2011 - New Year, New Me (week 5)

Options
Our first "junk food" holiday is quickly approaching! What's you're favorite Halloween candy, and which one do you hate?

GL with all the weigh-ins this week!

Replies

• ilovecreg120809
    ilovecreg120809 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I LOVE lollipops and jawbreakers. I hate candy corn! and even though its not candy I love popcorn balls!
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    I'm not too big on Candy so no worries there just plz check in with me everyday when Thanksgiving roll around make sure I am not buried under Sweet Potatoe pies, Ham, Cornbread stuffing, Collards, Mac N Cheese, and all the rest that goes along with it that's going to be my big challenge!!
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    i'm down .2 this week to 209.4
    had to adjust my goals going forward because i didnt make october's goal of 206...new goal for nov 6th is 204.4 which is 5lbs...there are 5 weigh ins until then and i can lose 5lbs this month....i can lose 5lbs and then then maybe in November i can readjust again for december depending on my weight then....
    keep up the good work....post your weights and i'll update them on my chart and then post the chart since i havent done it since last week......

goals for this week....
    5workouts including 2 nights of c25k running after work
    follow planned dinner menu each night
    100+/- oz of water per day
    work on getting my calcium up and my sodium down each day
    get in my 65 squats and 65 crunches each day before i come up to bed so i dont have to "squeeze" them in before i crawl into bed
    get to bed before 11 at least 4 nights this week
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    i'm down .2 this week to 209.4
    had to adjust my goals going forward because i didnt make october's goal of 206...new goal for nov 6th is 204.4 which is 5lbs...there are 5 weigh ins until then and i can lose 5lbs this month....i can lose 5lbs and then then maybe in November i can readjust again for december depending on my weight then....
    keep up the good work....post your weights and i'll update them on my chart and then post the chart since i havent done it since last week......

goals for this week....
    5workouts including 2 nights of c25k running after work
    follow planned dinner menu each night
    100+/- oz of water per day
    work on getting my calcium up and my sodium down each day
    get in my 65 squats and 65 crunches each day before i come up to bed so i dont have to "squeeze" them in before i crawl into bed
    get to bed before 11 at least 4 nights this week

I really like your goals for the week, and I am sure you will accomplish your weight goal for October. I also do C25K, starting W2, I do on MWF, and 30 day shred on M-F.
  • vkpmusic
    vkpmusic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    As a kid I used to LOVE pixie sticks....flavored sugar in a tube!
    Now I love those little Hershey miniature chocolate bars!

I weigh in the morning. I swear I am hungry ALL the time the last couple of days and my sodium was OFF the charts today. We'll see what that does in the morning....

But, my goals for this week:

Regulate the sodium
    Pack meals the night before AND snacks so I'm not making it up on the fly.
    Go to at least one class at the Y this week to vary up my workouts and keep my body guessing.
    My goal for October 17th (which is when I lead my children's choir up in front of everyone is 157 lbs.
  • momtofour
    momtofour Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    hi guys im down another 1lb today, just weighed in, scales gone from 182.8 to 181.2 or 13st 1/4 lb to 12st 13 1/4 lb,
    hey i've reached the next stone range the 12's yey yey !!!!!
    :)
  • robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Well, I fell off the diet "bandwagon" this weekend. I am going to push back my weigh-in this week till wed, give my body sometime to get rid of the sugar bloat.

It was my husband's birthday this weekend, so of course we went out to dinner, to the bar, and I made him a cake. Good thing his birthday is once a year. :ohwell:

Well I hope everyone else did better than I did this weekend.
  • my2loves04and06
    Options
    Happy Monday all!

I wasn't going to weigh-in until TOM was gone, but I hopped on the scale this morning and I'm exactly the same weight as last week. I guess that's a good thing. I'm also guessing I'll be down a little once TOM is gone, which is an even better thing!

