Bye Bye Poo

Options

Replies

• kmclauchlanquinn
    kmclauchlanquinn Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Jeez there are some judgey people here...and not necessarily informed ones. A green smoothie IS food. For example, a green smoothie may contain: lots of spinach and kale, pineapple, berries, cucumber, nuts and seeds, coconut water etc...How is this not food? Full of fibre, vitamins and protein.
  • dweat62
    dweat62 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It was probably caused by her intestines not having to work to break down food for ten days and then BAM! Back to a solid food diet out of nowhere.
    If you do a liquid/juice cleanse, detox, whatever, go back to a normal diet slowly by adding one solid meal every few days back into your diet or else your intestines will not know what to do when it has solid food in it and result in constipation.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Jeez there are some judgey people here...and not necessarily informed ones. A green smoothie IS food. For example, a green smoothie may contain: lots of spinach and kale, pineapple, berries, cucumber, nuts and seeds, coconut water etc...How is this not food? Full of fibre, vitamins and protein.

coconut water counts as real food?

IMO "real food" is something that is solid and you chew….
  • dweat62
    Options
    But when it is blended up into oblivion, the intestines don't have to work nearly as hard so they basically forget how to digest.
  • kmclauchlanquinn
    Options

apart from coconut water, what else is not food. You do know the difference between smoothie and juice? Don't be embarrassed if you don't. With a smoothie, you still masticate and the whole food is included.
  • kmclauchlanquinn
    Options
    But when it is blended up into oblivion, the intestines don't have to work nearly as hard so they basically forget how to digest.

I eat green smoothies every day and my bowel movements are great. My husband has started having them too and his digestive system is now far more efficient.

The trick is not to blend "into oblivion", just blend to light chunks.

It is an awesome way of getting a whole lot of greens into your diet which is HEALTHY.
  • dweat62
    Options

It's also blended into oblivion to a point where the intestines do not need to work nearly as hard. So maybe you are the misinformed one.
    Take in basically predigested food for ten days and expect a system to just be able to get right back to work when solid food runs through it again. Not going to happen.
    And fruits and greens are hardly full of protein. Nuts and seeds are low on that scale as well.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

I'm about as anti-cleanse as they get...

...but I don't believe this is true.
  • kmclauchlanquinn
    Options
    hahaha! check protein in spinach man...you're the misinformed one. No one said anything about blending into oblivion. Check yourself.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

So what you're saying is that your intestines should take ginkgo biloba if you're doing a cleanse to help their memory.
  • dweat62
    Options
    You're basically consuming predigested food for 10 days. Nothing else, do you think your body will just go right back to work after so long without a solid food particle?
    Not that the body is stupid but when you don't use it, you lose it in most cases.

Lie in bed for a month and see if you can just jump out of bed and run wind sprints no problem.
  • kmclauchlanquinn
    Options

It's also blended into oblivion to a point where the intestines do not need to work nearly as hard. So maybe you are the misinformed one.
    Take in basically predigested food for ten days and expect a system to just be able to get right back to work when solid food runs through it again. Not going to happen.

hahaha! check protein in spinach man...you're the misinformed one. No one said anything about blending into oblivion. Check yourself.
    And fruits and greens are hardly full of protein. Nuts and seeds are low on that scale as well.
  • mistiblake08
    mistiblake08 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I sometimes have to use 2 parts apple juice and 1 part prune juice to get it started.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Sorry you had to learn the hard way, but the important thing is that you learned. Hope you feel better soon.
  • Binky_Muffin
    Binky_Muffin Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Go for a long jog… That should get things moving. LOL. Strategically plan your route so that there are a few toilets available. Things could get hairy… BTDT.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options

I'm about as anti-cleanse as they get...

...but I don't believe this is true.

Yea, going to have to call B.S. on that, basic break down happens in the mouth and stomach, by the time you hit intestines you're only working on the break down of lipids and some proteins for about the first 1/3 of the small intestine and then nutrient absorption from that point on. If anything, you're eliminating *some* of the work for your mouth and stomach, but that's about it.
  • dweat62
    Options
    Yeah 3g per 100g Serving. 3g is a joke.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

apart from coconut water, what else is not food. You do know the difference between smoothie and juice? Don't be embarrassed if you don't. With a smoothie, you still masticate and the whole food is included.

if is blended and you drink then it is not real food in my book …

but I am glad the smoothies are working for you ...
  • rathimani
    rathimani Posts: 15
    Options
    When you juice, the fruits and greens loses it fiber content sadly :(

You could add real fruits to your daily diet, if you can't eat them whole, blend it. Lots of water, and you can try smooth move laxative tea for occasional contispation to get things moving - its not a pleasant smelling tea, I would tell that for sure, you can add a tsp of honey if you would like, but it doesn't give a blowout in the morning, just eases the inside and gets it going :)
  • GertrudeHorse
    GertrudeHorse Posts: 646 Member
    Options

I'm not a doctor or anything, but if you have sentient intestines you should prolly get that looked at. Or at least monitored. For science.