Thoughts on Truvia and aspartame?

Options
12346»

Replies

• Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I can't do artificial sugars, they give me horrible headaches. I tried a quest bar for the first time and had a horrible headache because they use sugar alcohols derived from aspartame! I understand the reasoning behind having no calorie sugar because it's in a lot of things but I feel that the natural form is best for us and our bodies even though it's not low in calories.

Go look in your medicine cabinet and behold all the lovely human created chemical concoctions. Or do you only partake of natural remedies since anything not "natural" must be bad for you.

Just because you have an aspartame sensitivity doesn't make it automatically bad for everyone else. Some people have peanut allergies to a completely natural protein found in some nuts and can even die from coming in contact with it. That individual sensitivity does not mean that the rest of humanity should avoid it.

When it comes to the ingestion of foods and chemicals, it's a case by case basis and one person's experience cannot speak for the masses.