Feeling accomplishd this morning since I've already put away 2 loads of laundry, started another in the washer, started dinner in the crockpot and it's only 8:30. Guess I should workout a little since I'm feeling this motivated for a Monday. Oh, and to pre-burn off all my dinner calories. We're having bbq pulled pork sandwiches!
  • porterbaby38
    porterbaby38 Posts: 1,401
    Options
    last week: 164.2lbs.
    this week:162.8lbs.
  • vkpmusic
    vkpmusic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    159.0 this week, down .4 lbs, which isn't bad considering the week I had! I was expecting MFP to get me to update my goals but apparently I'm at 9.9 lbs! LOL! That elusive .1 lb before goal revision.
  • bluiz13
    Options
    i'm not a huge candy lover either so i think i'll be okay this month...my kids got a bag of the mini candy bars from my dad last month in the mail for their birthday and i think one night i had 2 mini bars with a cup of coffee for my night time snack but only cause i had the calories to use....we have soooo much candy in my house that my kids collect from goodie bags or holidays or whatever and i end up throwing it out cause they nor i just dont eat it......this is a good thing LOL...i like salty crunchy snacks though so gotta keep a handle on the chips and cheetos and such in my house to avoid binges.....
  • Brittany689
    Options
    Had a bad weekend once again eat way too much and didnt exersice I'm back up to 167lbs.
  • knh1123
    Options
    Hi all!!

Halloween Candy; Reese's!! My total weakness, during any and all diets!! I keep the reese's miniatures hidden, and usually have 2-3 of them when I get a craving. I love candy, a little too much, unfortunately.

Been doing OK lately.. discovered sugar-free pudding, only 60 cals!! :)
  • deewesash
    deewesash Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    182.6 same weight as last week! I've been super sick though...tired all week last week after my flu shot w/no motivation and now an upper respiratory infection! Can't get a break! I miss exercising!
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Things are going good with me and this round of the shred day 4 completed yesterday I dragged my hubby in with me and he pulled out his 20lb weights why was he sweating like crazy and I had to give him my 8lb weights before it was all said and done bumping me down to my 5lb weights LOL. Plus we were suppose to go to the gym after that and why did he say naw I think I am good but thanks LMBO!!! Yeah he was sleeping on those 27mins not no more hahahahaha!!
  • my2loves04and06
    Options
    cnbethea - that's hilarious! My husband can't make it totally through the Shred, either. And that's only with 3 lbs weights! He's only done it twice with me. Once to just try it and the second time bc he was over on his daily cals and had to burn some, haha.

Well TOM is practically gone, so I weighed today. Down 1.4 lbs from last week. I'm happy with that! Won't make ONEderland by the 8th, but that's ok. I have faith that I should be there by Halloween, if not a little sooner.

As for my candy weaknesses, I don't really like chocolate much (except for dark chocolate every now and then, and hot fudge on my ice cream). I know, call me crazy. I loooove peach Jolly Ranchers and I wish I could buy just an entire package of peach ones instead of buying the multi-flavored pack and picking out all the peach ones. As for dislikes, I really hate those black/orange wrapped peanut butter things and anything licorice related (Good & Plenty, Mike & Ikes, etc). As you can see, candy in the house doesn't tempt me, so Halloween isn't a big deal for me.
  • bluiz13
    Options
    Well TOM is practically gone, so I weighed today. Down 1.4 lbs from last week. I'm happy with that! Won't make ONEderland by the 8th, but that's ok. I have faith that I should be there by Halloween, if not a little sooner.

so am i updating your weight again?? if yes to what???
  • my2loves04and06
    Options
    so am i updating your weight again?? if yes to what???

I'm 204.6 now. If I don't reply sometime, I always keep my signature up to date with my CW!
  • bluiz13
    Options
    gotcha...should have looked there first :)
  • Brittany689
    Options
    cnbethea - that's hilarious! My husband can't make it totally through the Shred, either. And that's only with 3 lbs weights! He's only done it twice with me. Once to just try it and the second time bc he was over on his daily cals and had to burn some, haha.

As for my candy weaknesses, I don't really like chocolate much (except for dark chocolate every now and then, and hot fudge on my ice cream). I know, call me crazy. I loooove peach Jolly Ranchers and I wish I could buy just an entire package of peach ones instead of buying the multi-flavored pack and picking out all the peach ones. As for dislikes, I really hate those black/orange wrapped peanut butter things and anything licorice related (Good & Plenty, Mike & Ikes, etc). As you can see, candy in the house doesn't tempt me, so Halloween isn't a big deal for me.

I wish I didnt really like candy but I love it. Anything with chocolate is my favorite.