Am I the only one who does this?

Replies

• spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    I don't dress cute at all, though I guess I do pay attention to whether I clash when laying out my clothes the night before. I tend to wear old/non-stylish glasses that I don't care about getting sweaty.

The only thing that bothers me though is if someone is wearing cologne or hair spray (that I've seen applied in the locker room, just before a workout). The scent could really bother me if I'm near it.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Go to the gym in the manner that you feel most comfortable. If that means wearing heels, then wear heels. If that means sweatpants and a dirty tank top, then by all means, do it.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Going to the gym all dolled up like you're going to a photo shoot is stupid... That's like going to McDonald's, ordering a super-sized big mac meal and getting diet coke to drink. It just doesn't make sense.

but it kinda does if i need protein, fat, and carbs, but want to save on calories and sugar.

OP, there are other people in your gym?

Agreed. Also, I prefer the taste of diet soda over regular soda.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Going to the gym all dolled up like you're going to a photo shoot is stupid... That's like going to McDonald's, ordering a super-sized big mac meal and getting diet coke to drink. It just doesn't make sense.

Dress for comfort and get to work. Simple as that.

I do that regularly. Why would I order a regular coke and add 300+ calories, purely carbs, as opposed to getting the Diet Coke and meeting my macros? Your statement is asinine.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    I wear judgement and desperation to the gym. I look cute in it.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    I dress cute. I wear makeup. (I do not, however, wear heels.) I try to look my best all the time. So yeah, you'll see me lifting weights with a french manicure, or dripping sweat on my color-coordinated top and leggings. But I'm also there, 6 days a week. I work my *kitten* off, lifting heavy, HIIT training, for at least 90 minutes a day.

But as far as girls glaring at you for wearing baggy clothes, aren't you doing the same? Judging them for what they wear to the gym?

I can only suggest that you worry about the one person who counts when you're working out. And that's yourself. Don't worry about anyone else at the gym. They don't care, and neither should you.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Are you SURE you are the one being judged? I don't assume anyone really notices me let alone takes the time to judge my attire.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Hey everyone! Hope your day is going well!

So here is my thing,I do a lot of home work outs, so when I actually go to the gym, I go there to Get.Stuff. Done. I don't go there to flirt or hang out, I go there to sweat. And a lot. The thing is, I go to the gym at my university and it's filled with girls with their hair done all nice and cute, make up on, and some cute matching outfit (Once I saw a girl on the bike in heels. No lie) and they glare at me for having the audacity to show up in a baggy shirt and shorts with my hair pulled back out of my way and either in a messy ponytail or braid.

So my question is, am I the only one who does this? Should I start dressing up? Are the days of showing up at the gym to work out over? I could really use some feedback that Im not alone in this lol Do you guys get this too?

Thanks!!
    -Rachael
    Lots of people look mad or like they are 'glaring' when they are exerting themselves.
  • Again , i havent judged anyone. I just find it hard to believe you are really getting you sweat on with a ton of mascara. Again, i dont know how to make it any more clear. Im not talking about girls who have a little make up, i mean the girls who layered their eyes with everything in their make up drawer. How is that judging? I dont think ive said anything judging.

I think she might have snuck the heels in. The school is very lax and the people in charge only stay downstairs but all he equipment is upstairs so its pretty easy to get away with stuff. Its what happens at some places run by students who clearly dont want to be there.

And as for how i can tell they are glaring, most girls dont hide it. They will look me up and down and snicker or make a dirty face. I dont sweat a ton, not enough for it to fly. I dont breath heavy because i keep my volume down and when i start, i take a pause because i have asthma.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    I wear a bunch of mismatched clothes. Purple velvet kinda sweat pants. Sweatshirts (because my one pair of basic black work out pants doesn't have pockets), old t-shirts and tank tops.
    Congratulations, you're a guy. ;-)
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Shrug. I guess you should invest in a good waterproof mascara and eyeliner then. And some Urban Decay Up All Night spray. Your makeup won't budge, not if you're dancing the night away, or killing it at the gym.
  • I dress cute. I wear makeup. (I do not, however, wear heels.) I try to look my best all the time. So yeah, you'll see me lifting weights with a french manicure, or dripping sweat on my color-coordinated top and leggings. But I'm also there, 6 days a week. I work my *kitten* off, lifting heavy, HIIT training, for at least 90 minutes a day.

But as far as girls glaring at you for wearing baggy clothes, aren't you doing the same? Judging them for what they wear to the gym?

I can only suggest that you worry about the one person who counts when you're working out. And that's yourself. Don't worry about anyone else at the gym. They don't care, and neither should you.

I dont glare back. I just look away and go on with my day. So i dont see how im judging them.
    I had a best friend/ gym buddy who came with me and she always matched but she was clearly there to work. Those people dont bug me. Its the girl walking almost at a stand still that shoot me dirty looks while i run around the track (the track circles the whole gym).
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member

but it kinda does if i need protein, fat, and carbs, but want to save on calories and sugar.

OP, there are other people in your gym?

Agreed. Also, I prefer the taste of diet soda over regular soda.

Just wanted to add that I think Big Macs are kinda gross. I prefer this Wendy's burger with bacon and Asiago cheese.

ciabattabaconcheeseburgerpromo.jpg

And yeah, I'm probably buying either Coke Zero or unsweetened tea to save room for a frosty. *shrugs*
  • FitnessLover001
    FitnessLover001 Posts: 188 Member
    absolutely not!!!!!!!! I go to the gym to sweat like a pig. I am covered from head to toe in sweat and you can see it through my shirt. Those girls are just there to act like they like to workout, but they don't want to do too much to get themselves dirty. Why dress up?? or put on makeup? It's a GYM. You go there to work out and sweat. You're not supposed to look good in the gym. And if you do, you're not training hard enough.

Keep doing what you're doing :)
  • crazymama2both
    crazymama2both Posts: 195 Member
    my gym is down to earth but then again i am an in and out kinda girl cause im usually squeezing time in cause i'm so busy. with that being said however, the one girl that didnt have a bra on sorta freaked me the eff out. on a side note, i wanted to comment cause my girl loves the gifs and we can't tag people in these ... and seriously, no bra. *shudders* i was just concerned for her bitties...
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    I dress cute. I wear makeup. (I do not, however, wear heels.) I try to look my best all the time. So yeah, you'll see me lifting weights with a french manicure, or dripping sweat on my color-coordinated top and leggings. But I'm also there, 6 days a week. I work my *kitten* off, lifting heavy, HIIT training, for at least 90 minutes a day.

I dont glare back. I just look away and go on with my day. So i dont see how im judging them.
    I had a best friend/ gym buddy who came with me and she always matched but she was clearly there to work. Those people dont bug me. Its the girl walking almost at a stand still that shoot me dirty looks while i run around the track (the track circles the whole gym).

Next time smile and say "hi".
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Your gym allows people to wear heels?

Maybe it's a Planet Fitness?
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    I'm a staff member (phone jockey) at our local University... Oh my goodness.

If you think you feel weird imagine being over 30 and over weight!
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Shrug. I guess you should invest in a good waterproof mascara and eyeliner then. And some Urban Decay Up All Night spray. Your makeup won't budge, not if you're dancing the night away, or killing it at the gym.

There's a spray that makes the eye shadow stay on?
  • I dress cute. I wear makeup. (I do not, however, wear heels.) I try to look my best all the time. So yeah, you'll see me lifting weights with a french manicure, or dripping sweat on my color-coordinated top and leggings. But I'm also there, 6 days a week. I work my *kitten* off, lifting heavy, HIIT training, for at least 90 minutes a day.

Next time smile and say "hi".

Same can be said for them?