Options
    tumblr_mi18d3sFQ61qd8ppoo6_400.gif
    lolwat

Edit: Doesn't have to do with marriage lmaoo
    You's a funny orange! :flowerforyou:
  • Perplexities
    Perplexities Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Have you ever been conflicted between choice A and choice B?
    Or C or D or whatever else other choice there is?

Well, something's come up.. And I'm conflicted right now.
    EXTREMELY conflicted. Feels as if the lines are blurred somewhere along the way and I just cannot, for the life of me, decide what to do!

How do YOU deal when you are conflicted about something that you just cannot shake?
    What helps you decide which route to go?? What is your thought process like?

Just looking for some insight here.

:flowerforyou:

Joined Dec 2013

Artist-2061029-bertstare_zps47ce8cee.jpg
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options

EXTREMELY conflicted. Feels as if the lines are blurred somewhere along the way and I just cannot, for the life of me, decide what to do!

How do YOU deal when you are conflicted about something that you just cannot shake?

Joined Dec 2013

Artist-2061029-bertstare_zps47ce8cee.jpg
    That wasn't the question, but hello again! :flowerforyou:
  • PixTheCupCakeDestroyer
    Options
    I generally take the path of least resistance, but I'm selfish and horrible, so I might not be a good person to listen to.

I do what I want, I sent Regret on a vacation with Guilt, I don't have time for either one.
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    Usually I make a pros and cons list and try to make decisions rationally rather than emotionally. Although it depends on what the matter is being decided. The deciding factor is usually what will make me happiest in the long-term.

Other questions I would ask myself:

- will anyone get hurt by this decision
    - who else will this decision affect besides me
    - what is the worst case scenario for either choice / what is the best case scenario for either choice
    - will either choice take a toll on my mental or physical health
    - what would i advise a friend who was facing the same dilemma

1) Oh, yes.
    2.) Unsure if the number is 4 or 3 at the moment, so quite a few people.
    3.) Ditto.
    4.) Definitely lol. The dread is huge with this one.
    5.) Love this question, will think about it, also. Thank you for your input!! :flowerforyou:
  • PghPensFan69
    PghPensFan69 Posts: 2,393 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mi18d3sFQ61qd8ppoo6_400.gif
    lolwat

Edit: Doesn't have to do with marriage lmaoo
    You's a funny orange! :flowerforyou:

:smooched:

Well if this conflict has nothing to do with your love for me, I've got nothing. :grumble:
  • sdbeachbum
    sdbeachbum Posts: 664 Member
    Options

If there's a gut instinct I would go with that :flowerforyou:
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    I generally take the path of least resistance, but I'm selfish and horrible, so I might not be a good person to listen to.

I do what I want, I sent Regret on a vacation with Guilt, I don't have time for either one.
    Lol, I can't be selfish. I was never selfish, even as a child.
  • GertrudeHorse
    GertrudeHorse Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    1) Oh, yes.
    3.) Ditto.
    5.) Love this question, will think about it, also. Thank you for your input!! :flowerforyou:

Are these people you care about? Is their hurt something they can recover from? Obviously it's ideal to avoid hurting people where possible, but sometimes short-term hurt is inevitable and you just need to cause it and move on with things. Especially if it's something like ending a toxic relationship. Sure the other person will get hurt, but you the long-run positivity outweighs that imo. But, yeah, difficult to say without knowing more specifics (which I won't push for - sorry if that sounded like it!). Anyway, it might help you to make a decision tree listing potential outcomes and risks for each choice. Also be aware that dread is normal and feeling dread doesn't mean you're making a bad choice. Anxiety about big decisions is very common, so spend some time pondering if you have the luxury of time. Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • coretemp
    coretemp Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    process of elimination of each weighing factor until faced with A or B then choose in favour of which one tips the balance of scale however slight the margin
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Vague post is vague. I need deets, toots.
  • Perplexities
    Perplexities Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Usually I make a pros and cons list and try to make decisions rationally rather than emotionally. Although it depends on what the matter is being decided. The deciding factor is usually what will make me happiest in the long-term.

- what is the worst case scenario for either choice / what is the best case scenario for either choice

1) Oh, yes.
    3.) Ditto.

Hopefully you're not contemplating what I think you are.
    If you think I'm right in my assumption, PM me.

Either way, it sounds like it's all in your head, and I'm sure you'll figure it out on your own.
  • Sinisterly
    Options

1) Oh, yes.
    3.) Ditto.

Hopefully you're not contemplating what I think you are.
    If you think I'm right in my assumption, PM me.

Either way, it sounds like it's all in your head, and I'm sure you'll figure it out on your own.

You've made this thread more srs than it needs to be o.o
    Srs.
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    1) Oh, yes.
    3.) Ditto.

Are these people you care about? Is their hurt something they can recover from? Obviously it's ideal to avoid hurting people where possible, but sometimes short-term hurt is inevitable and you just need to cause it and move on with things. Especially if it's something like ending a toxic relationship. Sure the other person will get hurt, but you the long-run positivity outweighs that imo. But, yeah, difficult to say without knowing more specifics (which I won't push for - sorry if that sounded like it!). Anyway, it might help you to make a decision tree listing potential outcomes and risks for each choice. Also be aware that dread is normal and feeling dread doesn't mean you're making a bad choice. Anxiety about big decisions is very common, so spend some time pondering if you have the luxury of time. Good luck :flowerforyou:
    Yes, a couple of them are. Hmm, perhaps it is anxiety that I've got, figured it would be best to weigh out options, though. Maybe think things through better before acting upon them. Always seems to work best.

process of elimination of each weighing factor until faced with A or B then choose in favour of which one tips the balance of scale however slight the margin
    Yup! Planning on doing that with the list that vj suggested on the first page. Just so many things come into play, it's scary haha.

Vague post is vague. I need deets, toots.
    I know, I'm sorry lol. A little.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I typically will go through the pros/cons of each choice and decide that way. Sometimes, I just go with my instincts. 90% of the time, I end up making the right decision.
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options

When I have a decision like this to make I do one simple thing, I ask myself honestly what is the best decision for me and I answer it honestly. You know in your heart what the right answer is you just have to believe in yourself and trust yourself.
  • SymphonynSonata
    SymphonynSonata Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Which guy can you live with forever? If this isn't romantic, just name the two choices. A is Brad, B is Tom. Which dude is better? Or just figure a way to do both options. Think long term repercussions rather than instant satisfaction.
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    Which guy can you live with forever? If this isn't romantic, just name the two choices. A is Brad, B is Tom. Which dude is better? Or just figure a way to do both options. Think long term repercussions rather than instant satisfaction.
    Lol, woah, way to assume.
    It's not about two guys hahahaha.
  • Sinisterly
    Options

When I have a decision like this to make I do one simple thing, I ask myself honestly what is the best decision for me and I answer it honestly. You know in your heart what the right answer is you just have to believe in yourself and trust yourself.
    Trusting myself is not the issue, trusting one of the people involved.. Yes.
    Changing their minds day after day, not giving straight answers to things asked, etc.
    Takes a toll on someone and makes them iffy about "doing the right thing"..