rudest thing anyone has ever said about your weight?

Options

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Lately I have to say being called "skinny" dammit I am not skinny and don't want to be called it because its toatly against what I am aiming for. I am sure they mean it as a compliment but ... that means bones showing to me and that is gross. I am going for healthy and fit with some muscles.

***Its rude to blurt out anything related to physical attributes in my opinion. ****

I don't go calling people sickly or fat or comment on their outfit choice for the day, etc. But hey people need mouth filters a lot.

And yet you don't have a problem calling someone who's bones may protrude out more than others as gross.

Yeah, the irony in this post made me laugh.

I was out for a walk one day and had a water bottle in the pocket of my hoodie. Some woman in a car at the lights yelled out "you're too f**king young to be knocked up!" I stopped dead, looked at her and said "I'm 33, married, and not pregnant you ignorant d!ck". She rolled up her window and started straight ahead until the light turned.
  • denise9997
    Options
    I have gotten the "Are you due?" question and had people touch my stomach. Complete strangers touching me! I told them to shut up and back off. I also can't have kids so insult to injury. People can be complete and total MORONS.
  • tuxedord2
    tuxedord2 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    woops
  • Bellodesiderare
    Bellodesiderare Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I had a few comments here and there when I was bigger, but it's worse now that I'm healthy. I have been asked, "Wow. So did you do crack or was it meth?" I've been told, "Well, you've got to start eating again at some point." Um, I eat 5-6 times a day..it's just healthy most of the time. "You exercise too much; you're obsessed." "You have no boobs." <-- This one bothered me a lot because the girl who said it KNEW this is something I'm insecure about. I coulg go on and on about the snarky things people have had to say since I decided to get in shape.

Lucky for me I am very sarcastic and have the tendency to fire something completely over-the-top back at an insulting person. The girl who commented on my boobs says to me last week, "I would offer you a piece of toast, but you can't eat bread." Me: "I can eat bread; I just don't want to be fat." All the while she was sitting there, all fat. It was glorious.
  • tidefan1784
    tidefan1784 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My mom, herself being morbidly obese as well, told me when I was about 7 and didn't even have a weight issue that I had three fat rolls when I slouched once in the tub. One thing that irks me is the polite way of saying you put on weight: 'you look great! How much weight have you lost?' Knowing full well they know and recognize you've put on a good 40 pounds since you saw them last.
  • ChelseaHotel2
    Options
    At my current weight, 130 ish, an ex was talking about how attracted he was to me and then said "It surprises me because I'm normally not attracted to plus sized girls." I was just like.... I'm 132 and a size 6.... I mean....
  • elizabethroyce10
    elizabethroyce10 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Its interesting/ how cruel people can be. With weight its like acceptable to be rotten according to our society... apparantly
  • cm4ccd
    cm4ccd Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    "for a fat person you sure don't sweat very much."
  • soinfinite
    Options
    In June, my ribs popped out of place to the point where I couldn't breathe. I thought I was having a heart attack, so I called 911 and they sent an ambulance to my house. Everything was fine until I was laying in the hospital bed, and the doctor told me I should really consider trying to get rid of some of my extra weight. Which wasn't rude at all, but it was definitely hard to hear. It was my wake up call, though!
  • Jesmoko
    Jesmoko Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I was in a hospital for mental health failure...reasons and the nurses were having a bit of a laugh at the sight of me shirtless on the table. I'm sure I was a sight, but that kinda stuck with me.
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    My sister (who isnt particularly a nice person but is wealthy and super skinny)... told me when I was around 24.. that she read a great article that made her think about me. It was about EMOTIONAL OVER EATING..... Yeah, I hung up and called my other sister bawling my eyes out and called her a few choice names. 10 years later... we still aren't close. Shocker! The other sister and I are best friends!
  • kaderbeke
    Options
    From age five my dad called me "bertha belly".
    Girls in high school called me "mushroom".
    I could go on for days.
  • NikiaSue
    NikiaSue Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    About 6 yrs ago after my 2 kid.
    I quit junk food and sodas and walked a lot.
    lost the weight pretty quickly.
    I had someone insinuate I was on drugs.
    Which I was not.

Life in a small town
  • harmar21
    harmar21 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Guess I live in a nice neigbourhood. Rarely ever get called things even at 350. I am also 6' maybe helps.
    Meanest thing I can think of was in school, someone put a paper on my back saying "Caution Wide Load". I just rarely let stuff like that bother me though.
  • Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I've posted this on here before when the thread was older. Figured I'd repost.

1471343_234831456684297_446107727_n_zpsb98adbdc.jpg

A group of my coworkers did this at one of my old restaurant jobs. They tore out a piece of a kids menu and colored it in with my name and everything, posted it in the kitchen =/ I laughed it off, but it was very hurtful, especially since it was a group effort. I started out at over 400 lbs and have been obese my entire life so I've had my fair share of mean comments and actions thrown my way. Don't ever think that what you say or do to a person won't stick with them after you're gone, that's not always necessarily true. I've had this picture for 8 years. It used to depress the crap out of me when I was younger, now I look back on it and I'm just glad I moved past that part of my life and don't allow poisonous people around me anymore.

