I'm not even fat enough for weight loss surgery...

Options
13»

Replies

• AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    No *kitten*, the second I turned 31 a few years ago it all just stopped. My metabolism just completely went to crap

that's not how it works.
  • thedecuirs
    thedecuirs Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Does your insurance cover weight management? It's not the surgery, but meeting with a nutritionist and seeing a doctor who can look at your health from a weight loss standpoint might be helpful.

This is what my nutritionist advised, (but please seek your own health professionals information) : Eat within an hour of waking, eat six small meals of only fruit, vegetables, nutrition shakes with a healthy pre-portioned meal for dinner, and keep track of everything, paying attention to portion and keep calories above 1200 per day and below max calories for weight loss (which is different for each person), no fat or added sugar.

I think that was basically it. Again, please don't take this as advise, but simply what I have been advised to do. Good luck finding your own grove.
  • kuolo
    kuolo Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    If you're not losing weight you are eating too much, basically.
    Without your age, height, weight and daily calorie intake it is hard to give you proper advice. But if you're not weighing and logging every little thing that goes in your mouth that needs to be your starting point in finding out where you are going wrong.
    Even if your metabolism had slowed, all that means is you need to eat less. It doesn't mean you can't lose weight.
    If you spend a bit of time looking around these boards there is a lot of good advice to take on board.
    And imo time limited goals are setting yourself up for failure.