My 6 Year Journey

Options

Replies

• MyMalfunction7
    MyMalfunction7 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress!! You look great! Would you mind sharing your weekly workout regimen? I am heaviest in my stomach and it's worse now after c-section.

I usually do 20-25 minutes either on the elliptical or walking/jogging (I'm going to do a 5k eventually), and then I'll do 3 sets of 10 on the leg press and the leg adductors and abductors. About once or twice a week, I'll do the ab room at Planet Fitness - if I do it more than that, I'm miserable haha. Because the summer's coming up, I'll probably be doing a lot more outdoor activities, like biking outside :)
  • suz155
    suz155 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!:explode:
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    You are awesome!!! Wow, what an amazing journey. You've overcome so many obstacles as such a young person. You're incredibly inspiring. Thanks for sharing :)
  • laurelthistle
    laurelthistle Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Great story! You have done an amazing job and you look wonderful!!!
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    You've made an amazing transformation and are truly inspirational :flowerforyou:
  • Edmond_Dantes
    Edmond_Dantes Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! Thanks for posting this; you have inspired!
  • Happymom83
    Happymom83 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Amazing job :)
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Thats an amazing journey!! Thank you for sharing with us :-)
  • 1HappyRedhead
    1HappyRedhead Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Happy for you!! Be very proud of yourself! :flowerforyou:
  • cmurphy252
    cmurphy252 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    This is an AWESOME story and I'm so proud of you and your accomplishments! Well done :flowerforyou: .
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    You look great!!!! Tin hat pic is adorable and my fav though
  • monkeywizard
    monkeywizard Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Fantastic Job! many people think surgery is one and done, and don't realize that it's too easy to go back to where you started, so they end up going back and wonder what happened.

Congratulations on the lifestyle change and getting to a point where you are comfortable and happy with yourself!

Did you also have surgery to remove excess skin, do you still have it, or was it still elastic enough to shrink back as you lost the weight?
  • debralekicsummers
    debralekicsummers Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and keep up the fantastic work, you look amazing!:happy:
  • gmgrinkevich
    gmgrinkevich Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    very well done, we're all proud of you.
  • soberlicious
    soberlicious Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    your story is incredibly inspirational and you are indeed a wise/old soul at only 21!!! lus i love how you incorporated pictures into the telling of your story, instead of just having them at the end. great job, m'lady!!
  • 1donner1
    1donner1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Awsome job! I hope to inspire someone someday as I'm sure you have so many!
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    so gorgeous, amazing job changing your lifestyle and getting healthy!
  • Brige2269
    Brige2269 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your journey! You have a done a wonderful job. You story brought me to tears as I thought of my daughter. As of now, she is 10 years old and at 141 pounds. In the last few months she has lost weight. She was at 156 at Christmas. As I looked at your pictures, I pictured my lil' girl gaining and gaining. It's scary and I know I have to work with her. Any insights from your experience would be greatly welcomed. Good luck to you!
  • MyMalfunction7
    MyMalfunction7 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Fantastic Job! many people think surgery is one and done, and don't realize that it's too easy to go back to where you started, so they end up going back and wonder what happened.

Congratulations on the lifestyle change and getting to a point where you are comfortable and happy with yourself!

Did you also have surgery to remove excess skin, do you still have it, or was it still elastic enough to shrink back as you lost the weight?

Interestingly, I actually just got told by my surgeons that now would be a good time for me to pursue any skin surgeries I wanted. However, I got my surgery in Cincinnati, OH and I live in Detroit, MI, so it's about a 5 hour drive. The surgeons only have recommendations for plastic surgeons in Cincinnati, but they advised me to get any surgeries in Detroit for easier recovery, so I'm still doing a little looking into who's good in the area.

I do not have a bad excess skin problem, but I do want to fix the excess skin I have. My whole family has fairly inelastic skin, and I feel like I will be able to see my progress and be happier with my body once I have.
  • biddy249
    biddy249 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Congratulations young lady, you have just inspired many people who think they cannot make it happen. Continue to set the example and tell your story, you never know who is out there lurking that just needed this story to get them moving. Keep up the good work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!