Peanut Butter Powder

Options
2»

Replies

• joleanrook
    Options
    Bump!

Great topic yall, I have really been wanting to swap out my 180 calorie peanut butter! I just ordered a jar of the PB2 from netrition.com, stoked to try it out! All that protein, yum!!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Bump!

Great topic yall, I have really been wanting to swap out my 180 calorie peanut butter! I just ordered a jar of the PB2 from netrition.com, stoked to try it out! All that protein, yum!!

Me too! And next - I'm buying a blender! Bring on the PB & Banana smoothies :bigsmile: I can't wait!
  • Wtbyerdoc
    Options
    Sounds intriguing who is the manufacturer? Have to say though all natural peanut butter although high in calories is good for you and studies have shown that eating 1-2 Tbsp of almond or peanut butter (again natural not processed jif stuff) actually helps you maintain or lose weight. I will use 2 tsp on ezekiel bread or low cal van waffle or in my protein shakes where the fat helps me feel full longer and I then eat less.
  • Sparklewolfie
    Options
    PB2 is made by Bell Plantation, but there are other brands. PB2 is just the most popular I think :smile:
    I really wish I could try it! It is made all-natural (no preservatives or anything) so it is like all natural peanut butter with less oil! I can eat TONS of peanut butter every day :love: but can't because of all the calories and fat...

I think PB2 also has less of the nutrients per 2TBS serving, so if you want to get the same benefits as eating 2TBS of regular peanut butter, you would need to eat more of PB2 . Which sounds like a bonus to me!!!:heart:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options

I am LOVING netrition.com now!! I ordered from them and the shipping was soooo fast!!! Also got a free t-shirt. :bigsmile: Looooove PB2!!
  • donnaleecam
    Options
    I like to mix it with vanilla yogurt and use as an apple dip.
  • eveunderground
    eveunderground Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    @meagalayne - have you received it yet? I'm in Canada as well and have been wanting to try this stuff for years but haven't because of the shipping costs. I'm curious to know how long it took thru netrition.com and how you are liking the product! :)
  • meagalayne
    Options
    @meagalayne - have you received it yet? I'm in Canada as well and have been wanting to try this stuff for years but haven't because of the shipping costs. I'm curious to know how long it took thru netrition.com and how you are liking the product! :)

Still waiting... I'll post to let you know when it arrives! Looks like there is a place in Markham to buy it, if you live out that way. I used the store locator posted in this thread to find it...
  • joleanrook
    Options
    I JUST GOT MY PB2 POWDER!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I CAN HAVE A PEANUT BUTTER SANDWICH FOR ONLY 115 CALORIES!!
    (35 calorie Natures own honey wheat bread and PB2.)

This is so great! It has 5 grams of protein and only 45 calories, it takes roughly 10 calories to break down and process 1g of protein. That means this PB creates a deficit of 5 calories - that's going to come from stored body fat.

I am so excited about how good this stuff is, I'm going to order a lot more now!
  • army_munchkin
    Options
    Thanks for this thread! I LOVE peanut butter on apples, its my favorite snack, but like so many I can't just eat 2 Tablespoons! I'm gonna see if I can find this PB alternative locally at the health food stores!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I never tried PB2. Peanut butter is one of those weakness foods, I could LIVE on peanut butter...love it so much I can go through a jar in two sittings.

I'll be giving PB2 a try, especially since (using that store locator someone posted on here) I found they sell it at my local grocery store! :drinker:
  • meagalayne
    Options
    I JUST GOT MY PB2 POWDER!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I CAN HAVE A PEANUT BUTTER SANDWICH FOR ONLY 115 CALORIES!!
    (35 calorie Natures own honey wheat bread and PB2.)

This is so great! It has 5 grams of protein and only 45 calories, it takes roughly 10 calories to break down and process 1g of protein. That means this PB creates a deficit of 5 calories - that's going to come from stored body fat.

I am so excited about how good this stuff is, I'm going to order a lot more now!
    Gahhhhh my jealousy meter is THROUGH THE ROOF!! When will my PB2 arrive?!?!? This is one SERIOUS downfall to living in Canada... Takes forever to get awesome stuff shipped up here!
  • MaryEffingPoppins
    MaryEffingPoppins Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I tried the powder PB's and I didn't like the texture. I love and buy all of the time Better N Peanut Butter from Trader Joes. That stuff is AMAZING!!!

I agree. I LOVE Better N Peanut Butter! I buy mine from my local health food store. ($5.99 per jar) Only 100 calories per 2 Tablespoons. Yum-O!
  • Smmikkel
    Options
    I started playing around w the Trader Joes Peanut Flour. I add a little water and I've got a pretty tastie peanut butter substitute. 1/4 cup is only 110 calories. Of course if I add oil it's more peanut buttery but the water works for me. And it's cheap for a 1lb bag.
  • meagalayne
    Options
    FINALLY got my PB2 in the mail today... It's been 22 DAYS since I ordered it, despite the 1-2 week shipping time estimated by Netrition.com ... I'm actually just glad it arrived, because I had resigned myself to the fact that it was likely either shipped to the wrong address, lost, or returned to sender at the border :ohwell: But, it's here, and I am pumped! I'm just really disappointed I didn't order more. I have so many good ideas...

PB2 and frozen strawberry shake for snack today
    Heart-healthy sweet-potato pie w/ graham and PB2 crust (making this one up, hope it turns out) some time this weekend
    PB2 + oatmeal tomorrow for breakfast
    PB2 + yogurt
    Morrocan stew with PB2, chickpeas, spices and veg
    and sooo many others...
  • eveunderground
    eveunderground Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Wow 3 weeks to deliver, that's long, but at least you finally received it!! I hope you post some updates after you try it out in those recipe ideas you mentioned!
  • alwardt
    alwardt Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Holy moly peanut butter powder?? I have got to try it. I love peanut butter to and havent stopped eating it at all. As a matter of fact I pretty much live off of it and have incorporated it into my entire life and diet. One piece of bread, 2 tablespoons of PB and a tablespooon of honey. Couple times a day and soooo far its worked for me. I LOVE PEANUT BUTTER....
    Choices choices.... I don't buy bread either, actually! hehe I stopped eating bread a few years ago. Just wasn't worth the calories to me! PB is basically the same - I LOVE it (PB ice cream is my fave) but I haven't bought it in years because I know that I can't really have it in moderation without guilt. It's also just not as filling as something else would be for the same # of cals (IMO). This powder could be the answer to my PB prayers...

I'm gluten intolerant, so I don't eat bread either. However, I do love PB2 on apples and in protein shakes. I ordered it online. Yum.
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Had it in my shake today and I was somewhat disappointed. 2 Tbsp of PB2 with strawberries, plain yogurt and a little soy milk and the PB flavour was really subdued. I could barely taste it at all. Maybe I need to check out some recipes online. Waiting til Thurs to get my protein mix (choc) but I assume it will drown out the PB2 even more. Any suggestions on this? How do you make PB2 shakes?