*BIG HUGS*

My highest weight was 400lbs as well, and I'm SO proud of you, for how far you've come! Way to go! Shame on them, for being pieces of ****! People never cease to amaze me. It took me years to realize that people who make fun of others for their weight, looks, or anything else, judging a person before they're getting to know them as a person, whether they have a good heart, their intentions towards others are good, likes/dislikes, ect, these people are insecure, and have issues with themselves. It has nothing to do with me, and everything to do with them. As much as the ****ty things they've said to me in the past might've hurt and pissed me off, I just feel sorry for them, now. I realize what a hollow existence they must live to care so much about such trivial things, instead of the things that really matter in life.

As for what's been said to me, I've had the classic: "You have such a pretty face", and "You'd be so beautiful if you lost weight", I had one doctor look at me and say, "Wow! What a body mass!", I think I weighed maybe 250lbs at the time, and the saddest part of all, I was going to him for Phentermine. Needless to say, I didn't go back.

I agree with some others who were talking about that they'd had even more problems since they'd lost weight. I realize this is a contradiction of sorts to what I said, but I genuinely can't help but feeling honked hearing this constantly. Either when seeing people out, or with a photo posted on Facebook, I'll often get messages from people (majority men), about how I "grew up to be so beautiful", and that I'm "simply stunning", and all this other bull****- which is code for- "you're not fat anymore, it's a shame your married, I'd go out with you now." Yes, of course, I realize it is their problem, their loss, and I'm a hell of a lot better off without ANY of them, but it's just insulting. So, yes, I know that's a walking contradiction there, but I did allow that to get under my skin a little.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I have had some exhausting conversations since I hit my goal weight. Now let me preface this by saying I have been 150-170 for a long time. People are used to me like that. Before gaining weight I was 100-110 until I was 35ish. I am petite by nature, and am only 5'2" tall.

So over the past few weeks or so I have gotten a lot of strong reactions from people seeing me for the first time in years, some in just 6 months or so.

I am 118 lbs. Most of the men I ran into said "WoW you look awesome!" and hung around to discuss diet and exercise.

EVERY woman has said something derogative except the one healthy weight friend I have since childhood.

"Oh wow, you are so skinny, do you have.........(whispers) cancer?"
    "You have lost a LOT of weight!! (no compliment) You know at our age we need some fat to make us look younger"
    "OMG did you stop eating??? You are so scrawny!"

OH and the one who said "Oh you are so thin, shame you have no boobs now!"

I finally asked a guy I know that is a straight shooter if I looked 'sickly'. He looked surprised and told me NO I look healthier than I did in my 20's or 30's. Keep doing what you are doing honey!

I wonder if it is a feeling of lack of self confidence on the females side? Jealousy? Envy? Or are they just not HEARING how hurtful their comments are?
  • spookyface
    spookyface Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    The worst I would say is the fat word scattered thru out my life maybe 5 memorable times.
    At age 13 my dad, "Be the fattest girl in your class!"
    Age 16 a classmate, "is your boyfriend fat?" ( I was a size 14)
    Maybe my 30's an Older relative, "I didn't recognize you,you got so FAT!
    Maybe age 40, my son's classmate, "Where's fat a**!
    Maybe age 58, my mom, "I was crying cause you're so FAT!"
    My heaviest I was 220. Could be worse right?
    Anyway somebody should write a book about the right way to encourage others to loose instead of rude comments.
  • ChipChocolatePancake
    ChipChocolatePancake Posts: 77 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Wow, there's some really awful stuff in here. OP, I really hope you're not with the guy who told you that he didn't find you attractive anymore.

For me, the worst is something my dad says like a broken record: "When I was your age, I had a 28-inch waist, and your mother had a 23-inch waist, so clearly *this* (gestures at my stomach and hips) isn't genetic..."

Well, dad, now you're twice my weight and diabetic, so how's that for karma?
  • Dex_
    Dex_ Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Not the "rudest thing" but prit f=%!@!% rude, don't you girls just hate when people say "big girl"? It makes me want to commit an act of violence.
  • OhReally42
    OhReally42 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    The rudest thing I've had done to me was from someone who claimed I was their best friend for years. When I was around 14 I weighed 125 which is the perfect weight for my height and she weighted about 10-20 pounds lighter than me but is taller. Even as I've gained weight I've always worn the same sizes for certain articles of clothing and she in fact wears the same size. In the middle of mall when I was showing what I bought she yelled "How the hell are you the same size as me!" Most embarassing moment ever.

She constantly made small remarks on how I looked and things I did, how I ate. Any way to pick on me, she would. I had no other friends at the time so I took it all with a tub (yes a tub) of salt. After a few years of gaining mass amounts of weight,complacency and health issues getting the best of me, I decided to kick myself into gear and start my weight loss journey. She was and is still the same size she's always been but she decided that she all of the sudden needs to lose 30 pounds. I bought a stationary bike and she had to buy one. I stopped talking to her about things that I wanted to do for myself because she would continue to 1 up me.

She to this day, about a year later now, posts about how she's 105 pounds and she's lost so much weight and how she didn't even do anything to lose weight and how its so offensive that people think she is bulemic. I've thought she's bulemic as well for the pure fact that she is never active, eats more than most men, and some how has lost that 30 pounds.. Although I had the courtesy to not annouce this to the entire mall....

Needless to say I don't talk to her anymore, I just don't feel like I need someone in my life that makes me feel like less of a person and I just don't need someone who (unsucessfully) tries to flirt with my boyfriend,but thats a story for another day.