How much protein per day

Options

Replies

• J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    You're so brainwashed....
    You messed up. It seems you directed this comment at me. This should actually be directed at you. I'm, afterall, not the one advocating a lethal diet.

Hopeless...
  • ModoVincere
    ModoVincere Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    .6-.8g per lb of body weight will suffice.

Exactly what this guy said. There's plenty of research (real research, not funded by controversial industry or terribly done control groups) that you can get the same muscle building as 1g/lb.
    And for all those trying to spread high protein/paleo/anti vegan whatever....ill laugh at you in 50 years. It had been proven that low protein diets can increase health and longevity.

I'll be dead in 50 years because of all the red meat, butter, and sugar I eat. But go ahead and laugh at a dead person if it makes you feel better.

We will all be dead someday....it won't be because of red meat and butter. Sugar on the other hand has been shown to have rather deleterious effects and should be limited, but not excluded from one's diet.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    You messed up. It seems you directed this comment at me. This should actually be directed at you. I'm, afterall, not the one advocating a lethal diet.

actually you are, but you seem to be in denial of the fact because you think humans are herbivores and seem to ignore the reams and reams of scientific evidence that humans are and always have been omnivores, and that all species of great ape are omnivores and that most species of primate are omnivores and that herbivorous primates have smaller brains than omnivorous primates.

Seriously, if a zoo keeper fed chimps or bonobos the diet you're advocating for humans he or she would be prosecuted for animal neglect and cruelty.

Disclaimer: the above is based on this users past record around this forum, I have nothing against vegan diets that involve getting all the right balance of nutrients that humans need, i.e. imitating the nutrient profile of omnivores because humans are omnivores. With modern technology this can be done without including any foods that come from animals.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I'll be dead in 50 years because of all the red meat, butter, and sugar I eat. But go ahead and laugh at a dead person if it makes you feel better.
    I applaud you for at least admitting that stuff compromises your health. There are too many on this site who think that stuff is health promoting...

I believe she meant she expects to still attain the average life span for a female at this point in time, all the while eating red meat and sugar, just as I expect the same.

Please, please stop demonizing food.
    Who is demonizing food here? Please explain your ridiculous comment.
  • Rocbola
    Options

DYEL?
    No, i don't. Haven't in years. I should probably start, though.
  • Rocbola
    Options

Well from the looks of your profile pic you are advocating a lethal diet...you my friend do not look healthy! I will stick with my steak

Why? You don't want a pair of pythons like ole' Rocbola is showing off in his avatar? I hope you bought tickets... ;)
    How far can you ride a bike in a day? If i had put as much time into lifting as i have into cycling, i would have bigger arms. Large muscles come from a specific type of exercise and recovery program.
  • J72FIT
    Options

Well from the looks of your profile pic you are advocating a lethal diet...you my friend do not look healthy! I will stick with my steak

Why? You don't want a pair of pythons like ole' Rocbola is showing off in his avatar? I hope you bought tickets... ;)
    How far can you ride a bike in a day? If i had put as much time into lifting as i have into cycling, i would have bigger arms. Large muscles come from a specific type of exercise and recovery program.

You can't be serious...
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options

So you have crazy quads then
  • J72FIT
    Options

So you have crazy quads then

...from a specific type of exercise, groundbreaking!
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

You're so irrelevant. Everything you post.

OP makes a post wanting assistance with protein needs for athletic performance purposes, and you as your brainwashed vegan self post irrelevant and non-helpful information. Then, you decide to defend yourself with "Well.... I ride a bike bro".
  • Lofteren
    Lofteren Posts: 960 Member
    Options

Large muscles come from a specific type of exercise and recovery program.

Yes, and by "recovery program" you mean eating a ton of meat and dairy right?

Lol @ you telling me how to get big arms.

Even if you began lifting you wouldn't ever get big arms because you don't eat enough protein to build a significant amount of mass.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    did this thread go quiet because rocbola put everyone arguing against him on ignore?
  • Rocbola
    Options
    Vegan bodybuilders report faster recovery than you who eat the wrong foods. I know i recover faster in the sport i choose.

Even if you began lifting you wouldn't ever get big arms because you don't eat enough protein to build a significant amount of mass.
    You wouldn't know, because you have never tried it. You believe what you have read without ever actually trying out a proper diet. Why do my quads grow when i exercise them on my diet? Is one muscle group somehow different from the rest of them?
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    I applaud you for at least admitting that stuff compromises your health. There are too many on this site who think that stuff is health promoting...
    As usual you do not address another of the other 20 comments telling you why you are wrong but instead comment on something barely related with an attempt to be witty.
    He has me and I'd imagine many of you posters that disagree with him frequently on ignore making his view of a thread a totally different ballgame. When you belive something as opposed to science that person can't afford to jeopardize that belief with science, it creates doubt, which is absolutely not acceptable, so don't ever expect any rebuttal with any real science and expect biased youtube or vegan sites as proof. His advice is generally totally useless to dangerous.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Rocbola, how do you feel about lean mass and body composition as it relates to health and longevity?
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Vegan bodybuilders report faster recovery than you who eat the wrong foods. I know i recover faster in the sport i choose.

You wouldn't know, because you have never tried it. You believe what you have read without ever actually trying out a proper diet. Why do my quads grow when i exercise them on my diet? Is one muscle group somehow different from the rest of them?
    lol.

We all know carbs are important for recovery, but thank you for this groundbreaking insight.

Vegan bodybuilders are also pretty damn small compared to their meat-eating, natural competitors. So there's that.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

lol.

We all know carbs are important for recovery, but thank you for this groundbreaking insight.

Vegan bodybuilders are also pretty damn small compared to their meat-eating, natural competitors. So there's that.

Hold on, someone is going to post a picture of Jim Morris, "vegan bodybuilder" who admits to roiding out of his mind while eating a meat-heavy diet the vast majority of his life.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options

OP makes a post wanting assistance with protein needs for athletic performance purposes, and you as your brainwashed vegan self post irrelevant and non-helpful information. Then, you decide to defend yourself with "Well.... I ride a bike bro".
    You are retarded!!! Seriously, thanks for the laugh!

Anyone that calls someone retarded should be posting elsewhere. Do you have any relative's with mental challenges? I do.

Reported.

Please leave this board.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

You are retarded!!! Seriously, thanks for the laugh!

This is all I can really muster up moving forward man.

Every single time i see you post... I am immediately reminded of this:

http://youtu.be/uq-v1TTUyhM