Peanut Butter Powder

Options
meagalayne
meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
I am a HUGE PB fan, but haven't had it in about a year because of it's high fat content - Would love to try this substitute without having to order 4 whole jars online. Mostly just looking for something to add to oatmeal or protein shakes in the morning. Is there anywhere in Canada where you can purchase this product?

I'll be traveling to NY State in a few weeks - Where can you find it there? Specific nutrition or health food stores?

Thanks,
Meag

Replies

• christina1109
    Options
    I found it at a local grocery store today, but I'm in Georgia.
  • eharvey
    eharvey Posts: 32
    Options
    Holy moly peanut butter powder?? I have got to try it. I love peanut butter to and havent stopped eating it at all. As a matter of fact I pretty much live off of it and have incorporated it into my entire life and diet. One piece of bread, 2 tablespoons of PB and a tablespooon of honey. Couple times a day and soooo far its worked for me. I LOVE PEANUT BUTTER....
  • christina1109
    Options
    http://www.lindasdietdelites.com/diet-foods-78/toppings-spreads-32/bell-plantation-pb2-powdered-peanut-butter-121.html

They ship to Canada. They have regular and chocolate flavors. Hope this helps your search.
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options

Which grocery store? Was it a chain store? I've been looking for it too.
  • MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    Options
    I hope you find it because it is GOOD! I recently found it at the commissary here on base.. its so guilt free when I eat it! only 45 cals!
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    http://www.bellplantation.com/products/locator

just put in your zip code- good luck hope there is a store near you! I bought it about 2 weeks ago. its good but not as sweet as the processed stuff we are used to. it reminds me of the "natural" ground peanut butter from the red machines at the market...
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    Holy moly peanut butter powder?? I have got to try it. I love peanut butter to and havent stopped eating it at all. As a matter of fact I pretty much live off of it and have incorporated it into my entire life and diet. One piece of bread, 2 tablespoons of PB and a tablespooon of honey. Couple times a day and soooo far its worked for me. I LOVE PEANUT BUTTER....

you will love the PB2 because the honey will give you that added sweetness you need with this one... low calorie!!!
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Hmm They ship to Canada but I wouldn't mind finding it locally - I hate ordering online.

Has anyone tried the chocolate?
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Choices choices.... I don't buy bread either, actually! hehe I stopped eating bread a few years ago. Just wasn't worth the calories to me! PB is basically the same - I LOVE it (PB ice cream is my fave) but I haven't bought it in years because I know that I can't really have it in moderation without guilt. It's also just not as filling as something else would be for the same # of cals (IMO). This powder could be the answer to my PB prayers...
  • christina1109
    Options

Which grocery store? Was it a chain store? I've been looking for it too.

Ok, not exactly local grocery store, it was the commissary on post. The link I posted has it for about $5.50 a jar and you can use the store locator that StarryEyedGirl posted.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Hmm They ship to Canada but I wouldn't mind finding it locally - I hate ordering online.

Has anyone tried the chocolate?

The chocolate is awesome too!!! Well worth it!! I bought the 12 pack (6 jars PB and 6 jars chocolate PB). Awesome in oatmeal, yogurt, smoothies, etc. My girls love to add it to their yogurt too!!
  • KristiVB
    KristiVB Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I tried the powder PB's and I didn't like the texture. I love and buy all of the time Better N Peanut Butter from Trader Joes. That stuff is AMAZING!!!
  • kristenanna
    kristenanna Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    i have the exact same problem, completely blew my calorie intake today but eating 2 peanut butter sandwiches. they are now going onto the no list!!
  • prestoncaleb
    prestoncaleb Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I found a store that carries it ...13 miles from me.....ROAD TRIP!

or I could order it from Amazon.

Maybe I'll call first and see if they have it in stock and also the cost before heading out. Maybe cheaper to order it online.
  • cstrong53061
    cstrong53061 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I too was looking for this product. Have heard wonderful reviews and desperately wanted to try it but couldn't find anywhere but Bell Plantation.com. I didn't want to pay for 4 jars and certainly not 11.95 to ship. So started searching the web. This is what I found and ordered from. Netrition.com You can order as many as you want for 3.99 a jar and the shipping is 4.95 for entire order and ships with in 1 business day. Hope this helps.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I too was looking for this product. Have heard wonderful reviews and desperately wanted to try it but couldn't find anywhere but Bell Plantation.com. I didn't want to pay for 4 jars and certainly not 11.95 to ship. So started searching the web. This is what I found and ordered from. Netrition.com You can order as many as you want for 3.99 a jar and the shipping is 4.95 for entire order and ships with in 1 business day. Hope this helps.

Oh, thank you!! I ordered more because I'm down to 2 jars. I don't want to run out!! :laugh:
  • meagalayne
    Options

Awesome! Finally some reasonably priced without ludicrous shipping costs! Sold :D Bought 2 jars to try WOHOO!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • cstrong53061
    cstrong53061 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    WOW! I got this product within 24hrs of ordering it. Now that is good service.
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I just ordered the sampler pack for $4 to see if I liked it
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Any suggestions on how to best use it once it finally arrives? I eat oatmeal most mornings, so I want to try it in that, but what else can I use it for? Note: I do not eat bread, so that's not really an option. Looking to mix it in with dairy products, mostly, but I'll take any suggestions I can get! I feel like mixing it with yogurt would be amazing!!