick it in your player and go for a walk

The rewards will come! Stay Positive.
  • ashleyinthestars
    ashleyinthestars Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I've lost 100 lbs in 2 years just by eating right (portion control, reading labels, using this website, and water water water!) and exercising! :) Most of it was this year, as I've lost 60 since January; I've still got about 70-80 lbs more to go, though.
  • rokikio
    rokikio Posts: 92
    Options
    I justed wanted all of you know how awesome you all are. You are an inspiration to all of us who are just starting this journey. Thank you for sharing your stories!
  • sandra80
    sandra80 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    october of last year i weighed about 350. right now i am at 247, so yeah it's possible. ticker below is based on start weight here.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!