4/20 Easter

Options

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Totally LOL'd and told my older coworker why I was laughing. She is like what's the significance?! *Face Palm*

That's hilarious. Since my employer does background/credit checks in lieu of urine samples, I have an over-abundance of co-workers who completely understand the significance. :smokin:
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    So the InterNetz are a buzz about Easter falling on 4/20 this year. My only concern is that there could be a severe lack of 50% off chocolate the day after.

This, obviously, brought the Keanu Reeves meme to mind...

what-if-thumb.jpg

Is anyone else concerned about the post-Easter half-price candy? Other thoughts?

i love you....
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    I don't observe either one but I do love that at Red Rocks Amphitheater, there will be the annual Easter sunrise service and then Snoop Dogg plays in the afternoon.

It should be an epic day here in the city of Denver but I'm staying home. Going out for 4/20 is for college kids.

yea if your smoking as long as us then you don't go out much any more lol
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    To boot I will be in Colorado...
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    So the InterNetz are a buzz about Easter falling on 4/20 this year. My only concern is that there could be a severe lack of 50% off chocolate the day after.

This, obviously, brought the Keanu Reeves meme to mind...

what-if-thumb.jpg

Is anyone else concerned about the post-Easter half-price candy? Other thoughts?

i love you....

Awww, :heart:
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I don't observe either one but I do love that at Red Rocks Amphitheater, there will be the annual Easter sunrise service and then Snoop Dogg plays in the afternoon.

It should be an epic day here in the city of Denver but I'm staying home. Going out for 4/20 is for college kids.

Sure we do. I just do things that are MUCH more productive than standing around on Capitol Hill.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    In.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

Sure we do. I just do things that are MUCH more productive than standing around on Capitol Hill.

Is that where Denver has their 4/20 event? A friend of mine went one year and described it as being in a park...

In my city, there is no "college student" event at all. The college kids are pretty scared of losing their school funding, so they're the ones that stay home. There are a few local bars that hold special events on 4/20, mostly local music. We will probably stay home that day regardless, simply to save money.
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I'm not concerned about. I'm trying to AVOID Easter candy. (The price tag of over $1 for a cadburry creme egg really helps as well)

I know I will get some from my parents as they still give me an Easter basket so that will be my limit.

Now that's no fun at all.

Easter = Cadbury and Reese's

:smokin:

(ETA: and Peeps!)

But if I cave and buy, I buy to much and then I can't limit myself to a little amount of chocolate a day and then I'm over my calorie count for the day.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    y0XZjWg.gif
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options

Is that where Denver has their 4/20 event? A friend of mine went one year and described it as being in a park...

In my city, there is no "college student" event at all. The college kids are pretty scared of losing their school funding, so they're the ones that stay home. There are a few local bars that hold special events on 4/20, mostly local music. We will probably stay home that day regardless, simply to save money.

There is a park across the street from our capitol.

I'm 37 years old and I use legally when my daughter is away for the weekends. I'm happy it's legal here but hanging around a park with a bunch of doofy stoners is not my idea of fun. I'd rather go ride my bike in the middle of nowhere.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    The park is on one side of the street, and the capitol is on the other.

Pic i took from the park, of the capitol steps.
    24842_333682953169_1636703_n.jpg
  • NatiaGonitellie
    NatiaGonitellie Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m26rhilWAs1qf2gluo1_500.jpg

LOL to much of that bunny and you'll be cleaning out the 60% off candy in a 20 mile radius.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

There is a park across the street from our capitol.

I'm 37 years old and I use legally when my daughter is away for the weekends. I'm happy it's legal here but hanging around a park with a bunch of doofy stoners is not my idea of fun. I'd rather go ride my bike in the middle of nowhere.

I can't blame you there! The young ones can get annoying. I am 40 now, so yeah, mostly I stay at home and have fun with other grown-ups. I do go to the annual march we have here, though, to show support for the cause since we are still trying to change the laws here!
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    The park is on one side of the street, and the capitol is on the other.

Pic i took from the park, of the capitol steps.
    24842_333682953169_1636703_n.jpg

Sweet!

Our pics are all on Facebook, which is blocked at work, so I can't post any from here.
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    i live in NY. I once got busted with less then an ounce. its basically a speeding ticket.

I saw an episode of cops, they were in some southern state. Poor guy bought a dime bag from an undercover cop and the cop says 'you're going to jail, and we are confiscating and auctioning your car'.

wow.

I honestly think if peope had to use thier own experience and make thier own value judgments about what should be done with drug USERS (rather then rely on what society has deemed to be acceptable), most would conclude that there is probably a better solution to this problem then throwing people who are essentially ill into jail.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    i live in NY. I once got busted with less then an ounce. its basically a speeding ticket.

I saw an episode of cops, they were in some southern state. Poor guy bought a dime bag from an undercover cop and the cop says 'you're going to jail, and we are confiscating and auctioning your car'.

wow.

I honestly think if peope had to use thier own experience and make thier own value judgments about what should be done with drug USERS (rather then rely on what society has deemed to be acceptable), most would conclude that there is probably a better solution to this problem then throwing people who are essentially ill into jail.

I think even a ticket is absurd. For being in possession of dried flowers that contain the power to heal and bring your body into homeostasis?

Some people think the war against cannabis is wrong. Personally, I think it's a crime against humanity, especially for people who truly need it. We had a town hall meeting with our state rep last Saturday, who is in favor of ending prohibition. He stated that everyone in the Capitol knows that prohibition isn't working, but they are scared of losing their reelection funds from the corporations who put them in office. "We the People" is gone. The corporations run things, and the Supreme Court declared corporations to have the rights that only We, the People, should retain. It's not a "war on drugs," it's a war on people. :explode:

*sigh*

*steps down from soap box*

OK, time for gifs

murder_chart.gif

prohibition_thumbcust.gif

r20000728-drugs.gif

fd6f31804bd9fdc459c8891a9681c3d9791e4e370d9240cc5187f27541b48c58.jpg

WONPR.gif

He created it and called it GOOD!

Blaze+to+the+lord_20f301_5045130.png

AD8Ugmq.jpg
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    I did say a prayer that there will be at least one 6 pack of Reese's eggs for half price on 4/21.

XWy8lE8.png
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I'd be in but I'll be spending Easter with my parents so...

ETA : Actually, 20 will be on sunday so I should be home that evening. I don't like medicine before bed but it's Easter so... maybe in.
    I've already decided that this year the Easter Bunny will be hiding Zesty Cheese Doritos along with the Mini Eggs and Reese's Eggs.
    Cool ranch or get out!